Excellent stuff - really enjoying your 'Anatomy' series of posts.
Grippe
Posts
-
Anatomy of A Play -
This girl from Austin needs help...Browns Fans!!!Sorry! Will remember next time.
-
This girl from Austin needs help...Browns Fans!!!As a Round Rock resident who's living in Prague -
-
This'll Get You in the McMood for Sundayi thought it was/is 6' 0.75". just under 6' 1".
if it were 6 1/2, they woulda said he's 6'2".
Official combine measurements: 6' 1-1/8".
-
This'll Get You in the McMood for SundayWhoa! That took me to something that looked like the history of Earth in spread sheet form. I'm gonna take your word for it.
lol, look on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the highlight reels for all of the Texas football games (minus Rice, where Blaine Irby had one of the worst knee injuries I've ever seen) from '08. You can see Colt consistently puts the ball in the narrowest of lanes and only where the receiver can snatch it.
-
This'll Get You in the McMood for SundayBill Walsh said nothing they do at Texas prepares a player for the NFL... because it's first option, checkdown (Dave Thomas), and run (which is why they like athletic QBs). It asks almost nothing of the quarterback intellectually.
Also, as Mayock said, the Texas QBs aren't asked to throw into tight windows. They create more wide open receivers than I've ever seen anywhere... to their credit. You don't see a Colt McCoy asked to make throws like you see on this highlight reel. Turns out he can (REALLY can on a couple gorgeous tosses), but there just wasn't evidence of that.
I personally think that's why McCoy looked like one guy all summer... then showed some hope in the last very safe preseason outing... then looked like an entirely different QB when he played the Steelers, Saints, and Patriots. He "got it."
I'm sorry but I must, politely, disagree with your observations of Colt's ability. As a (yet another) Texas homer visiting your boards I have had been watching this kid for the past four years. While he has his hot and cold days (just like everyone else) Colt's ability to put the ball in the narrowest of windows and where only the receiver can catch it is unmatched. But, please, look back at his highlights from the '08 seaons, the year he light up the accuracy rankings, and see for yourself: