I'm an Aggie and a huge Johnny fan.
As long as Hoyer is healthy and playing well, Johnny needs to remain the backup. Reevaluate next season.
I'm an Aggie and a huge Johnny fan.
As long as Hoyer is healthy and playing well, Johnny needs to remain the backup. Reevaluate next season.
Agreed on Kyle Allen. From everything I've heard, their performance was very close in the preseason QB competition and Kenny got the nod based more on experience than talent.
Remind you of anything? 
I'm A&M class of '94.
For OP's question, this his been discussed at great length on TexAgs. My opinion, which seems pretty common there, is that Johnny is a special talent who was fortunate enough to play in a system that highlighted his skills, for coaches that were willing to adapt the system to the players.
So was Johnny's success at A&M due to him or was it the system? Is it the peanut butter or the chocolate? Both - they went well together.
As for Kenny Hill, he did a stellar job running Sumlin's system closer to its design than Johnny did. But I'd still take Johnny back without a second thought.