--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177208-...-coaching-staff
Just something interesting I thought you guys might like!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177208-...-coaching-staff
Just something interesting I thought you guys might like!
http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2...kie_mini_c.html
This video is pretty cool and shows the top picks in action...also I heard the end zones say FINISH now instead of Browns!
You are simply wrong concerning an ACL tear.Willis Mcgahee suffered one of the most horrific knee injuries in the history of the game. He tore his ACL, PCL and MCL.
He he went through numerous sugeries and extensive rehab and was claiming he'd be able to play for the Bills before the 2003 season was over with! He didn't. But the next season, in just 18 months, he was full go and played the entire season gaining over 1,100 yards and was 4th in the entire NFL with 13 TD's..
His wasn't a simple ACL tear and a simple arthroscopy using a endoscope. They had to basically rebuild his entire knee.
We can argue all day long about BE's abilities and his worth and never agree. But one thing I do know for sure. The guy has shown a propendency to be a cancer with his comments. That by itself is enough for me to want him out of town and it's also enough for GM's to shy away from him.
I am simply not wrong about the ACL thing, like I said ask any doctor. Just because you come back and the knee is close to 100% strenght wise does not mean you are 100%. There is so much that goes back into being 100%....even though you are back doesn't mean you have your speed,cutting ability, etc,etc,....also the mental aspect of coming off the injury is very very hard to get over. I stand by what I've said all along and I've also heard it from numerous doctor's. You can play after 9 months to a year and your knee can be close to 100% strong but it takes 2 years to get back to 100% healthy.
Were there several factors as to why he didn't have good seasons in 2005 and 2006 too?The guy has been in the league for four seasons and you want to make him something he's not because of one really good season....A season in which the lack of competition made him and guys like DA look much better than they are. They played the worst schedule in the NFL.
I think the "some" of us you are referring to are not looking at the situation with orange glass on. There are so many things to consider when you go to trade him.
His drops are going to be a big issue to a lot of teams.
His inability to use his head and instead say things like "The fans hate me because I drive a Benrtly and because I'm from Michigan"
But my favorite was this..."I had so many drops in the second half because I was open so much in the first half and didn't get the ball thrown to me that I lost concentration in the second half"..........Way to stay classy BE.
Going into the 2007 season the whispers were growing loud that he was bust. He then has his big season against the worst schedule in the NFL and then the following year he's right back to the BE we knew in '05 and '06.
If the Browns could get a #1 and #3 for this guy they'd be robbing someone.
Of course there were reasons why 05 and 06 weren't that good....First he held out of camp, factor in the fact he was a rookie wr (very few are successful right away), then he got injured then in 06 he was coming off the ACL injury...06 was a decent year and he had who throwing to him? 07 was a true breakout season then last year was just a complete flop by the entire team. Anyway we'll see how it goes from here but like I said I think he is alot closer to the 07 guy than the 08 guy.
He didn't get hurt until December and since when does it take two for years to come back form an ACL doctor? My son had his torn at the start of his junior year in high school and in less than a year he was 100%. He played his entire senior year without one problem from it.I think normal recovery time is 8 to 12 months.
And why did that stupid accident with Stallworth happen? Because he was being stupid running in his freaking stocking feet.
Idiot.
Ask any doctor and they will tell you what I said is completely accurate. You can come back in a year or less but you are not completely 100% for 2 years. I had ACL/MCL surgery and it took me 2 years to get back completely healthy....yes I played a year later but that didn't mean I was 100%. Everyone has their opinion on any given subject so obvously you have made up your mind but I also want to point out that most NFL personal men will say that it takes 3 years for most receivers to develop. Since Braylon got hurt his rookie year then came back 9 months later to play in 07 his breakout year was actually year 3....imagine that. He definately took a step back lat year there is no denying that but it is my opinion that last year was more of a fluke than 07. We will see I guess. Remember that even in 07 Braylon had alot of drops, thats just something we will have to live with because he loses focus at times.
Remind me now, he's had one good out of how many seasons?Weren't the rest spent injured or working through an injury?
I just don't see the guy staying productive here.
Maybe I should restate what I'd take and consider fair
Low 2nd low 3rd
high 1st high 3rd.
Yes the guy has a high ceiling
Yes he had a probowl year
Yes he is young and has a long future ahead of him (if he can stay healthy)
Problems include
Bad routes
Stone hands
Gives up
So right now, he's a dud to me and I'll take anything I can get for him before he scats and we get nothing in return.
Okay I'll point out that in his rookie year he got hurt with a torn ACL (an injury that takes 2 complete years to come back from). He came back 9 moths later to play in his 2nd year, a year in which he had 900 or so yards receiving. Then when completely healthy in 07 he had a breakout monster season. Last year was a fluke in my opinion, he started out like a man possessed in the early preseason and then the stupid accident where Stallworth spiked him kept him out for 3 weeks right up until the start of the season. He started out poorly, lost all confidence and things snowballed. He is not injury prone seeing as the thing with Stallworth was just plain silly. I see him getting back to the 07 receiver this year as long as he regains his confidence. We will see but he is 10 times bettter than Roy Williams so we shouldn't settle for less compensation....the Baromaters have been set and they say Braylon is worth a minimum of a 1 and 3.
right now a 2nd and a 3rd do it for me.
I'm soooooooo glad some of you people aren't our G.M. Clayton reported 1st and 3rd is the starting point which is more like it....Braylon is 1 year removed from a monster season and he was having a fantastic camp before he got injured last year. There were several factors as to why he had such a bad season but I fully expect him to bounce back big this season. I'm not for trading him but the minimum I would be happy with is a 1 and a 3.....anything less and I'll be pissed! The only reason I'm okay with trading him for a 1 and a 3 is that I think we are in full rebuilding mode again and if thats the case I want all the draftpicks we can compile!!!