Oh, well, given that a broadcast station's range is probably about what? 50 -75 miles, that means that the blackout radius is in actuality about 125-150 miles, fair to say? Do they broadcast blacked out Browns games in Columbus which is about 120-140 miles from Cleveland?
Unfortunately this is about right in certain markets. I don't know the exact distance but I can guarantee that it is beyond 140 miles when Charger games are blacked out. To the North of San Diego County is Orange County, followed by L.A. County. The Northern most part of S.D. County receives L.A. local broadcast which means that if the Chargers are blacked out, so is Orange and L.A. counties. So based in the way television broadcast intersect, if a Charger game game is blacked out, the closet place to watch would be Santa Barbara to the North, and Yuma to the East. The 75 mile Radius is B.S. What makes this rule even more Retarded is that international feeds are not affected. So being in San Diego I am about 25 from the Mexican border, which has all NFL broadcasts since they are on a different satellite provider.