Does anyone else think it's weird that the Browns are one of the teams he mentioned he'd like to play for? What connection does Moss have with our team?
harvey1
Posts
-
Moss Would Like To Play For Cleveland -
Anatomy of A PlayGreat post. Thanks for taking the time
-
Kyle Wilson Losing RepsThe demise of Wright hasn't hurt Haden's chance to get reps either.... But Haden has shown great instincts and is making plays on his own.
...What did Happen to Wright though? Is it physical? Mental? He was never much of a tackler, but he used to be a very effective cover corner. This year he doesn't even appear to be trying. He was lucky to have another TD that he was responsible for called back last week
-
Eric Mangini Is Deserving of More TimeIn my opinion it would be a huge mistake to get rid of Mangini and start new at the end of the year again. Anyone who has watched this team since their return to Cleveland can see the improvement we've made under Mangini. When we first hired him, players didn't like him because he actually held them accountable for their actions. They were used to Romeo who let everybody run around doing whatever they want. I'm not saying Mangini did everything perfectly from the start. He was a little overbearing for sure. But after he got rid of the me-first players (Winslow, Braylon, etc), even though that hurt is in the short run, things started to turn around. We started to see consistent effort on a week to week basis. Mangini has slowly started to build the team in his image, and we're finally starting to see the rewards. Listen to the difference in attitudes from the players. Look at what they're saying in interviews compared to how it used to be. They love playing together and they rally behind the coaches.
Mangini is a much better coach than he is a talent evaluator. That's why I love having Holmgren and Heckert in here building the roster. They seem to work together very well. The front office knows the kind of attitude Mangini likes in his players, so they find the players who have the talent to match the attitude. In a couple years I think Mangini will have the Browns as a competitor every year. The rivalry with the Steelers will finally be competitive again.
Living in Los Angeles now, I'm not surrounded by just Browns fans and Browns news. I still catch every game at the local Browns Bar and read as much as I can about the team. I keep up, trust me. I'm also surrounded here by fans from different teams around the country. And I'll tell you, I think we're in much better shape than a lot of these programs. Cincinatti has talent, but they have no identity. Look at Denver. McDaniels is tearing that team apart. The Browns are on the right track. We are building an identity. The philosophy is in place and it works. Give us a couple more drafts under Hecker/Holmgren to load the team up with the talent and speed we are missing, and we'll be a force to be reckoned with.
-
Kyle Wilson Losing Repshttp://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes...g-vs-green-bay/
On the other side of the coin, rookie corner Kyle Wilson will see his role “shrink” this weekend.
Wilson’s technique has been poor in the early part of this season. He’s had trouble fronting bigger receivers, been beat for a couple touchdowns, and flagged multiple times for unnecessary pass interference penalties.
“We’re in the win business,” Ryan told the New York Daily News. “I love all these guys but we’re going to play the ones that give us the best opportunity.”
In New York’s case, that’s been Drew Coleman. He took over Wilson’s job as the team’s nickel corner in Week 4 at Buffalo, as the team’s 26th overall pick this year has been largely resigned to the bench.
“I’ve gotta take it in stride,” Wilson said. “All I can do is try to get better.”
Ryan says Wilson has plenty of opportunity to win his spot back, but needs to show some improvement before that happens.
There’s only one way (to get back) and that’s to earn it,” Ryan said.
I remember during training camp and early season, there were a lot of people talking about how Wilson was the better CB and we should have passed on Haden for him. I think most of that came from the hype Rex Ryan was trying to create for his team. So far it looks like we made the right decision. Haden looks like he's going to be a great one. Wilson was thrown into the starting lineup early and is losing reps now while Haden's play is what's getting him on the field more and more
Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes.../#ixzz13tlOBux0
-
Play calling DA VS QUINNI could see Mangini not announcing his qb up until kickoff on week 1. Against a team that has us overmatched, it would make sense for him to make the Vikings prepare for both QBs. Meanwhile, Mangini should have a great strategy against the Vikings QB whom he coached last season
-
Fantasy Football FunIt was probably 7-8 years ago. I was in a playoff matchup against my good friend. Passing TDs and receiving TDs were both worth points. I was down 11 or 12 points.... The Colts were playing on TV. My last remaining player was Marvin Harrison and his was Peyton Manning. My friend called me toward the end of the game bragging about how he had won because there was no way Harrison could make up that point difference while Peyton was the one throwing to him.
All of the sudden, while we're on the phone...the Colts run an option in which Marcus Pollard threw a TD bomb to Harrison. The announcers mention that that had been the only pass of the entire season for the Colts that wasn't thrown by Manning. I win.
-
Browns REJECTED two trade offers for Brady Quinn, say source@shepwrite said:
BTW, anybody have ESPN premium? The have a rumor that it's "Quinn over Anderson for Browns QB."Again, assuming Daboll tailors the offense to the presumed starter, Quinn... it's self-fulfilling. Anderson can't really play that WCO style.
The ESPN article is basically a summary of what Grossi said. That someone who is not affiliated with an NFL team said that the Browns turned down two first round offers. The source said that Quinn will be the starter in week 1 even though the same source admitted that there will be an open competition. Nothing new really. Just re-wording what has already been said.
-
Browns in Vegas Baby! Doesn't get much better.I watched the Browns/Skins game surrounded by Steelers fans at the sportsbook at MGM after 3 straight nights averaging about 3 hours of sleep. Couldn't have gotten much worse...