http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...rs-20-Browns-12Jake Delhomme makes some pretty good throws. Just thought id share this.
yea but 2006 is 4 years ago when he was 31 not 35 and hadnt had tommy john surgery yet
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...rs-20-Browns-12Jake Delhomme makes some pretty good throws. Just thought id share this.
yea but 2006 is 4 years ago when he was 31 not 35 and hadnt had tommy john surgery yet
Pike will not be drafted until round 5, if at all. He simply does not have the arm strength for the NFL.Pike in round 1 would be worse than trading up to get Quinn.
Haden or Berry should be the entire draft board for our first round. Haden has 4.4x time.. he was simply in a horrible stance at the start.
i didn't say pike was a 2nd round pick did Ior in the first read it i said if we draft a qb OUT of the first round i like pike
I say if you are going to draft a qb out of the first round forget tebow or quinn I go for pike... I think he is a legit qb but I would poerfer bradford and clausen second choice
i just think we already did this once with trent dilfer.......were not winning a championship so lets start someone who has a future.....it makes no sense to me if he is the starter.....i would just rather go with someone in there 20's not someone in their mid 30's
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...wns_sign_f.html
nice pick up i think
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...wns_sign_f.html
nice pick up i think
Espn Breaking News says Adam Shefter is reporting that the browns are really shopping brady quinn hard.
he never said hard he said we are looking into all possible scenario at the qb position
@horse-balls said:
Exactly! You have to be either gay or racsist to think BQ is better than SW.And for all of you folks that are offended by homosexual references: Take a deep hard look at yourselves. And ask youselves: "Why do I support Brady Quinn so fervently? He's not that good ... he rarely wins games for my team ... oh my god ... maybe I AM a homo ... I just like the way he looks!"
HB
You make no sense......seneca wallace is below 500 as a starter his numbers are better i give u that but he has won nothing u need to look into stuff before u state it next time neither has won anything so that is not an argument.......and Jesus this is a Retarded thread by you
1. There is a team out there who has expressed interest in trading for DA and the deal is still being discussed.2. There is a team out there who has expressed interest in Brady Quinn and its still being discussed.
Or 3. I have the NFL offseason schedule confused and the Browns still have untill the end of today before the bonus kicks in.
I doubt its 1, I'm not sure if he has any value left to anybody. I think its #2 and it involves Kyle Orton and the Broncos. MacDaniels really likes Brady and Brady has a better chance of succeeding in that system than this one. Orton although not the most electrifying QB in the league, is efficient and manages to win a lot more than he loses. If that's not the perfect guy to bring in here and mentor a 4th or 5th round draft pick, I dont know who is. But then again, as a guy who doesn't have cable TV therefore no ESPN, I may be missing the possibility that Orton has been tendered. If so, the trade won't happen for a few weeks and we'll all be yelling at eachother again on BrownsBoard. Regardless if its Denver or whoever, one of these QBs is getting traded. Expect a lot of speculation and mikToxic telling everybody they're stupid until a move is actually made.
or 4. his bonus isnt due till march 19th
Re-Signed Players-Jerome Harrison
-D'Qwell Jackson
-Mike Furrey
-Evan Moore
-Brodney Pool
Free Agents
-Michael Jenkins WR
-Jerious Norwood RB
-Antoine Bethea
Trades
TRADE #7 to San Francisco #13, and #111. Singletary grabs Rolando McClain
TRADE #13 to New York Jets #29, and #61. They draft Dez Bryant.
TRADE Shaun Rogers,DA, and #111 to Denver Broncos #81, and Brandon Marshall
Draft
#29-Terrence Cody DT
#38-Golden Tate WR
#61-Kyle Wilson CB
#72- Thaddeus Gibson OLB
#81-Sam Young OT
#93-Kurt Coleman SS
#103-Freddie Barnes WR
#111-Darryl Clark QB
#131-Joe Mcknight RB
#168- Jim Cordle OT
#176-Devin Ross CB
#199-Leigh Tiffin K
no thanks to cody....weight issues and the fact that he is projected as a thrid rounder at best because of it.......but im an insider on espn and mcshay has berry falling to us
So basically the tweet says "If DA is going to be cut, the most likely time for it to happen is before his roster bonus kicks in. We don't really knoww if he'll be cut but if it were to happen, it would be before he gets his 2 million"This should be nominated for the most insignificant thread of the year.
Strong......I saw a post on realgm it had to do with the browns so i posted it.....i thought this is what the forum is for sorry
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_arc...ed_by_march_19/
Twitter (Adam Caplan) - Browns quarterback Derek Anderson could be released by the team before March 19.
Adam Caplan wrote on his Twitter page Monday that Anderson's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 19.
"The clock starts ticking for players who have roster or option bonuses coming up. Derek Anderson's $2 M RB is due on 3/19, source said," he wrote.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ren_aide_g.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Gil Haskell, one of Mike Holmgren's closest friends and advisers in the NFL, is expected to join the Browns soon.
Haskell was on Holmgren's coaching staffs in Green Bay and Seattle. In fact, Haskell was with Holmgren for 15 of Holmgren's 17 seasons as an NFL head coach.
NFL photo
Longtime Holmgren assistant Gil Haskell could rejoin his old boss in Cleveland.
Haskell, 66, is expected to be appointed as an adviser to the Browns president. In that capacity, he may be called on to conduct a thorough evaluation of the Browns' offense and have major input in the direction it takes in the second season of coach Eric Mangini.
Haskell's roots go back to pre-Bill Walsh years with the San Francisco 49ers when his uncle was part owner of the team. His coaching career began with John Robinson at USC and then with the Los Angeles Rams.
He joined Holmgren's Packers team as running backs coach in 1992 and was made receivers coach in 1995. After a two-year stint as offensive coordinator with the Carolina Panthers, Haskell rejoined Holmgren in Seattle and was coordinator -- and later assistant head coach -- through 2008.
Haskell was the coordinator in 2005 when the Seahawks boasted the No. 2 overall offense, the NFL's leading rusher in Shaun Alexander and No. 4 passer in Matt Hasselbeck.
At that season's Super Bowl, Holmgren campaigned for Haskell to receive consideration as a head coach candidate.
"He's a very meticulous, high work-ethic guy and I just don't understand [why he hasn't gotten consideration]," Holmgren said then. "If a team wanted to hire somebody to build something and get them where they need to get to, he would be the one I would recommend to anyone who would ask me."
Haskell would be the second former assistant coach from Seattle to join Holmgren. Holmgren previously named Keith Gilbertson, 61, as Browns director of pro personnel. Gilbertson coached receivers and offensive line with the Seahawks under Holmgren.
For some reason I just love everything Holmgren is doing here....it actually seems like we might have the makings of a good organization!!!!!!!!!
I think I would be happy with this draft. A couple questionable picks but doesn't every draft have them? This would address a lot needs...Can someone tell me a little more about Kindle? I've heard his name mentioned a couple times but don't remember him standing out in any of the games I saw him play in.Hopefully the undersized TE from Pitt (by todays standards) has good hands because I don't think he would be much of a blocker.
kindle didn't really stand out much part of the reason last year was brian orakpo was just a monster but kindle is built similar to orakpo.....just an absolute physical speciman. he is pretty good in run support and fast of the edge. He would help us in both areas on defense i believe
No need to get killed....it's just your opinion.Bryant would be a good pick no doubt even though I wouldn't select him. Nor would I take a TE...I think we are pretty good there.
But again.....just one posters opinion.
I like the Johnson and Wright picks.
If I was going for a receiver, I take Freddie Barnes at the top of the 3rd....I doubt he will be there by the time the draft rolls around...his current 4th round grade...thereabouts...is sure to go through the roof....I think he gets picked in round 2...say mid to late round.
I like freddie barnes a lot and got to watch him play a few times this year as i do go to bg but i was watching the east west shrine game yesterday and mccshay said barnes wasnt even invited to the combine and is likely a late round to possible free agent so i wouldnt waste a third on him
-From DawgPoundMikeBrowns fans Josh needs our help. Let's show Josh and the Browns what he means to us!! Let's get a "PAY CRIBBS" billboard in downtown Cleveland. This billboard will be up till Josh gets his deal. Josh is a Browns fan and his dedication to team and community is the best I have ever seen by a player. He represents all fans and he gets it!! His performance on the field, in the locker room and in the community is outstanding!! WE Can't let this happen!! Please let's all get together to get this done! I am asking for donations from .25 to $1.00 max from Browns fans to get the billboard done and up. I will show you the invoice of the billboard and I will post locations and artwork ideas to be approved by you the fans before this goes up. If the billboard does not go up for any reason...the money will go to Josh and his charity foundation. If there is more money collected then the billboard costs...that money will also go to Josh's foundation.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...e5690493691c049
josh is a great player but he signed a contract a few years back and still has years on that contract and for him to say he will never play for us again pisses me off.....granted he may deserve more than the 600k he is making dont complain about it when you have people losing jobs and you are going to make money like that for 16 games.....i like cribbs but do ur job for money people would kill to have.....if i got offered 1.5 mill. to return kicks and occasional WildDawg my signature would have been on that contract a long time ago
While I certainly don't want the Browns taking a QB early, I think your takes on Clausen reveal that you haven't really watched him. Clausen does not lock onto a target and he sees the field incredibly well (that's why he threw 33 TDs vs. 4 INTs and hit just about 70% of his passes over his last 13 games).The numbers are skewed so heavily in favor of Tate at least in part because the other two main pass catchers on the team missed 3 and 5 games, respectively.
Michael Floyd caught 44 balls in 7 games. His numbers, projected out to 12 games like Tate's, are: 75 grabs, 1363 yards, and 15 TDs). Many thought that Floyd was the better receiver of the two, even early in this season. I personally preferred Tate all along, as he's more explosive.
Kyle Rudolph (TE) caught 33 passes in 9 games. None of ND's other receivers played more than 8 games. Clausen didn't lock onto him. He threw to Tate when he was open. And when he wasn't, Clausen threw elsewhere. It's something to keep in mind, and it's something you may not have seen if you didn't watch all of ND's games.
i agree completely with you....clausen is a good qb i like your assessment a lot
I pretty sure Suh and Berry will be gone when we pick but I can't stand the thought of Jimmy Clausen being the #1 projected QB. You know how it takes at least 10 beers to turn a female cornhusker into a hottie? I'd need about 18-24 beers to like what I see in Jimmy Clausen's game as a football player. I think the kid from Central Michigan (LeFever) sees the field better whereas Golden Tate's unbelieveable athleticism allowed Clausen to lock onto his favorite target most of the time. In addition, I think he throws too many flutter balls which translates into picks at the next level. There's just something about him I don't like.Do we try to find the next Percy Harvin in round 1 to add TDs to our WR corps? My guess is this would be Golden Tate barring a disappointing 40 time ahead. I remembered saying we could use some more weapons in our passing game last year and the 1 guy I wanted most of all just got Offensive Rookie of the Year. That said, I liked the way things worked out with Alex Mack.
Do we go after a corner like Hayden, which someone already mentioned here?
Is there a gotta have available at Right Tackle?
What if RB CJ Spiller is on our doorstep? I know we have Harrison but Carolina has a pretty good deal when DeAngelo Williams can't dress on Sundays. Even when he does, Stewart's fresh legs is a nice 1-2 punch and change of pace.
Will this be a year where there's QB gems after round 1?
This goes to anyone that wants to answer it - What would be your ideal first 3 rounds for the Browns in the 2010 Draft?
- Tom F.
YOu may be right....but on the contrary i like clausens toughness he played the last 10 games with a torn ligament in his toe and he didn't just lock into tate....when floyd was healthy he was having a better season than tate at the time....and did u forget about randolph the stud TE....he had weapons which makes it a little harder to decide on him but hes a tough kid who wants to win....and what i really like about him is he seemed to care so much about weis and his job and the seniors after they lost to UConn... that impressed me....but lets have holmgren and our new gm decide on him
seriously guys you need to get off DA's nuts he does nothing good besides throw an occasional nice deep ball...Throws the balls to his running backs at his feet and as hard as he can.....Im not saying quinn is the anserw but slightly better but anderson SUCKS!!!!! his stats just prove it. Holmgren will bring in his own QB in the next 2 years and let QUINN play those seasons out as his guy gets ready