If we go D, I want a shut-down cover corner. Not a safety.
If you are drafting in the top few picks, you draft on value, not need. Take the best available, and Suh and Berry are by far the best available.
If we go D, I want a shut-down cover corner. Not a safety.
If you are drafting in the top few picks, you draft on value, not need. Take the best available, and Suh and Berry are by far the best available.
It is imperative for our future success that we land either Suh or Berry in the draft.
As we know, we don't really have any gamechangers on our lineup right now. However, Suh and Berry are just that. We need help in the secondary and on the defensive line. I don't care which one we get, but we must get one of them. Both will be regular pro-bowlers.
It would be a huge mistake for the browns to select a QB if one of these players is still on the board. There is absolutely no way that the Browns should draft Clausen number 1 overall. Quinn is looking better, yes. But even more so, we cannot afford to miss out on Berry or Suh. That would set our team back for years to come.
Now, a look at how the top of the draft could play out. Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis are all 1-11 right now. Also, Detroit is 2-10. Out of these teams, Cleveland has the easiest remaining schedule. I trully believe that the Browns could win 2 of their last 4 and finish 3-13. I do not think the Browns will end up with the first pick in the draft. I think they will end up 3-13, in front of Tampa, St. Louis, and maybe the Lions. That would put us picking around 3rd. This is a great place to be. St. Louis will most likely draft a QB, while Tampa would probably take Suh. This means at 3rd we could draft Berry.
This would be the ideal finish for the season in my mind. Win a few games, boost the morale a little bit, but still be in position to draft Suh or Berry.