First post here, as you can guess from my name, I'm Longhorns fan now following the Browns.
I would like to make what I will call a guarantee, which of course you can consider just a bold prediction. It is simple. If Colt McCoy continues to start, the Browns will finish no worse than 8-8 this year, and will make the playoffs next year.
Why would you believe this guarantee? Because I've made it before, when the Titans were 0-5 in Vince Young's first season, right after he was named the starter. They finished 8-8, and made the playoffs the next year. Sadly the Titans board that existed at that time is now defunct, so I cannot prove my claim, you'll just have to take my word for it.
I don't intend to defend this guarantee (the Browns will do that for me) or argue about whether or not McCoy is the reason for the upcoming wins, nor will I consider it a failure if the Browns don't win this week. If they lose a 9th game (with McCoy continuing to start), I will come back and humbly admit my error. If they are at least 8-8 (again with McCoy starting), I will of course return to gloat.
I will now leave on a quest to find somewhere showing the Browns game in Austin.