I still stand by my original comment. Although Austin looked much better this game and barnidge stepped up. Why didn't we even look at santonio Holmes? Is Vincent Brown worth a look? We have to do something with the receivers.
Gumboner76
Posts
-
WR ? -
WR ?Will we see Byrd or Moore play at all today?
-
WR ?Ok so it looks like this year we will have to do 3/4 of the season without Gordon, so what are we going to do. In my opinion it is by far the weakest position on the field. We had one receiver step up and the rest I just don't see it. We need to find a # or Maybe it's just early but I think we need to address it through free agency.
Last week Hawkins had a great game. 8 receptions 87 yards career high for him. Right now looks like he is our #1.
Austin Miles. Seems he is not nearly the receiver he once was. 2 catches 20 yards maybe it was the play calling but he just doesn't get downfield or create much seep ration when he was in. Not sure if he's a #2 anymore even though that is all we have.
Gabriel shows some promise but his size I don't think you could ever call him a #2 receiver either. Could be a real good slot guy and with some more playing time.
Benjamin. I may take some flak for this but he's not all that great. Yes he had a great TD catch last week. Best catch he's ever had but he in my opinion is not a #2 either. If you really watch him he never gets a chance to use his speed. Jam him at the line and he can't break away from it. It also throws his routes off. And his returns last week were killing me. Benjamin also gets injured way much.
Laron Byrd. Now I hope we get a chance to see this kid. I haven't heard anything about him since we signed him from Dallas practice squad. 6'3". 220 runs a 4.3. That's Gordon numbers. Only thing I really read about him was how he practices catching one handed when Greg little had to spend twice as much time on the jugs catching 2 handed. Preseason footage looked good (highlights) I heard he just got caught in a numbers game in Dallas.
Any extra news on Byrd I would be glad to hear and again it may just be really early and over reacting. Any other thoughts?
-
What about Jabaal?In a 3-4 he doesn't fit the line. We have great depth with both Bryant's @ RDE. Rubin Hughes and Wynn at LDE. and Taylor and kitchen holding the nose tackle. Plus you can plug Rubin and or Hughes at nose tackle. If you ask me that is one deep line. Or switch to the 4-3 you still have great depth.
I like sheard but his numbers dropped the second year he was in the 4-3. Then switching last year he had relatively the same numbers. Nothing flashy but steady. As much as I like him he gives us good depth but would love to get a speed rusher on the LOLB position.
-
Brian HoyerThe only stat that matters is who drives for points. And Hoyer is ahead.
Don't care about projections either. Who is best for winning now. Hoyer is.
He's more comfortable. In the pocket. Reads defenses better. Who leads the team better Hoyer. Who reads the field better, Hoyer.
Maybe Johnny should have studied film a little more than the bar menu. Who knows.
-
Brian HoyerNo not for the year. But all the press saying for Washington manziel would be the starter. Instead Hoyer will start against Washington.
-
Brian HoyerJust for the record. Fridays practice with the ones.
Manziel 2-6 no points
Hoyer. 6-6 2 td's.
I think you need to rematch the lions game. Yes manziel had a higher percentage. He only threw check downs. One pass was a 12 yd but every other pass was a check down. Hoyer had 3 drops over 20 yards. And still had more passing yards. Hoyer led two drives and had 6 points. (Won't bring up the drop by Gordon that should have been a Td). Manziel drove for 3 points. Manziel was also playing against guys who are probably not gonna see the field much if they even make the team. Hoyer was playing against the number ones. The only reason manziel is getting one reps is to keep the fans oohing like school girls to make money and keep Cleveland relevant.
Also Hoyer is named starter. If manziel is that awesome why isn't he starting?
I may not be able to bring up that many Cinderella stories but I can sure name all the first round draft picks that were a bust. 3 for Cleveland alone in the last 15 years.
Maybe I'm wrong and manziel is the savior. I don't care. All I want is some good f'n football for once in Cleveland.
-
Brian HoyerKurt Warner. Undrafted signed by Green Bay cut and ended up in St. Louis after a long stint in arena league and NFL Europe. Pro bowl Super Bowl champion.
Tony romo. Undrafted pro bowl. If Dallas would ever get a defense he may actually win a playoff game.
Point is sun shines on a dogs but once in a while and if Hoyer outplays manziel he deserves it.
-
Hoyer will start !Interesting to here quotes from players like Joe Thomas calling Hoyer like Brady. As reported by mike freeman of the bleacher report Andrew Hawkins says Manziel has not shown anything. See attached link.
As reported by la canforna, Hoyer is quicker. Breaking the huddle calling plays reading defenses. And the fact by most notable writers Hoyer has outplayed manziel thus far.
But yet I hear all the talk to start manziel. Being the browns fan that I am it seriously drives me ape s@&t to hear all this talk about Johnny football. By counts on practices manziel throws 2-3 interceptions more per day than Hoyer. How in the hell will that win us games?
Get over it people and listen to the real writers and don't follow the hype. Manziel isn't a professional he doesn't act like it or play like it.
Hoyer is our best chance to win!!!