Edwardejw
Posts
-
"We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig" -
"We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig"I agree we are a Urban Meyer away from the Super Bowl, yes!
Maybe, but not him.
OSU will pay him more than any NFL team would. You know that he will contact Saban before he making a move to the NFL and I guarantee that Nick would tell him don't do it. Miles would say so too! All these high profile coaches, especially if they were in the same conference, talk to each other.
-
"We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig"Most of the fans have already checked out. PG even for me, the losses don't hurt anymore- sad you go into a game EXPECTING to lose.
Agreed but lucky me. I get to watch Hoyer fuck up all over again here in Houston. He was his usual crap self today against the Bills. I hated him when I had NFL ticket and now I'm stuck with him here in Houston. I just don't get it!
-
If I were Jimmy Haslam... -
If I were Jimmy Haslam...You children. I guess history was not the strong suit of many of you.
On January 12, 1946, Dan Reeves was denied a request by the other National Football League (NFL) owners to move his team, the Cleveland Rams to Los Angeles and the then-103,000-seat Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.[1] Reeves threatened to end his relationship with the NFL and get out of the professional football business altogether unless the Rams transfer to Los Angeles was permitted.[1][2][3] A settlement was reached and, as a result, Reeves was allowed to move his team to Los Angeles.
Been there, done that!
-
Austin Davis named starter against Bungles...Sorry guys, you can't teach football instincts. You have them or you don't. Last night Davis showed why he was relegated to just above the practice squad. The slide was a jamarcus Russell play all the way. Even 5 graders know enough to get out of bounds.
Then Pettine, clock management? You bench Johnny for telling a lie when there are people like that asshole Ray Lewis passing judgement on Johnny. He is a class A criminal. Dude make him run laps or some other such shit instead of ruining one man for life and putting in an inbred from Mississippi.
Pettine, you need to be fired, no you need to be dunked repeatedly in the Lake off the 9th street pier until you get frostbite in all your toes..
I can't believe some of the people on this board support this moron.
-
PettineIF Pettine knows what he's doing but I sure wish he'd tell the players before the game. Maryavis Bryant and Antonio Brown set records last week against us.
This week is an easy winnable game. No Flacco, Steve Smith, Forsett, And the worst pass defense in the league,almost.
The Browns rank 2nd to last in the run game. So McCown will could score if he doesn't get killed with Barnidge our only big strong stud receiver.
Monday is an important game for us. We are tied with San Diego and Tennessee at 2-8.
A win could knock us out of the running for a franchise quarterback.
I still think we are,light years away from a contending team. The defense and secondary need overhaul. Wide receiver is a must! Ezekiel Elliot would bring the elite running back to go with receiver. agreed.
First pardon my insertions.
You make a lot of sense and I agree with a good portion of your post but I can't see McCown surviving. I just worry that there's going to be a funeral in Jacksonville Texas this coming week.
Seriously, could Ken Stabler or Sammy Baugh have made it in today's in your face media world? I think Jimmy Brown saw it coming and he got out while the getting was good!
When we hired Pettine I said who? When we hired Shanahan I said they know your offense it will get people killed ( RG3 - Hoyer - Manziel). When we hired DeFilippo I thought shit, can't we get anyone noteworthy?
I'm really tired of rooting for a joke. What made me happy though was when the stat was pointed out Thurs. that it had been 113 years combined since the Lions and Eagles won a championship.
I was asked the other day why I root for the Browns and I said I was a former season holder and they said, "Yeah and so what?". I just shrugged and went back to my office.
-
Pettine.......and replace him with WHO???
My grandmother who died in 1990 at the age of 104.
-
Browns are designed to failI agree
.
First....every team/owner makes money. The TV money that each team gets before the season even starts guarantees that. If an NFL owner says he isn't making any money, he'd also try to sell you ocean front property in Arizona.
Model would have disagreed with that statement, hence we're playing the "real Browns" this weekend.
Second I agree with everything ForeverCleveland posted. Haslam is an idiot. His first rounders for the most part have sucked or are not being used correctly. BUT LET'S GO BACK TO 1999.
Tim Couch - Thrown in too early. Shell Shocked.
Courtney Brown - Injured by penalty flag
Gerard Warren - Cast off after injury only to play 7 more years
William Greene- Drug addict and alcolholic.
Jeff Faine Played a couple of years
Kellen Winslow II - Off field motorcycle injury. MORON
Braylon Edwards - Legal problems
Kamerion Wimberley - Rookie of the year then hell in a handbasket Coordinator?
Joe Thomas - Wow that's one right. It is about time for him to leave so he can get on a real team.
Brady Quinn- Major Putz. Didn't you feel so sorry for him while his draft status dropped to 22? PUTZ
no pick in 2008. Ok
Alex Mack - That's 2 right
Joe Haden - Holy shit!
Phil Taylor - What happened with him?
Trent Richardson - Attitude?
Brandon Weeden - Good what possessed them? No talent hack.
Barkevious Mingo - Watched him in college. He is a gazelle and he sure is not being used correctly.Turn him loose.
Justin Gilbert - Needs a good solid rap with a 2 x 4.
Johnny Football - That fat bastard Pettine has absolutely no clue on how to use him.
Danny Shelton and Cameron Irving. WTF?
It looks like we've had a serious string of dumb ass morons in the front office and we certainly have one on the sideline. They better get their shit together or I will have to look at them like I looked at the Indians. 1972 trade Graig Nettles. Why would you do that. 1974 Trade Chris Chambless. Both to the Yankees, in your division at the time and that was the core of their 1977 and 1978 Series Championships.
1979 Trade for Thurman Munson and he is killed traveling to Cleveland.
One more thing. How many teams can boast if you enter a 2 word search you have 2 humiliating playoff defeats come up. The Drive and The Fumble.
Yes, I'm proud to say that I am a browns fan.
-
I'm normally positive, but I want Pettine gone NOW!Born and raised in Cleveland and have been watching since the early 1960s. Pettine is a stubborn man for sure. And not very bright. McCown looked like he was ready to keel over. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of watching Cleveland Sports. It's obvious Pettine doesn't like Manziel but he signed on with Farmer to draft Gilbert and Johnny Football.
Manziel was drafted for the future and the future is slipping away week by week.
I think Pettine needs to go and go soon before the whole team ends up in therapy.
Likewise, born and raised - season holder from 1964 through 1972 when I started moving around the country. I liken Pettine to Forrest Gregg - a really really bad coach without a clue. I am glad I didn't get Sunday ticket.
I can watch a real football team on Saturdays with three real running backs one of which is leading the NCAA and playing 1 less game than everyone else.. God an injured McCown led the team in rushing? Is that really what I read?
Johnny can't help it if his girl is highspirited! I'd bet 1 in 3 Texas and Louisiana men had their drunk woman try to bail out of a moving car.How did Bill Murray put it? "So, she's a bitch" - oh I mean dog.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielSo you see no chance that a developing, young QB, who just showed his first signs of real progress, could be ruined by getting handed the reins too early?
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here. Johnny has so much talent that was spoiled by his entitled rich kid attitude. With his head on straight, he is going to do wonders. Against the Jets, I saw the Aggie Johnny including the fumbles. He learned quick that this ain't college. Last week more Heisman Johnny but he protected the ball. The kid is amazing and anyone who watched him in the SEC knows that.
We threw another SEC QB to the wolves many years ago, trouble was, back then we had no offensive line so anyone was committing suicide back there. Too bad we ruined Couch (he wore 2 also didn't he?)
-
WeedenOMG, I work with a bunch of boys backers. This should be great! Couldn't happen to a nicer team. . . .
Saw Luke McCown doing a Verizon commercial during the Texans 2nd loss. The image was on it's side and I thought he spent a lot of time there in Cleveland.
-
Justin Gilbert involved in road rage crash in BrunswickOk that's pretty hilarious. And now I need another pinch. Dang it....
All of you calling for us to cut him, I really hope you felt that way prior to this incident. If this is what pushed you over the top, then you are stupid.
Agreed. If this would have happened down here in Houston, he probably would have been shot.
-
Following Hoyer for those who care -
Following Hoyer for those who careInt at the 14, fumbled at the 7. Taken out with 6 minutes to go and Mallet scores twice in that time frame. Even though he's a friggin Hog.
Kudos to Toledo by the way.
"I feel terrible," Hoyer said. "I feel like I let this entire organization down. I mean, it just went from bad to worse." I hope he doesn't pick up too many splinters.
-
Following Hoyer for those who careHoyer's first pass as a Texan, woefully under-thrown ball - intercepted giving the Chiefs the ball at the 14. 2 plays -touchdown.
Couldn't stand him in Cleveland and still can't stand him here. Got to get NFL Sunday Ticket.
-
Out of the Doghouse 2015?I think Mingo plays far better this year as a two armed man. I don't give up on him that fast.
I agree! He's only 24 and started playing organized football in 2007 as a junior in H.S. He's an all state track man.
There is lots of growing yet to do. I think they should have him blitz about every 3rd defensive play.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielYes, but that was literally 15 years ago when defenses got away with murder (Ray lewis pun absolutely intended). A team built like that Ravens team would NEVER win in the game the way it is now.
It really was that long ago. Wow
You might be right but defenses that lead the league and a strong running game coupled with a not great QB that doesn't make stupid turnovers, I think it could be done.
Anyway, that was the Brown's super bowl.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielGang, there is a man down in Baton Rouge that is seriously considering starting a QB who had a 42% completion ratio and single highhandedly cost us a bowl game against Notre Dame.
I really don't understand what coaches see in QB's. Not anything we see that's for sure.
BTW, down here O'Brien got pissed at the Texans fans for knocking his QB's (Hoyer, Savage and Mallet)

" The offense is always evolving" and we think we have problems in Cleveland. Foster is also out for 7-10 weeks.
Please honey, NFL Ticket is on sale right now.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielSee, this is something I just disagree on when people mention it. I don't see how in any shape or form you can win more than 7, 8 games without a franchise QB. You can reach that "mediocre" level sure, maybe even sneak into the playoffs. But that strategy will never work long-term, at least IMO.
Didn't the Ravens win a title with Trent Dilfer?