I'd trade 2 2nd rd picks for Wilkerson
This is kind of what I am expecting.
I'd trade 2 2nd rd picks for Wilkerson
This is kind of what I am expecting.
From the perspective of someone who loves defense, I'd jump at the chance because at least with Mo, we have a player that would be on the field (unlike Gordon)
However I don't believe it necessary to throw additional high picks + conditional picks at a guy who is going to command one of the top interior Dline contracts in the league very soon. Its just not good value for the Browns seeing as how we have Shelton and will most likely add OLB and DE in this draft.
Thank you for the response. He is definitely demand a large contract, and I think it is part of the reason they took Williams. I am excited to watch it play out though.
We already have Taylor and Shelton, so there's not a big need to add yet another stud DL. The Browns have plenty of D-Line depth, so I doubt we'd trade multiple picks.
What the Browns really need is a stud WR that can manage to stay off the drug suspension list.
With all due respect, there is a difference with what Mohammed Wilkerson Does and what a Nose Tackle does.
I don't think we really need Wilkerson at this point.
Further, the Jets are supposedly asking for multiple firsts: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/5/1/8530461/report-new-york-jets-want-multiple-first-rounders-for-muhammad
He's going to get a mega-deal, plus we have a (possibly) stout defensive front already. Just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
Articles like this is why I came here to ask what he is worth. I am a Jets fan, and I don't even think he is worth 2 1's. The only qualifier would be where the 1's project, and at this point, we would have to be looking at a 2nd this year, and a 1 next. (Assuming there is any validity to the article.)
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
It must be that time of year again.
First, I love the draft for the Browns thus far. I would have really liked to, given the right opportunity, welcomed Danny Shelton to Jet nation. They also took the approach I was hoping the Jets would pursue in free agency, a versatile lineman.
Anyway, as you may be aware, the Jets took yet another Defensive Lineman at #6, and talks have surfaced that Mohammed Wilkerson may be traded, which leads me to posting this afternoon.
What would he be worth? Unlike my last thought I sought your opinion on, your head coach has to be salivating at the thought of acquiring him, and of course, Jet nation would want a trade partner to back up the truck for him, so if I could get alternative opinions from the garbage I have to endure on my home boards, I would be thankful.
Good move by the Jets talent-wise, but here goes another QB controversy in the Big Apple.
Michael Vick is the better QB, and knows MM system. He will be the presumed starter, especially if they do indeed trade for Desean Jackson. That said, Vick won't make it through an entire season, and will give Smith time to learn the system through Vick. Win-Win, IMO.
Ultimately, as a Jets fan, I hope Vick makes it through the season, and they pick up Bryce Petty in 2015.
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Hell 8 spots in the 1st-2nd is worth the third, maybe wed throw in a sixth or seventh rounder.
Part of the rules of the mock was to try and stay in the range of the draft value chart, and I did get the raw end. However, I got the same guy I would have taken at #26, and still moved up 17 spots in the 3rd. In the end, I won the trade.
I would feel pretty good at getting Watkins and Yankey with the Browns 2 1st rd. picks, then picking up QB later...be that Garropolo or someone else.
To be honest, I was going to wait and try and take Mettenberger in the third, but I was struggling with it. Knowing how Rex Ryan perceives the game, and Pettine being his "Defensive Coordinator", I would assume he is going to have the same philosophy. He is going to want to have a strong defense, and methodical ball control on offense (which constitutes ground and pound, and high percentage passing).
I like all the players you've chosen for the Browns with the exception of Dion Bailey. I suspect the Browns will retain T.J. Ward so I don't see the need for a safety with a pick this high.
I am assuming that TJ Ward is retained, and you will have Ward and Bailey. Bailey is a versatile player that fits perfectly into a Rex Ryan style of defense. Again, I have to assume the philosophy will be similar to Ryan's with Pettine, and you could see a lot of similarities in Buffalo last year.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
he dropped 8 picks for a third rounder. Rather realistic actually. I highly doubt we go anywhere but up considering the amount of picks we have. Id either like to move up from 26 or back into the first from our 2nd rounder. Ending up with three picks in the top 26 is a real possibility.
I did just swap 3rd, but is still a fairly realistic trade, IMO, if you go buy the value chart.
First, thanks for asking... nothing I like better than a good trade down.
I have many Fanspeak "drafts" that start Watkins/ Yankey, if Martin was not available at 26. Love Martin's versatility for OG or OT, but Yankey seems tailor made for the zone scheme Shanny, Jr. is no doubt going to install.
While I think Garoppolo is a bit of a reach in Rnd 2, he does seem to be the last of @014's QBs with any premium attached so no biggie. Again, he's in a number of my drafts.
While I prefer Borland if available, Smallwood is another name in many of my drafts. I think either toughens up our middle and therefore will help fulfill one of Pettine's stated goals.
Not feeling the Bailey pick for a couple reasons. First, our incumbent FS, Gipson had a good enough year that we don't need to draft a starter. Second, most of the projections on Bailey I've seen have him as a 4th rounder, but again, if you really like him, one round early is no sin. Third, there's a FS coming out of Vandy that looks to be a much better 5th Rnd value, Kenny Ladler.
All in all though looks like a good effort on your part... give 'em hell... and get us a RB...
In real life, which might not be heard welcomely, but Pettine could try and make a move for David Harris of the Jets. I anticipate the Jets trying to move him this offseason, and getting quicker at the position. The Browns have the money to spend, and is familiar with Pettine's defense. That said, the style of defense that Pettine will bring in will require coverage skills from their inside linebackers, and Smallwood appears to have an edge in that area.
I am a huge Ladler fan, and have mocked him to the Jets in fanspeak drafts. However, the versatility that Bailey offers will give him the leg up.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Ive been saying this^ agreed. If no QB, Greg Robinson, Mosley, Matthews, Clowney, Barr,, and Mack would all be better options for us imo. (No order)
That is a sore subject. My plan was to draft him, and unexpectedly he was taken first overall. I almost headbutted my puter.
We already have two 3rd round picks. We didn't add a third, we flipped spots in the third....Am I the only one understanding this?
First, thank you everyone for your feedback.
To clear this up, I did indeed swap 3rd round picks. I believe I moved up in the 3rd from 19 to 2 to move back 8 spots in the first. Prior to making this trade I attempted to trade with several other teams, but the guy I wanted, I was beaten to on a trade. I would also like to clarify that this wasn't just me making a move, it was part of a mock with a GM for each team, which had to be approved/agreed by that teams GM. I have a link in the opening post if you choose to see the players that were taken, and the ones that were available.
At #26, I didn't not feel there was enough value there to stay at the selection, that I couldn't get 8 spots later, and I felt that the 17 spots in the third would be pretty significant.
Good Day Browns fans!
I am not trolling on your board to stir up any trouble, and I hope that I don't come across that way. The board I am a member of recently had a 3 round GM mock draft (with trade capability), and I was hoping that I might get your opinions on the end result. I am a Jets fan, but I am also an NFL fan.
1-4) Sammy Watkins
2-2) David Yankey (I traded back with Washington for their 2nd and swapped their 3rd for the Browns later 3rd)
2-3) Jimmy Garoppolo
2-30) Yawin Smallwood (I traded back up giving up the Washington pick and swapping 3rd rounders)
3-13) Dion Bailey
Obviously, everyone is anticipating the Browns to select a QB, and even though I believe Blake Bortles is going to be a special player in the NFL, I went with a more dynamic player in Watkins to compliment Gordon and Cameron. I was working on some trades to move up from #26 in an attempt to acquire Derek Carr, but a different team beat me to the punch. I was then going to trade up for Zack Martin, and unfortunately he was taken (My thought was he could be an immediate impact on the interior line, and then move out if an injury occured). Then it was Calvin Pryor. I almost threw my computer at this point. I was going to take Yankey at #26, and gambled that he could fall to the Washington pick and it worked out. I would have taken the kid who's name i can't pronounce or type if Yankey was gone. On my home board, I explained my reasoning by "reaching" for Garoppolo at that spot, and that is I feel he would amplify the explosiveness of Watkins and Gordon with his quick release. The next guy, I think could be a really dynamic ILB in the NFL, and I believe the combine will show this kids athleticism, albeit a bit undersized. Especially with your defensive line opening holes, and the outside linebackers you have to not only get after the passer but set the edges. Dion Bailey, that is simply just a steal at this point. IMO
As a Jet fan, I certainly do not know the in and outs of the Cleveland Browns like you folks, and I hope that you could shed a bit of light on my/our mock. You could see the way it plays out here. I look forward to hearing what you think, and what you may have done differently.
Thank you for allowing me to join your site, and if you don't feel this is something that you want on your site, please feel free to delete this thread.
Thanks again,
Hawk