Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
gregG

greg

@greg
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
43
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • UFC 101?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin about to start NOW!!

    Followed by BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian. All the Undercards are done, only these two left.

    *************SPOILER ALERT***************

    Do NOT read below this line if you don't want to know any of the results.


  • UFC 101?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Sorry, the link has expired.


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Never said that Greg. Just a differing opinion from yours. And as far as lucrative pensions, I earned it in the Navy and Army both. Living on a ship is not much different from being in a prison, believe it or not. I was in law enforcement in the Navy, and dealt with people from arrest to conviction. I escorted prisoners to and from Courts Martial. Escorted prisoners across country to where they were being incarcerated, so I'm quite familiar with at least the Military/Federal Corrections system. You sound like an intelligent person, so hopefully you have your act together now and can live out a comfortable rest of your life.

    No worries. I saw your other avatar last week or so and assumed you were in the military in some way, hence the pension remark I made. I appreciate you serving and hope they take good care of you for your contributions to my freedom. I'm sure we could agree on some other topics like PTSD or maybe the 2nd Amendment, but this one just gets me going. It's a mess DHBF, and it's too taboo for anyone to talk about generally. Many feel they will lose credibility the moment they confess they've been convicted of something and for everyone else on the outside looking in it seems like it's working. I was just a kid who got caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time who has had the opportunity to look through their window personally. Even after spending a few years in the system and being back out among society sometimes I consider making compromises that could affect my freedom to improve my loved one's quality of life. The fact that temptation still exists shows the system isn't working as well as we'd like to think. We are human, I just ask that people allow us to be one. I can follow rules fine, but when there are rules in place that aren't morally conscious or that benefit some but treat others very unfairly it's hard sometimes to abide by them. If there is a god I have no problem with that judgement. It's the judgements of man that I often disagree with.

    Caging people is like a quarantine, the problem doesn't go away, it's just "away". The jails and prisons are full, the nation is broke, we need a new strategy. Right now we can still choose to ignore it, very soon we won't have that option anymore. As my good friend likes to say, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

    Integration has to be on the horizon because our laws make criminals out of "everyday Joes" every single day.

    Oh, one last thing, living on a ship might be a little like jail, but I seriously doubt it's anything like prison. Think about it.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Some candy for the Buffer groupies like myself:

    The Buffer 360°

    Bruce Buffer Tribute

    360 makes history

    Another look at his silly ass. Gotta love it.

    For 88Fingers


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Fedor Talks About Possibly Signing With The UFC

    Video: Bas Rutten interview. There is an advertisement you'll need to stop from playing in the background.

    Cool interview w/ Couture. He comments on UFC "Hundy" after the 5:00 min mark.


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So Greg, you are a convicted felon coming on here telling me and everyone else how to treat you. LMAO. Give me a xxxxing break.

    Just speaking within my realm of experience and trying to shed some light for those that haven't walked in the shoes. And not telling anyone how to treat me, just advising them to vote accordingly if serving as a juror and/or to write their Representatives if they'll admit to themselves what a mess things are.

    Being on the back end and so close to a lucrative retirement of plentiful SSI and military pension, plus having had your fill of adventures and excitement in life already you're probably a lost cause in this effort DHBF. And I warn you, don't ever do anything wrong you could be prosecuted for for the rest of your life, or I just might have to laugh in your face. And not because I've been, but because you think it could never happen to you. 😉


  • Jamie Dukes is an idiot
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Don't sweat it.

    His criteria sucked. It was based partially upon merchandise sales and you simply can't buy heart.

    What more can we do than show up when our team sucks? Dukes shows his bias, not even an honorable mention.

    Somebody tweet his gastro-intestinal bypassing ass a big xxxx you from me.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    88fingerslewy said:

    Greg,

    Your pronunciation of "riddum" is da perfec way to say dat I tink

    GSP is right where he should be. GSP going up in weight will only benefit Dana and his bank account. A couple of scenario's could play out. It's like a big guy fighting a smaller guy in a bar fight.

    -If big guy wins he looks like it's not a great accomplishment because the other guy is smaller.

    -If big guy loses he looks like an idiot.

    -If small guy loses he could get hurt really bad.

    Just like in the boxing world, severe beatings aren't easy to recover from.

    GSP's pre-fight breakfast ( I love the guy, but French and English will always feud)

    Two heggs face da sky

    Bacon side by each paralell

    Two pairs of toast....wit marmajam

    Coffee wit da milk in da middle and da sugar on top

    and a orange glass of juice

    Hurry up my car's outside parked twice.

    😆 :lol: 😆

    I used to give the guy crap a few years ago but he's really won me over. Hard not to like someone who is so respectful and dedicated to his craft. Glad he retained his belt and beat Thiago, they'll both be better for it. Another title defense for George and it will make Thiago hungrier.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @osusev said:

    I want Shane Carwin who is just as big and is 11-0, has the NCAA div 2 wrestling history so Brock wont exactly have size edge or wrestling... Carwin is a MONSTER who has bigger hands than Lesnar.

    Greg You are right on the Money with Jon Jones after his fight with Bonnar I was SERIOUSLY impressed, I am pretty sure in that fight he used a wing chun kick and used some Judo leverage throws along with some good Boxing skills along with a core freestyle wrestling technique.....

    That guy has some serious skill set and he is a beginner..... He starts with the BJJ he is going to be one tough opponent and EXCITING he has some serious spring in his movements.

    Jon "Bones" Jones vs "Irish" Jake O'Brien UFC 100 unbroadcasted prefight

    Let's see if I can embed this sucker...

    It takes him the first round to get loose but you can still see the dynamic attacks I mentioned, especially in the second round. It's rare a guy can make nearly every head kick land like that. Sev I agree there is definitely some wing chun in his repertoire and possibly some judo too. In the Bonner fight while clinching he was reaching for handles (underhooks and overhooks, wizzers etc) a lot so he has some background in there somewhere.

    The Carwin/Velasquez fight at UFC 104 will tell a lot about both of them and the winner gets the next shot at Brock, even though Couture feels the winner of his bout with Big Nog(eira) at UFC 102 is the rightful #1 contender slot. Although he admits Brock has improved since they last fought he feels like he could beat him if he had another shot. He also said he'd like to drop down to 205 and fight Machida if it's something people wanted to see. Hell yeah Randy, build your legacy all you can while you still can. I was pretty close to the ring in C-Bus when he beat Tim "Stilts" Sylvia and I've gotta tell you, I was speachless for 25 minutes. I knew he was a stud but damn. After that I said I'd never doubt him (and his greco skills) again.

    I'm with you about Carwin Sev, but if the 240lb Cain Velasquez should happen to win their fight he may be able to hang w/ Brock as well. He's still inexperienced as an MMA pro but he had a ton of amateur MMA fights and was an All American wrestler. They ran out of guys that would fight him but he wanted to be as good as he possibly could before he turned pro. Plus he's at AKA with Dave Camarillo (guerilla jujitsu) and Crazy Bob Cook, training with Koscheck, Fitch, Buentello, Bobby Southworth, Josh Thompson etc, many hybrid wrestlers that have made the transition to MMA successfully. Technically I don't see any holes and his striking is crisp, his punching speed is elite for a guy that size. No clue about his jitz but I guarantee under Camarillo it's sound and probably a strength of his.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @honest_abe said:

    Fedor would tool brock. I think the huge fans you refer to that don't know about Fedor are mainly UFC fans, and not fans of MMA. I mean i could be very wrong but thats just how i feel. I talk to a lot of people who don't even know about organizations like Elitexc, Strikeforce, and Affliction. Just my view. I a lot of people are just mainstream fans, and you have yours guys who just love and appreciate mixed martial arts

    I know a lot of pro-wrestling fanatics that qualify as uninformed too. Even today you can find them talking about how Kimbo will be the next UFC champ. LMAO

    I'd pick Herring, Sanchez, and Petruzelli again over Kimbo if any of them ever fought. Now Tank Abbot and Kimbo, that's a fight I'd pay to see.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    88fingerslewy said:

    We're both from the same town in Quebec. So it's kind of like saying to someone from Youngstown, "I can't stand Kelly Pavlik." So I'm a homer on that one.

    lol I saw that one coming. 🙂

    "He just can't handle his riddum!"

    Curious 88fingers, how do you feel about Thiago Alves saying the weight cut was too much for him and led to his lack-luster performance? Sour grapes?

    Fighting/wrestling after cutting a TON of weight is kinda like fighting/wrestling/(working) really ill, you're weak and miserable, really distracted. The mentally strong can power through it usually, maybe the "Pit Bull" isn't as focused as he appeared. It might be a legit excuse.

    While we're on the subject of St. Pierre, BJ bit off a bit more than he could chew in this last fight. Back in the his post UFC days (during his sabaticle) he was beating some soft heavy weights and it gave him a deluded sense of things. If you want to be able to hang with an elite athlete who walks around at 190-200lbs and cuts to 170 you need to get that big too, you can't just show up at 168lbs with steel balls and think you're gonna be physically dominant against an athletic freak like GSP.

    Anybody see BJ's UFC Countdown footage before that event? He was doing this true anaerobic workout by swimming deep down into this offshore pool and lifting these big boulders, which he then proceeded to carry as he walked on the bottom as far as he could. Then after he felt like he could go no further he'd drop it, swim up and get some more air, and then dive down and repeat until he got the big rock to shore. Problem is, the day they filmed might have been one of the few times he actually did it. He should've took a boat out there loaded with huge stones and dropped them all out there, and done at least one a day. Your body would function at a high level with so much less oxygen if you did that all the time, but doing it just a couple times just shows you're tough and probably powered through it without adapting your body to the stress too much at all really. He already sleeps in an air-tight zip-up tent over his bed that simulates high altitude, but is that most of his cardio workout, while he's sleeping? It's well documented that BJ takes short cuts and jogging a couple miles, hauling a couple rocks, and sleeping in a tent is apparently not near enough to challenge GSP in his prime and at peek physical condition.

    That said, I think George suffers the same fate if he tries to fight Anderson Silva.

    When you are in the perfect weight class for your body style it just seems like too much to overcome another fighter at their peek who is in the perfect weight class for their weight as well. Not even with skill it seems. Now if Anderson had a 70" reach vs GSP's controversial 76" then, well, for starters Anderson wouldn't even have the same fighting style he does so scratch that stupid notion off anyway. But you see my point. Look at Urijah and Mike Brown, Browns a little bigger and made no mistakes while Urijah although talented was wreckless. Twice. It's a different game today than just a few years ago.

    Going after the belt holder in the next division may not be possible in today's evolved fight world. With people cutting weight they are fitting themselves into the smallest division they possible can and in the division of their natural weight there is a bigger guy cutting and doing the same thing there (now even at heavyweight where guys like Lesnar cut just to make it at the limit). It worked well for Rich Franklin...until someone with a contrasting style (Anderson) did the same thing, and his reach and technique showed to be superior.

    Besides the vaseline and the thoracic cavity gameplan GSP imposed on BJ I think George's skill/technique, "riddum", and size were just too much...and the same thing would happen if he challenged for Anderson's belt as well. Also, did anyone notice how George employed BJ's jab/duck combo to bust up his face and nose early on? The same thing BJ did to him in the last fight, and did to Joe Stevenson in the first 2 seconds, along with many many others. BJ's online vault was a tutorial on how to beat him too, can't let them see everything you have and still hope to overcome everything else.

    I'm rambling here....sorry, I love my MMA.


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Under 40? LMAO, try 54.

    Hell yeah, 11 to go...you ain't sweatin this shit.

    No worries DHBF. Just close your eyes and it all disappears.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    I didn't even know Heath fought Fedor. How did that go? I already know the outcome, obviously but could you tell what Heath was trying to do, what his gameplan might have been? I'll search it later, it's gotta be out there somewhere.

    About that clip, yeah he knocked that dude straight tfo for playing kissy-face. lol Sent a message to every fighter in the world too. He's big on respect.

    By the 3rd Nogeira fight he was looking pretty good, but I think it's more from experience fighting him two other times than anything else. He's big but not a hulk and doesn't have that crazy athlete speed, know what I mean? So I agree he's probably peeked and now people with higher ceilings are passing him by.

    Anybody see that Jon Bones Jones fight? It still won't play where I watch them, I heard it was another really good one though. Now that guy has that elite athleticism and gymnastic-looking-springiness to make him look like the sky's the limit. In his UFC debut he annihilated Stephen Bonner like it was breakfast. It wasn't scary, just so fast it was actually hard to follow. I look forward to his potential future matches with GSP and Anderson Silva that will probably take place several years down the road.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    I didn't even know Heath fought Fedor. How did that go? I already know the outcome, obviously but could you tell what Heath was trying to do, what his gameplan might have been? I'll search it later, it's gotta be out there somewhere.

    By the 3rd Nogeira fight he was looking pretty good, but I think it's more from experience fighting him two other times than anything else. He's big but not a hulk and doesn't have that crazy athlete speed, know what I mean? So I agree he's probably peeked and now people with higher ceilings are passing him by.

    Anybody see that Jon Bones Jones fight? It still won't play where I watch them, I heard it was another really good one though. Now that guy has that elite athleticism and gymnastic-looking-springiness to make him look like the sky's the limit. In his UFC debut he annihilated Stephen Bonner like it was breakfast. It wasn't scary, just so fast it was actually hard to follow. I look forward to his potentially future matches with GSP and Anderson Silva that will probably take place several years down the road.


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay, so I'm guessing that you have done time and that is where you are coming from? Am I wrong? Enlighten me oh wise one.

    If I haven't I should've stfu a long time ago. 😆

    Bottom line it's expensive to you directly and for what? The one's in there it's not punishing isn't accomplishing anything, and the one's in there scared for their lives it's actually punishing are probably the one's worth saving!

    Shit happens, all the time. Let's stop hating and move forward. You'd see a significant improvement to the nation's bottom line the very first day and would have a pile of money at the end of the first year. There's no question. Money you could even loan them to start businesses or even provide some aid.

    Watering the lawn accomplishes more than the money we throw at the current "rehabilitation system".

    Let's get these people, the nonviolent ones especially, off the take and plug them back into society so they can help fund SSI and pay income tax etc like the rest of us so there might actually be something in there 30 years from now when I want to retire.

    Or, bankrupt the nation holding grudges. Hmmmmm. Let's see....

    There's no way you're under 40. Am I right? 🙂


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Yep. Lets just execute all the criminals, that will really fly. Prison is so mean, it cost's so much. Life is a bitch. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, bottom line. Prison is a punishment, not a rehabilitation. Screw rehab. I would rather have them suffer for 40 years then execute them. I could care less if a murdering child killer gets rehabed or not. You liberals are something else. PUSSIES.

    Well that excludes me cuz I'm definitely no liberal...whatever that means today anyway. I thought liberals were against capital punishment, does that make you a liberal then?

    If you put the word out you were going to execute more, I think you'd see a significant difference in human behavior, right off the top. It's a philosophy as much as a suggested practice.

    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time? Our system is far from perfect and framing people isn't just in the movies. All it takes is one less than honest testimony and you're gone. What a simplistic viewpoint, life is just so black and white right? No one ever gets caught up in the system, no patsies, no corporate fall guys taking it up the XXX for the man who they couldn't prove really did it. Besides, prison isn't even a punishment for some, and you're helping to foot the bill for their preferred lifestyle choice. Sounds like more liberal thinking. If they aren't fit for society, exterminate! Why even keep them around? Just so we can punish them? Really, it's worth the cost? Take them out and move forward, why hold senseless grudges?

    I can't even begin to relate to you, but I'm trying. You sound like you have some vengeance issues. Anything we can hug out, cuz right now a fitting nickname for you could be "The Punisher".

    If you say screw rehab why not just fry them? You wouldn't even fry a confessing cho-mo (child-molester)?

    Like the first sentence I wrote, truth is I bet you don't have any idea what the system is really like on the other side. Only someone who doesn't know could feel that way.


  • ANYBODY WATCH UFC 100?
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @thaak said:

    Seriously? Texas Crazy Horse was well known as a good striker in Pride. Now I didn't watch much Pride, because I thought the UFC and K1 fights were better (Hell I thought IFL was better). So I had to take the announcers words for it. Rogan doesn't usually blow smoke up people's asses, so I trust his assessment. As a matter of fact, Texas Crazy Horse only had striking in his game. Take him to the ground and he's done.

    You're not missing much Thaak, Heath Herring is on par with Eddie Sanchez if you are familiar with him. Sanchez made Cro-Cop's UFC initiation a fairly easy transition, but hey, he tried. Both of those guys excell in the heart department, real tough guys that won't give up. Like a Seth Petruzelli level fighter (the guy who KO'd Kimbo), well rounded in several disciplines but none of their tools are really all that sharp.

    Rogan had only seen Heath in a ring and against lesser opponents (in my opinion) in Pride but those fights were wars. With limited background info he had little to hype him up with, Rogan is a hype man after all. If Heath had no ground defense it would have been Big Nog's gameplan to keep it on the ground the entire time. In fact, Heath actually escaped from Minotauro on the ground several times.

    @ Sev: Barnett is intriguing. He has that shoulder that likes to pop out on him under big stress though and Lesnar's trainers would undoubtedly research that. What an ugly sight that would be for Lesnar to be wrenching on that sucker and pull it loose in the middle of the melee. Yuck!!

    For Barnett maybe just sticking leg kicks and moving/running for a round, xxxx up the knee of Brock's lead leg, take away his shot. But it's not even a double leg...his takedown is VIOLENT!! Would that be enough to slow him down? Could you keep him at bay long enough to jack his knee up sufficiently? Big ass mofo....


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    He could have gotten 15 years.

    My translation:

    "What! 24 days! He coulda gotten 15 years!"

    15 years X $45k = $675,000

    "That woulda been some damn fine justice, he really woulda learned something!"

    Hoorta,

    Not sure if you were just stating what could have happened to a regular Joe in Stallworth's shoes or if you wanted him to burn but either way it is a travesty. I just used your quote to help make my point, no disrespect intended.


  • Stallworth released early today for good behavior
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Your stats might be close and there are probably a couple percent of spouses that wait it out too but the point is clear, the current system is ineffective and extremely expensive.

    Once "set free" (generally w/ leash attached) the successfully reformed offender's option is usually some bullshit job no one but an ex-con would ever consider working, and one of them is never enough to properly sustain themselves anyway. Their other option is to try to lie about the conviction because the stigma society has associated with criminals/felons has made them virtually unhireable for anything worthwhile. Many that don't fear returning just resort back to criminal activities to supplement their lifestyle....at our expense if caught again, not theirs. But you never hear about this side of things.

    For some prison is a death sentence, and at its worst it's actually worse in my opinion. For others already plugged in and institutionalized they act like it's easy street, like it's not even a deterrent--especially for gang members. When everyone in the place is forced to rock the same uniform and the lifestyle playing field is leveled there's no worries about keeping your Jordans white or waxing up that whip--very few concerns about life outside in general, and a convenient escape from child support or other payments owed...among other things. A lack of capital punishment keeps the revolving doors spinning among some while it's a one-way ticket to a lifetime of hell for others.

    Although it's a total rant I just couldn't help sharing how I feel when I see people so gung ho to lock people up. If this is you I suggest you try it sometime, you might just change your opinion of it.


  • Fun little game
    gregG greg
    The Browns Board

    Page 56 is blank--end of a chapter. Here's 57:

    "Scientists now almost universally believe global warming is occurring as a result of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions."

    Your Green Home -Alex Wilson

    Sorry, but you asked for it.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate