I'm sure they tried
I think so too, just feel bad for the guy, you could tell he loved the city and the team. Unfortunate we couldnt get anything for him
I'm sure they tried
I think so too, just feel bad for the guy, you could tell he loved the city and the team. Unfortunate we couldnt get anything for him
Also, you're telling me NO TEAM is looking for a tight end that has expierience, can block decently, has size, and can catch? Getting nothing back for him is disgraceful
What the actual fuck. You cut a decent producing veteran that couldve mentored Njoku, and who had a pro bowl worthy season 2 years ago. They have some explaining to do
I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.
Also was looking back at the extremely early "Draft Talk" post made about 8 months ago. You literally predicted our first two picks in that post. You said something like "Garrett and Peppers would be nice"
At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?
No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.
Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.
I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.
At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?
No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.
Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.
Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".
So I know everyone that hates the draft has been clamoring for an offensive playmaker. I personally think Njoku was an ok pick but they panicked at 12 when they saw trubisky wasnt gonna drop. To me peppers is a 3rd round player, but we will see in time. So now that the bears have snagged trubisky, I feel there are no qbs left worth picking.
As I look at it, we have a few decent "playmakers" left in the draft we could draft, which could include (if they drop to us):
Joe Mixon
Smith-Schuster
Zay Jones
D'onta Foreman
Chris Godwin
Dede Westbrook
Even Curtis Samuel?
I also think OL Dan Feeney could be an option, as I believe our FO showed interest in him.
But getting to the point, would you all be ok with drafting Mixon? He does have potential off the field problems, but obviously Sashi is willing to deal with those as he still is open to trying to bring back pothead Gordon. Ive heard Mixon has 1st round talent, so if we want a playmaker,there he is. Thoughts?
Welcome to the dumpster fire that is this team. In other words, Welcome to hell
Get shit on for Deshaun sounds much better
Honestly I just love seeing the bungles and squealers beat up on each other. Saying I am a Browns fan living in Cincinnati, it's always fun to see the top of the AFC North canabilize itself.
Saying I am one of the younger members to post on the forum, I never got to see the amazing team that was stolen from cleveland, I got to grow up watching 4-12, 5-11 seasons from the "new" browns.
I have a little respect for the Ravens just because they were previously the browns until old fart modell took them away from cleveland. I used to hate the bengals because their team was filled with convicts, now thier team is just filled with idiots. And the steelers are the steelers, no explanation needed to hate them with a passion. That playoff game was glorious, watching Rapelisberger go down and then the bengals imploding in the most hilarious of ways.
Bottom line, these two teams are filled with idiots. Burfict is the stupidest player in the league, and Adam Jones isn't much better. And was honestly hilarious seeing Munchack pulling Reggie Nelsons hair, he looked like a damn girl with hair down to his knees.
Instead of trying to tell us what our problems are, maybe go back to your bengals forum and talk about the tremendous losses you took in the offseason, losing sanu, jones, reggie nelson, and Leon hall
Jeremy Cash? He was projected by many as a 1st rounder, and is still here. Perry was projected 2nd to 3rd round and is still here, and we need a linebacker. Billings would be fine. Killebrew would also be fine
Spence, kid has huge 1st round talent and I so believe he solved his off field issues. If not him then Ragland or Jack
The Best Draft EVER
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (T.B.): Jared Goff, QB, California (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (T.B.): Leonard Floyd, OLB/DE, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 2: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 2: Tyler Matakevich, ILB/OLB, Temple (A)
Round 4 Pick 40 (COMP): Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 2: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Bralon Addison, WR, Oregon (A+)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (
Round 7 Pick 6 (MIA): Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns (A-)
Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Brandon Williams, FS, Texas A&M (C+)
Get Goff at 9 and Floyd at 8 in round 2 after a trade back with Tampa Bay for 8. Grabbed Prescott with a comp pick, and Noah Spence with 32. Filled the center hole with Ryan Kelly, and picked up Aguayo in Round 5. Also got the German kid in round 7. Finished 2nd overall in the draft
1. Tennessee Titans - 9208
2. Cleveland Browns - 9061
3. Denver Broncos - 8665
4. Oakland Raiders - 8483
5. Baltimore Ravens - 8478
6. Chicago Bears - 8413
7. New York Jets - 8385
8. Washington Redskins - 8318
9. Pittsburgh Steelers - 8226
10. Houston Texans - 8169
11. Los Angeles Rams - 8159
12. San Francisco 49ers - 8144
13. Green Bay Packers - 8131
14. Philadelphia Eagles - 8114
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 8061
16. Seattle Seahawks - 7932
May not matter. Smoke is starting about the Titans wanting to move up to the 8. Could end up being the Browns taking Paxton Lynch at 15I think Lynch will be taken at 7, the niners are reaching out of desperation
Well now that we're in the 8th spot, who do you want/think we will take, and how do you think the 1st 7 picks will pan out?
It's likely that the top guys available at 8 for us could be Hargreaves or Elliott, potentially Buckner?
Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack should be gone by then... So who's left?
VesnaKociper said:
I think it would be fucking stupid to take a Quarterback when the team has no quarterback. Who the fuck needs a Quarterback? Seriously, the Browns have not had a Quarterback and it has not stopped them from having great success at 3 - 13.
Who the fuck needs a QB? Seriously?
I'm not saying we don't need a quarterback, but we shouldn't take one this year. None of these guys have confirmed talent, and if we do take one of them, he won't have the team around him to succeed. We have two at least competent guys under center for now, we need to take the BPA so that when we do take a quarterback in the coming years, he doesn't get absolutely fucking mauled
I rarely post on the forum, but after reading a lot, why do you guys think we have to have a QB this year? Without enough talent around him, we won't be good for years to come, and by then the fans will have declared him another bust. Wentz, Goff, and Lynch are all huge what ifs, we need to take the BPA that fits a need for us, COUGH RAMSEY COUGH.
But seriously, if we are going to the a qb I the top 5 of a draft, I want him to have the kind of confirmed talent that someone like Luck did. Its not like this is the last high pick we will have to take a quarterback
Unless we are convinced this is the guy,we shouldn't take him, and I certainly don't feel that way with any of the top 3.
Besides the fact that we didn't take Ramsey, a great draft
The only mediocre vetran left is Desmond Bryant. Wth is he still on the team?
Seeing good progress and development of draft picks. Seeing all our guys give 100% no matter how much or skill or lack off they have, hue should be able to motivate them. Lastly, not being the crap shoot of the league, and not getting slaughtered every other game.