Ah! Yeah sorry, I usually try to use the US spelling when I type on here. Hope it didn't make it too hard to understand...
English Brown
Posts
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools -
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsI think it will be an up and down day for both offences where they make some big plays but both defences get to the QB a fair amount.
Browns 20-17 Dolphins
-
Attention Tebow LoversCan someone tell whether Tebow courts the media or does it just follow him because of the Christian thing?
I haven't read much in the way of him bigging himself up, but he seemed to get a lot of shit from the media. Am I missing something?
It's funny considering the amount of players who spend the summer staring across court rooms at judges and yet get an easier ride than he does.
-
Browns To Win Conference Next Year?I agree. Before FA, pass rush was the number one need, I never said it wasn't. What I said was we are still potentially light at the back and could have addressed this ASWELL without getting into cap trouble.
-
Browns To Win Conference Next Year?I think they had the cap space to do both, signing Grimes or another DB wouldn't have broken the bank, however like I said, they have a policy in place and are sticking to it. I don't have a problem with that, things are moving in the right direction, it might just take another draft to add depth in certain positions.
-
Browns To Win Conference Next Year?Whichever way you look at it, not many teams have improved their roster as much as the Browns in the last two seasons. Whether you agree with moving up to take TRich at 3 the fact is before drafting him they had a few good players on the D and O lines, and Haden. After that there wasn't much to get excited about.
Since then theyve added a potential top RB, WRs who actually give the opposition something to worry about, and now a pass rush. Added to this, (hopefully) better coaches, setting up the team to the players, especially weeden's, strengths and things are on the up.
Obviously the team isn't there yet and I'd have liked them to try harder in FA to strengthen the back line by maybe gambling on paying Grimes but they have a policy and they are sticking to it. There's definately more reason to be positive than negative about next season and beyond than there has been in a while.
-
My Theory Of The Browns' 2013 Draft... The Fo Agrees With UsThere's no reason why they can't do well this season. If you look back to before last season's draft the team is far better on both sides of the ball and has coaches who seem to have a game plan.
The only problem is with Weeden still to prove he's a worthy first round pick it would be risky to throw everything at this season like Miami has, if you need something to pick up a top rated QB next year.
-
My Theory Of The Browns' 2013 Draft... The Fo Agrees With UsNext season hinges on the play of Weeden and the FO maybe had this in mind when trading for 2014 picks.
They managed to pick up another pass rusher and while i wasnt impressed with pick at first, I'm coming around to it. Add to that, the lack of numbers in the S, CB and OL has been addressed and it could have been a lot worse given the level of confidence in Lombardi before the draft.
It might not be a popular decision but they look to be using next season as a starting point to fully assess what they have before really making a push in 2014 and to be fair with a whole new coaching staff, overhaul of the defence and unproven QB it's probably not a bad way to go. It doesn't necessarily mean next year has to be a waste, they just aren't betting all their chips on it.
-
Draft Thoughts 2013Looking through that list of players who have visited its interesting that neither Rhodes nor Warmack are on it. If they were looking to trade back you would think both those players would in the frame for a mid round pick.
Maybe they have decided to pick 6 or just haven't had any offers they like so will take whats there from Jordan, Ansah or Miliner.
-
Browns Practice With Geno SmithWe actually agree. Even after what they've done in free agency I'd still take an Ansah/Jones type and give Weeden another year with better play calling and a season experience behind him.
Sorry to disappoint...
-
Browns Practice With Geno SmithI don't think the argument about wasting last years first round pick would stop the current FO from taking Smith if they did like him.
In a way it would follow their current policy of basically saying everything done previously was shit and we are starting from scratch in another direction. Saying the Weeden pick was a waste would look to prove their point.
-
"solid Starters"I'm not exactly sure what point your even trying to make at the minute but I think you would sit here typing all day and im getting a little bored. So here goes at a short version of my point of view and you can agree with it or not :-
Cleveland will probably have to pay over the odds for FA because they are BOTH in city that isn't universally appreciated, regardless of surveys on education etc, and because the team has a history of losing. If they do try to spend big, choose the guy on attitude as much as ability.
-
"solid Starters"All of that maybe true but the fact of the matter is Cleveland, rightly or wrongly, doesn't have the reputation as a top city to live in. A view which your own national media seem to enjoy re-enforcing every chance they get.
You seriously think telling a free agent that the temperature of Lake Erie in November is 'pleasant' is going to wash?
The bottom line is if you want top players your going to have to pay for it, possibly even more than a Miami might have to, so make sure when you target the guy your going to splash out on its a guy whose willing to buy into the spirit of what theyre trying to achieve, rather than someone who thinks is doing everyone a favor playing for Cleveland.
-
"solid Starters"You know exactly what I mean but if you really need it spelling out it is that selling the city to someone from somewhere else is going to be easy regardless of the rubber museum...
I take that picture wasnt taken in November???
-
"solid Starters"The best thing the Saints did was sell the dream to Drew Brees. If you can get a talisman figure to buy into the idea they'll put everything on the line for it and also make it easier to sell the dream to others
It's also about choosing the right guy to pitch the idea to. I don't see someone like Mike Wallace buying into a team idea and playing to achieve the common goals, where as maybe a Wes Welker would. Not saying the Browns would interest him but he seems to have more or the mentality needed to be successful.
-
"solid Starters"Players will only knock back certain cities if they aren't really sold on the team in the first place. Nobody would compare Pittsburg or Green Bay with Miami but they don't have to answer the same questions because the teams themselves are more successful.
The trouble the Browns have is they have neither a winning reputation nor a city on the beach so they might have to throw more money at some players, at least in the short term until the team looks a better proposition.
-
Mock Draft ConsensusNah, snooker is a minority sport. It's basically football all the way with Rugby and Cricket a long way 2nd and 3rd and usually only when the national team play.
In Ireland they are big on football but tend to follow English or Scottish teams so crowd wise the biggest sport is Gaelic football which I think is a sort of hockey with a hard ball.
-
Mock Draft ConsensusYeah, I tend to start with the mock draft sites and see who we are linked with then read up on them. It's not the same as sitting down watching a college game so I wouldn't have a clue after the first round, but you can pick enough up to make an educated guess on who ypu think might do well at the next level which I suppose everyone, including the FO is doing until you get a player on the field in the NFL.
I just like what I see and read about Ansah, in the earlier drafts he was projected late in the first but as time has gone on he's moved up, but we are lucky in that there are a few players who will improve the defence straight off.
-
Mock Draft ConsensusFor the most part what you have is the same as we have, though occasionally we can see highlights on TV, but those are no better than what Youtube would give you. You should certainly have access to the same internet evaluation sites we do.
-
Mock Draft ConsensusAll I have to go by over here is YouTube and reviews by 'experts' but I like the sound of Ansah.
Just think he has the physical attributes that you are just lucky enough to be born with, which coupled with time spent with our coaches he could be turned into a beast.