Hi everyone, I'm a visitor from a Buffalo Bills message board and I was curious about something you guys might be able to give a valid perspective on. I apologize if this is on the wrong forum.
Our owner is old and he might die soon and as a result, there's going be an ownership change. With that being said, our stadium's lease is up in 2013 and although the county and the team are working to renew it for another 20 years, it's not set in stone that a deal will get done.
Additionally, a local sports reporter started talking out of his rear end about possible ownership groups that would be interested in building a stadium in downtown Buffalo or perhaps closer to Canada in Niagara Falls, NY. That got me thinking about an oft debated topic of building a stadium on the waterfront in Buffalo or downtown.
The reason why I am here is because I always think about Cleveland and the Browns when ever this topic comes up. I was wondering what has been the effect of building your football stadium on the waterfront and in the city on the surrounding neighborhood in Cleveland? Did you guys expect to see an uptick in development after the stadium was built? Has the stadium made that part of the city more of a destination. I know its close to the Rock and Roll HOF. When i visited your city a few years ago, I went the R&R HOF, checked out the stadium, but I cant remember if there was anything else down there.
In Buffalo, we are starting to develop our inner and outer harbor but it's no where near what you guys have in Cleveland. What we like about Ralph Wilson Stadium is the tailgating. Since it's kind of out in the country, there's plenty of parking and it's fairly cheap to attend games. many fans are worried about PSL's, increased ticket prices and a reduction in tailgating accessibility.