2013 is now a throw away year...
I don't know about that. I am not a Browns fan but I had to say this. I don't think this trade is the end of the season. Someone mentioned that the Browns are now at the bottom with Jacksonville and Oakland but I don't agree. First, neither of those teams has Cleveland's defense. If the Browns start dismantling the defense and trading the likes of Haden then yes 2013 has been thrown away but until that happens Cleveland has a chance to still finish in the middle. Which ironically would kill their chance at a guy like Teddy but the Browns aren't dead and broken. McGahee is actually probably a short term improvement over TRich. And you still have Cameron and Gordon on offense. Sure they want to see what Hoyer can do but I will tell you as a Pats fan, he isn't that good. Weeden is easily the better QB. Now the Browns are in a tough situation here, if they want to go with Hoyer and improve their chances at losing then that will help them get worse but it will be at the expense of being able to get something for Weeden, which I am sure they could. If they do play Weeden and McGahee rushes for more than 3.5 yards per carry they may actually win more games. Trading Richardson is not the death knell that some may think. Just my opinion.