Hire a moving company and move this sh** show to another city. It's over, failure is now in the very fiber of the Browns. No offseason trades or draft picks will change that. I've been a fan since the 70's and their was always hope and you looked forward the next season and tell all your friends how bad the Browns will beat the Steelers. In the 80's we were talking Super Bowl but when the old Browns moved out failure moved in. Let the team move and in less than 5 years they will win the Super Bowl. At least Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Hunter33109
Posts
-
You're the GM... -
Official Browns at Ravens Game Thread: Nov 28Winners win and losers lose. I don't have the answer and I know that Haslam doesn't either. They predicted the Browns would be first in the AFC North and they will be last. That tells me the Browns leadership (owner, coaching staff and QB) cannot handle pressure and run to the comfort of losing. Like I said after week 1, there is always next year. That should be the motto for the Browns "There is Always Next Year". NFL needs to do all Browns fans a favor, approve the move of the Browns to St Louis, end our misery.
-
Baker MayfieldSo your busy polishing all of those Vince Lombardi trophies that Lamar Jackson helped you guys win?
Nope I dislike Baltimore with a passion but at least their management knows how to put together a winning team even one stolen from Cleveland. Baker is not the answer may be an Aaron Rodgers or other leading QB would be interested in leading the Browns then things would turn around. I'll still root for the Browns every week and watch them on my phone (most of their games are not available in my neck of the woods). I've been a fan since Brian Sipe and the Pruitts and my family had season tickets during the good and bad years.
-
Baker MayfieldAs a Ravens fan, then you have to know if Lamar didn't have the running ability of our Kareem Hunt, you'd be singing a far different tune. His unreal athletic talent makes up for a lot of other deficiencies. Like being able to break off 20 or 30 yard runs when the pocket collapses- which would be guaranteed sacks for almost every other NFL QB.
True, Baker may not have the ability to elevate the play of the others around him. However- Ravens losses to the Bengals, and now the Dolphins are telling me teams are starting to figure out ways to effectively scheme against Jackson.
It may be too soon for Lamar to be the savior of the Ravens but the management there in Baltimore knows what they are looking for and will find it, it may not be a splashy QB but they will find a QB that will fit their system that will raise to the occasion and bring the team with them. It may take a year or so but they will fix it. The Browns management on the other hand will take an afternoon and look through Sport Illustrated College QB edition and spend their time using darts to select their next QB and then wonder why they paid all this money for a Pro Bowl offense and defense then go through the process of reinventing the team. This is how the Browns create a "winning" culture.
To be honest I thought the Bengals were going to be better than they were this year. Every four years they seem to surprise the league with a good team (not great but good) that gets into the playoffs and I thought this was their year. I thought the Browns would be a solid team this year mainly because the Steelers were having QB issues and I expected the Ravens to be on par with the Browns. I was way off base and who can tell. But just like all Browns fans I can say "There is always next season".
-
Baker MayfieldA Baltimore Raven's fan I worked with would always say "Winners win, Losers lose". I'd always say duh! but now I get it. The QB is a special leader on the field that always needs to inspire others to step up their game even when they may not be at the top of their own game. These A+++QB's are extremely rare and I can only name a few, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger (in his prime) and even though he's young Lamar Jackson. I know this will irritate many Browns fans but you have to call an ugly baby ugly sometimes. Baker Mayfield is ugly he lacks that spark that inspires others to greatness or at least be part of greatness. I don't blame Baker I'm sure he works hard but he lacks the presence that great QB's have to propel a team to greatness. I blame the management, too long they've wanted to make a headline splash by selecting a QB that is flashy and grabs headlines. As we know many many of these selections do not pan out. I believe the Browns should consider trading for an A++ or A+++ QB that is established and solid who wants to work behind one of the best offensive lines in football and be the center piece of an offence with many Pro Bowl tools. May be select a good solid QB in the draft to be second to the selected A+++ QB so that even when this stellar QB is not behind center their presence will still be felt. The Browns have had a history of QBs that are in the trash bin of history but if you expecting Baker to lead the Browns to greatness you will be sorely disappointed.
-
Kitchens fate?We started off this season so full of hope that we have finally threw off the ghosts of our past but the first game made us crash so hard and fast. Oh did I want an opening day win. I watched that game on line and it made me hearken back to the "glory days" of 1 and 16 and our perfect season of 0 and 16. I knew from that game on this was going to be a long season of bitter disappointments. I don't know where the blame lies or even if it's justified. We have a rookie head coach with an immature QB that keeps a "deadpool" list on his locker room door. We have a perennial star receiving corp and running back that I dare say revivals "St" Jim Brown. We have the 3rd youngest team and our defense cornerstone should be a MMA fighter instead of an edge rusher. Should the owner fire the coach? Hell no, he hired him and the owner should ride this screwed up roller coast to the end and only let him go only if we go 0 and 16 under his sterling coaching. May be we just expected too much from a QB that is more interested in settling scores than scoring touchdowns. When we drafted Baker I thought it was a mistake but that late season run in 2018 made me reconsider and I looked forward to the 2019 season and not just to see if we could manage a number 1 draft pick...again. My selection for the Browns QB in 2018 was Josh Allen and he really floundered in 2018 but he kept his mouth shut "a trait Baker should learn from", learned and led the Bills to the playoffs this year. Wow! Next year we will not be as lucky as we were this year regarding an easy schedule. I say we should keep Baker and Kitchens to the bitter end, it's just too bad we will ruin the careers of many real football players like Chubb and Schobert. Misery loves company.
-
***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***Why are we analyzing the game like it matters. The entire team is disconnected with each other. So what the defense can't tackle and the offensive line can't protect. We all think they can just make a few adjustments and they can win. These are the Brown's we will find new and innovative ways to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. Even if the defense steps up and stops Buffalo's running and passing game, the offense will sputter and cough because the the light reflecting off their receiver's shoes will blind them. Thus allowing Buffalo to win 10 to 7. For Pittsburgh the offense shows up and scores 37 points but then the defense doesn't and plays two-hand touch football allowing for 48 points. The entire team shows up for Miami but with close to 680 yards of penalties Miami wins 27-14. There is no smoking gun and there is no one point of failure. This team is not a team but a collection of talent wearing the same outfits. I'm a Brown's fan, there's always next year.
-
***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***The Browns have given up. The defense, especially the back field, think this game is more like two hand touch. I've never seen so may safeties and corners pull up on a tackle only to realize the receiver did not go down but continue for another 10 to 15 yards. Why should the care? These guys are already looking forward to next year and hopefully free agency and get a pass to get the hell out of Cleveland. I wish I could point the finger at something, the coach, the qb, the defense or the offensive line but this is beyond that. There will be no more "wait till next year" or "all we need is a ...". It's time to realize that this team is cursed and there will no next year and the Browns are destine to be a sad side note in the NFL. Art Modell realized that and left Cleveland and produced a Super Bowl winner a few years later in Baltimore. Haslam needs to realize that and relocate the team to another state, a sort of a hard reset. Let the Browns die with two parts that tell their story, one part that entertained and won here and there and were champions and the second part that they were the laughing stock of the NFL. St Louis is looking for a NFL team for their brand new stadium. All Haslam has to do is wait till the contract he has with the city expires around 2023, then pack the buses and moving vans and head south-west. Let the Browns die and let all their fans off the hook so we can move on to other teams, like the Steelers or Bengles or Buffalo...or I dare say the Ravens!!
Browns will lose out the season. Yes even they will get beat by Miami. 0-2 against the Steelers, 0-2 against the Bengles, 1-1 against the Ravens, with loses to Buffalo, Miami and Phoenix . It's about time for the Browns to take their rightful place in the basement of the AFC North.
-
***Patriots VS Browns Gameday Thread***That was the hardest game to watch. Where I live I do not get to see the Browns play that often so I was intrigued in watching them. I couldn't say I was excited considering the poor play I seen in the past few weeks. The Browns performance reminded me of my son's high school football team this season, considering his starting team is comprised of mainly freshmen and sophomore. Their first 3 games resulted in over 600 yards in penalties levied against my son's team which pretty much handed the game over to the opponents. In fact, it took my son's team three tries to kick off on the first game because of being off sides. Those feelings of embarrassment came back when I watched the game on Sunday. I was absolutely astounded by the fumbles and poor plays and the general lack of hustle particularly with the defensive back field, I saw Williams pull up on tackling someone and just sort of jogged behind the Patriot receiver resulting in the receiver making an additional 10 year...what a shame. I realize he just came off injury but he was made to look like a fool. Also the Patriots had NO RESPECT for the Browns defense, what team, goes for it with on 4th and 7 and gets 12 yards. NO RESPECT. This team is spiraling into it's old ways where referees will drop a flag out of spite because they have no respect for the Browns. Like I've always say regarding the Browns "Winners Win and Losers Lose". This will be another long season with all our wins behind us. All I can say is wait till next year!!!!!
-
OK SERIOUSLYIf the Browns had a offensive line...
If the Browns minimize their penalties...
If the Browns were better in the red zone...
If the Browns were not picked off 11 times...
If the Browns receivers didn't drop so many passes...
If the Browns defense could figure out offenses...
If the Browns had an effective defensive backfield...
Two weeks of rest will not remedy these problems. And look who the Browns will face after their "rest", Patriots. That's an awesome team to welcome you back. I'm an incurable pessimist because I'm a Browns fan so I predict two more wins this season and talk like I've talked for season after season...wait till next year.
-
Baker Mayfield ThreadGood bye. I thought the Browns could not get worse but they did. Baker is just a shade different than Manziel and Baker's anger at being compared to Manziel makes Baker realize that these comparisons have merit. With two picks in the top FOUR and blowing them both I'm beginning to think that Dorsey may have gotten a kick back from the Broncos and Jets to throw the draft and create a losing team for the next 5 years. This has to be a ploy to move the team to another location with the NFL owners and upper team management working in concert. The Browns faithful are looking at another Perfect Parade in January 2019. The owner and head office has given up on the Browns by selecting a not-ready-for-prime-time QB that is short and will not likely tolerate the cold Cleveland winters and makes statements such as "I'm not going to try to prove that I'm not Johnny Manziel". Wow a double negative so he's going to try to prove that he is Johnny Manziel and we all know what an excellent role model Johnny is. Good bye Browns I'm leaving because your owners and management have already left you!!!!
-
2018 Mock DraftsHere's my take and in keeping with the Brown's inability to effectively draft: The Browns trade all their first draft picks for Drew Brees and Fred Jackson and then trade their second round picks for a sack full of magic beans that will rejuvenate both Brees and Jackson. This trade shocks the NFL establishment which launches an investigation that results in the commitment of Jimmy and Dee Haslam to the Rupert Murdoch Psychiatric Hospital and Truck Stop, LLC. Hue Jackson puts up feeble resistance resulting him being committed to the Detroit Lion's Home for Almost Winless Coaches and Truck Stop, LLC. The NFL unsuccessfully tries to sell the Browns but since there was no takers the league decides to take ownership and move all of Cleveland Ohio (everyone with the exception of those in and around Shaker Heights) to Panama City, Florida. There is much joy and adulation. In 2019 the Panama City Sunburn (formally the Cleveland Browns) will win the Super Bowl with Drew Brees throwing for 5,622 yards and Fred Jackson running for 2,451 yards (who know the magic beans actually worked) but this Sunburn (Browns) team is the first to get into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl without scoring a touchdown...
But seriously
Here are my votes for picks 1 and 4
Sam Darnold
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Just my two cents with a bit of humor added in.
-
Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to the Skins -
Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to the SkinsSeriously, what 'valued' veteran QB in their right mind would WANT to come to the Browns? We're 1-31....and we KEPT the coach that got us there.
We really have only the draft option.......and/or a Josh McCown type.
I agree. It appears we are looking at drafting a QB and having to wait at least two seasons for the fruits of the draft. Cleveland just isn't lucky at the QB position and cannot land that quality sleeper QB, like Prescott in Dallas, that will be successful. It appears the Browns will be forced to stick with it's "veteran" QB Kizer for as long as Hue is in Cleveland then Kizer will be the starting QB. May be the Browns can spend some of the salary cap $$$$ on some quality play makers in the receiving corp. In either case I don't expect a turn around season this year but I'd be happy with 2 to 4 wins.
-
Mel Kiper saysI like Kiper...but the fact is....his projections are likely no better than yours are Steve.
I don't put much stock in this prediction, this is just an attempt by Kiper to be the message broads going.
-
Some other rookie qb's stats with Kizer'sI disagree with comparing Kizer with QB’s from the past; it’s highly unlikely to forecast future results. There are too many variables that prohibit that, like holding the ball too long and not looking off safeties, both of which Kizer showed no improvement on as the season progressed. During the season many sport writers were call for Kizer’s head until the last game but once the season was over they came out and changed their tune by saying you “have to look at things in perspective”. Perspective bought the Browns a 0-16 season and the everlasting hope that next year will be better. I have to tell you next year never comes. The definition of insanitary is doing things the same way and expecting a different RESULT.
-
RosenAn OT @4? With a much greater need of a DB and certainly BPA there we have to take Fitzpatrick.
I agree the Browns need to take Fitzpatrick 4th. Maybe with Fitzpatrick in Williams' arsenal the Browns will play close and give up the short slant routes and should I dare say, have Peppers play a bit closer to the line of scrimmage?
-
If Rosen stays for one more year, which QB are you taking?Maybe we can pull a Sashi Brown and trade our first two picks for some magic beans and a broken QB like Luck. At least we will get even more draft picks for 2019 and 2020 then we can accumulate more draft picks by trading our first draft pick in 2020 for a first round in 2021, then we can trade our........ It will never end and all Browns fans will always think of next year that will be our year. By 2025 maybe we can look forward to the St. Louis Browns!!!
-
If Rosen stays for one more year, which QB are you taking?We'll show him. We'll go 0-16 next year and then get the top draft pick again. He again may duck the draft 1n 2019 but eventually he'll run out of years in school then he'll be ours...I love this evil plan.
-
Josh Allen - Potato Bowl gameI like Josh Allen. I know many others that don't care for him. Josh will be a starting NFL QB and will thrive. I pray he doesn't go to the Browns. The Browns will draft Baker Mayfield (Manziel 2.0) first in the draft which will set the Browns back another two frustrating year.