do you know why he was in mcdaniels doghouse?
I'm new to the Browns because Peyton Hillis is now here. as for your question. I'm sure someone knows the right answer but basically it came down to 2 things. McDaniels first pick was Knowshon Moreno running back out of Georgia. So that was his mark. However, he did not go to one press conference without being asked about Hillis. He would always say the right things in coach speak, but never followed through. Hillis did fumble a kickoff return and never saw the light of day after that. Moreno had 4 fumbles and was given every oppurtunity to succeed as McD's guy.
Secondly, since Hillis hardly ever saw the field when he did he pressed a little too hard instead of playing his game. IMO. Like others I am from Arkansas and have been following Hillis for a long time. You have gotten a player with a great attitude, work ethic and a toughness that is contagious. Also, as can be seen from the other posts he is a pass catching fool and knows what to do with it after he catches it.