I agree jnuh. I realize this hasn't been the year of Eric Wright. Lord knows I've cussed the TV every time a play is made in front of him (or behind him), but he was a solid player in the past. I've got to think that he'll reach down in his jelly filled, candy lovin', kool-aid pumpin' heart and realize that he's got to get it together and play like the man he is. I like Eric Wright, but no one can fix Eric Wright but Eric Wright. GET ALL THAT DOUBT OUT OF YOUR HEAD ERIC AND PLAY LIKE THE MAN YOU ARE! Nothing quiets critics like a big ass game, and brother...YOU'RE DUE! Make the magic happen my friend. I for one have not forgotten how you played ball for this club and I know you still got it in you... but facts are facts and if you don't show them, I'm sure they'll show you the door. MAN UP! Show em what your made of!
HaysiDawg
Posts
-
Solution to Eric Wright's problem! -
ESPN Visit to Browns Training Camphttp://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5432440&a...egoryid=2459789
Colt and Jake seem like brothers. Thats a good sign.
I hope they don't turn out like Kobe and Shack! That brother tandum turned out nasty!
They did look pretty chummy though.
-
HAPPY BROWNS DAYHey I would like to say thanks a bunch to all the guys who are at camp and contributing... It means a lot to us who are far from the action. I also want to say thanks for the email. I've been on some online classes this summer and haven't had time to peruse the board like I'd like to.
Keep rollin' out the news guys!
DT
-
HAPPY BROWNS DAYI took a lot of pictures and shot some video. Here is the first of the video I'm uploading. The third duo to go at it is LB D'Qwell Jackson who runs over RB Peyton Hillis to the delight of the other Defensive Players who celebrate the hit.
Don't throw D'Qwell out with the bath water just yet ... and It don't appear that Vickers is in any jeopardy of losing his dominating blocking scheme playing time any time soon.
DANG! Hillis got his clock cleaned! I really thought he would be a better blocker than that! He let his footwork die in the hole...That's why he got creamed! Work on your footwork HILLIS!
-
The Albert Haynesworth situationThis is the kind of thing that makes giving money to deserving players hard. It only takes one greedy jackass to make things hard on everyone else. No wonder Revis got lowballed on his first offer.
-
Brown Pants Gone??You know...I like tradition just as much as the next guy, but I'm about to say something here that could boarder on heresy....
I think the Browns should just get a logo makeover.
I know...I know....BUT before you kill me on this board think about it. After the Bucs got their makeover...Superbowl....The F'n Broncos...Superbowl....The Seahawks and Cards....Made it to a Superbowl...
A change may do us good....Thoughts?
-
Joe Haden's nicknameWhat about....
Joe Kidd?
-
GOTEM!!!!!Earl....What's your thoughts about Hardesty?
-
GOTEM!!!!! -
GOTEM!!!!!I never said he was a first round pick. I'm surprised he lasted to this pick but that's a credit to Holmgren. Well done. I am a little nervous about rooting for my collegiate hero in the pros but I'm glad he's in Cleveland because he'll learn the WCO.
Well said my friend..
Didn't you hate seeing Shipley go to the CINCY!!!!???
-
GOTEM!!!!!EARL!!!!!! WE GOT HIM WHERE WE SHOULD HAVE!!!!!!
-
Montario HardestyHARDESTY is the REAL DEAL! He's played in the SEC and has been the highlight of the Tennessee Vols this year. HE CARRIED THEM to the Chick-Fil-A this year...(A game in which the shitty Crompton killed them in) I'm NOT a UT fan but I have to tell you with the highest praise that HE WILL HELP and maybe even CONTEND for the starter spot!!!!! THIS GUY IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER! YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!
-
2nd ROUND PICK???Reg-I-na Browns fan...If your from that area in KY give me a shout out for knowing!
-
2nd ROUND PICK???LET'S GET SHIPLEY WITH OUR NEXT PICK!!!!!!
-
2nd ROUND PICK???You know the way it's going...Colt may still be there. Just sayin'.....
-
2nd ROUND PICK???Guys... due to locallity I've seen quite a few Tennessee games this year and I got to tell you. NO ONE on that team on offense had more heart than Hardesty! We have done not a good thing here, but a GREAT thing! THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL....YOU WILL SEE.
Earl34 if your out there...Still waiting for PIKE in the 3rd. Sorry about Colt....Think he would have been good here.
-
Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoyMike Mayock disagrees (as do Pete Carroll and Mike McCarthy for that matter..):
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/31/mccoy-is-a...ound-draft-pic/
Earl34 I'd like to say that I'm glad we're having this debate. It can only make us both wiser.
That being said...The headline of the article is "McCoy is a solid second-round draft pick" If he were still available in the 2nd that may be something to look at but I still feel that we would be better served helping ourselves elsewhere. My concern is that we would try to make a move to get him in the first which I don't think would serve us practically considering the moves we've already made. And again everybody looks good at those workouts when a 240 lb linebacker isn't bering down on you.
Thanks for the info though. How do you like Shipley in the 3rd?
-
Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoyWhat a joke! Gotta agree with Earl here. There was no way Mccoy was coming back into that game. Gotta love the armchair quaterbacks that have no clue. Not a big texas fan and not really sold on drafting him either but to call mccoy soft not competitve is just utterly stupid and makes one look like they really have no clue. Guts and charactar is probably one of the best things that mr. mccoy has. This is the same kid who swam across a lake to rescue a drowning neighbor who was having a seizure. Then in the same post it goes on to talk about Pike who i hope to god we stay far far away from who had major problems staying healthy all through his career in college yet Mccoy is the soft one. Not to mention that Pike is a system qb at cincinnati who was basically out of the shotgun every down. No thanks.
I love the way you say that you "love the armchair quraterbacks" when that is exactly what you are too...Anyway..You compare McCoy's heroism at the lake (which I think was awesome as well) with his mentality on a football field. (Fallacy) He plays well when things are his way and when he plays college players. I believe he was scared in that BCS game and that's the type of talent he's going to face in the NFL. I'm not sold on getting him. He is an accurate passer when left untouched, but after Cleveland spent all that cash on Delhomme and Wallace I don't think we should persue a QB in the 1st or 2nd. THUS, the choice of Tony Pike as our 3rd QB in the 3rd round which he should be the best availible. He's a tall, strong kid who can see the field and may be groomed to be something better. You have to look at what's happened and look at what we need.
Heck he still may be damaged goods anyhow. Check out this article.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...-tweak-injuries
-
Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoyI wouldn't waste my time on you. You're nothing but an agenda-filled troll. The backup putting 21 on Bama has nothing to do with Colt McCoy.
The "agenda" here sir is discussing what I feel is in the best interest of the Browns. I have my opinion as I'm sure you have yours. The point about the backup that you failed to see is that you could plug in a QB at Texas with the talent that they have and put up 21 on the NCAA champs. I feel McCoy hasn't been tested. By your login name I assume you watch quite a bit of UT football and you have a right to disagree with me....Just don't fill me full of crap along the way. I say he lacks guts...I'm entitled to my opinion. This is America last time I checked.
-
Breaking News: Cleveland Browns Player Shaun Rogers ArrestedNow I don't own a gun, but it seems that you would tend to keep track of things like handguns if you own them especially when going to an airport.
Memo to Shaun Rogers
Things that are ok to forget that you put in your luggage:
Extra set of keys
Your ipod
peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Things that are NOT ok to forget that you put in your luggage:
Dead hookers
crack vials
HANDGUNS!
THAT...cracked me up!

Attachment Editor