To be honest, Nick Chubb reminds me a bit of Bell.
Patience, vision, power, athletic ability.
I agree. Chubb has shown rare patience when waiting for holes to open. Reminds me a lot of Bell in the running game.
To be honest, Nick Chubb reminds me a bit of Bell.
Patience, vision, power, athletic ability.
I agree. Chubb has shown rare patience when waiting for holes to open. Reminds me a lot of Bell in the running game.
Again, ASSUMING WE CANT TRADE DOWN (which is probable since there are not players that teams really want to trade up for)...The more I hear about Earl Thomas, the more I like him.. he may be a slight reach at 7, but all the analysts have great things to say about him. Im just concerned about picking a "thin" safety, as some experts put it, considering the injuries safeties are bound to have... But I keep reading that Thomas is very instinctive and is a playmaker, sounds like someone the Browns D could use..
should I say we should trade down one more time? LOL
Earl Thomas is really starting to make sense. Not only is he the answer at free safety that we need desperately, his strong cover skills allow a lot of flexibility to move guys around back there. Versatility is a favourite asset of this FO it seems.
sorry but my opinion is you should start watching real football eh. the cfl wether its close to home or not is just amateur ball!
Hold on there, I am a Canadian fan of the NFL but have to say that the CFL is a very exciting product. Money, ten times the population pool to draw players from and marketing are what seperate the two games. Some fantastic players have entered the NFL via the CFL.
Completely different beast and have to say that if people took the time to watch and learn the game without all the distracting commercial BS clouding their judgement, they would love it. At one time the U.S. professional ball players went out on the field for more than money and that is what the Canadian game has to offer. Many CFL players have off season jobs still and play for the love of it. Holding out while sitting on a bank roll is not an option in the CFL and that feeling trickles down to the fans.
Sorry Ith, but that one hit a nerve.
Not that the DUI Manslaughter charges are not important but putting that aside he is not really very valuable.
His most productive year was his contract year in NO and he put together a sub 1000 yard season. the rest are pretty pedestrian.
Is he a smart player? Is he a team first player? Is he a good blocker? Is he versatile? Is he a motivator for his teamates through his work ethic or actions? Durable?
His numbers just do not add up to a whole lot more than a second or third WR and we have younger, more eager and potentially better guys on the team to fill that role.
highly doubt he is given the time of day by this organization and that has nothing to do with his errors in judgement off the field.
Taylor Mays would be a great pick if we could trade down ten spots IMHO. Not worthy of top five or six. McCoy at six or trade down for Safety/OT.
Do you think GM's put as much emphasis on the combine as the regular season when it comes to top ten picks. I don't believe the top prospects will move more than a couple of spots based on combine results unless there are some unforeseen injuries that pop up.
The GM's have done their diligence and already have a good idea of who has the right attitude and where their program fits into the big scheme of rankings.
How does everyone feel about Dq Jackson's return?
I like his skills but not sure he warrants top ten dollars, which I think he is demanding. The fact that he has not been seen since his injury speaks volumes.
I wish we had seen more of Veikune and Maiava to clear up the LB picture before going into negotiations with DQ
I am confident and hopeful that we can retain Roth and Vickers.
i am interested in the argument against Berry at #5? I don't think he will be available by that point and would be overjoyed if we could get our hands on him. The next best option IMHO is to trade down and try to find get a Tackle or Stud Gaurd for the right side of the line.
I know D is an area of need but unless the DB/Safety prospect is a complete stud, we should wait until second or third to source one out.
What Holmgren lacks in experience in his current role, he makes up for with success in the challenges he has faced in the past. Through every promotion he has shown an ability to adapt and excel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Holmgren
He will be learning on the job but he is a quick study and which one of us (in a job we enjoy) is not learning on the job constantly? He has not failed to date unless you count trying to perform two very difficult positions simultaneously at Seattle. Even he admits to mistakes of the past in that regard.
there is always a chance he may be in over his head this time but the odds are good that he is going to bring a level of success/competitiveness to this team that has been missing since 99. With no sure things in the NFL, this is about as close as one can get.
all I know is DA is probably going to light it up on Sunday with a "nothing to lose" attitude. Unfortunately it will not make a difference in the quarterback controversy for 2010. If anyone is going to stick around, it will be Quinn with a Veteran brought in as a safety net. Holmgren is not a stupid man and is going to play the odds properly. A Quarterback with 3 potential years left who can win games with his arm once in a while, has above average smarts and perhaps can teach Quinn a few things. If Quinn reacts positively, he may be given another chance next season. If not, then the draft in 2011 will be the target with Quinn moving on or resolving to be a backup in this league.
No sense drafting a QB next spring as there are way too many other holes to fill and a potential young starter still on the roster. I am sorry for DA but he has shown too much of what he has in his arsenal and it is not nearly good enough. I wish that were not true as he is exciting when he is on but...
Neither QB has had a supporting cast but at least it has been fair and equal.
I am interested to see if they run a no huddle this weekend. That would tell us a lot about who Mangini thinks can run this offense moving forward.
I agree WSS. Jim Brown is not about to start zippin his lip now at this stage in his game.
On another note:
I think we might all be surprised at how well the team that is in place meshes with the new boss. I don't think Randy suddenly turned face and is admitting he made a mistake in hiring EM (which I personally do not think was a mistake). EM may have had more influence in this decision than we will ever know.
i know it may be a stretch, but perhaps he is more concerned with the success of the team than his own personal agenda and suggested that someone to oversee the operations be hired. It would be extremely egotistical for someone with so little head coaching experience at such a young age to believe that he could run a team from top down with absolute power. I just do not see it. Not from his actions nor his words.
The team is playing pretty hard, EM has made adjustments to get responses, not always mistake free but adjustments all the same. This shows me that he wants to win more than he wants to inflict his personal agenda on people. Call me crazy but i think once the Kokinis decision was made the two men discussed where this team was going and this was decided upon with EM's influence.
I say Mangini is still here to start next season.
Bernie is under contract with the Browns, have him SUIT UP!
I was watching some of the games that have been recently added to YouTube and man, Bernie just looks like a kid on the playground out there. Whatever it takes to move the chains, not always pretty but pretty damn effective. Can he teach?
FWIW, I think the jury's still out on Quinn. A while back I read an intriguing comment about the size of his arms. The article in question insinuated that Quinn's been asked not to build up his arms so much because it adversely affects accuracy. I was waiting for someone knowledgeable about this sort of thing to comment but no one ever did. A co-worker of mine observed that most QBs have large upper body muscles (chest and back) but not big arms. I'm not sure any of us knows enough about QB skills to judge what about Quinn's performance can be corrected, or which parts have to do with the inexperience of his receivers. I'm not sure Quinn has ever thrown to a top flight receiver in the NFL.
I recall watching Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on a sports talk show and they both commented that Bill Walsh would never pick players who were too buff, especially qb's. Way too tight for the touch of the game. whether or not this theory holds water, but I do think Bill Walsh knew a bit about athletes. ironically Walsh only won two games his first season as coach of San Fran but that's another post. LOL
He certainly did enough to warrant more appearances. His presence will also take some coverage off of Mo Mass.
Encouraging day overall despite outcome.
Taking a defensive back with the first overall pick might be the cheapest option for taking a #1. Quarterback, Defensive Lineman, Tackles all command high dollars (I know, even a punter at #1 is going to be expensive) but maybe a DB will save a bit of dough as he gets to be the first of all time.
at this point it doesnt matter if they were against hockey teams.
a three and out in a good way. this game is full of surprises
We all do in hopes of something positive to build on. And every week our expectations get lowered and still our hearts get broken. LOL
Some observations based on that video footage:
He fights for the ball, doesn't lose concentration, finds soft spots well and caught a ton of balls thrown into double and triple coverage!
Holy smokes, did anyone else notice this? wouldn't it be easier to find a quarterback that makes logical decisions instead of finding a team of receivers that can make DA look good?
That was college where stupid mistakes get forgiven a lot more often. The receivers we have didn't start in the NFL by accident.
The common denominator is...
i am in similar predicament. any link will work.
Thanks
FITH