Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
H

hurley09

@hurley09
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
18
Topics
0
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0
Badges

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • British Parliament Members don't approve of the Washington Redskins Name
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    @canton-dawg said:

    Where have you been?

    I'm not from the DC area, but there's been protests since the '80's about their name.

    Here in Cleveland, there are protests on opening day for the Indians game since the '70's.

    This is nothing new.

    I am from the DC area and still live 10 minutes outside the city. This is not a big deal down here. The only outrage I've seen has been in the media. Not saying people shouldn't be offended, I don't care about the name one way or another, I'm just saying I haven't seen any of these protests or heard anyone argue against the name here.


  • If Ya'll Would Have Hired Adam Gase
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    Your description of the TE coach is hilarious.


  • Why / How did you become a Browns fan ?
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    Grew up Cowboys fans in Virginia. My brothers favorite player was Emmitt Smith. After Smith's last game with Dallas my brother met Jerry Jones in the parking lot of the stadium and asked if they were keeping Emmitt. "Absolutely we are, he's done everything for us." I think it was two weeks later he was gone. We don't take kindly to liars and decided to root for a new team. This was around when the Browns were coming back after moving to Baltimore and rather then jumping on a bandwagon of a team that was already good we decided to start fresh with the new Browns.


  • Mike Pettine with not so great clock management.
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I'll admit I've been a Pettine supporter. I enjoyed his apparent no-nonsense attitude and have no problem w/him sitting JM for partying and lying about it. But goddamn it's getting harder and harder to defend this guy cause of his clock management. The fact that we even tried to score at the end of the first half shocked me. I feel like there were multiple games last year where we'd have the ball with over a minute to go and not try shit. I apologize if it was posted here and I missed it but was there any explanation as to why we wasted so much time on that final drive? Davis sliding in-bounds, while dumb as hell, didn't bother me nearly as much as the 30 or so seconds wasted right before that. I'd understand if we were closer to the endzone but it made no sense to me given where we were on the field.


  • Possible upgrades for Browns off the Waiver Wire
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Logan Thomas got cut by Arizona. Second year player that might be worth checking out to see if he would be worth trying to develop. The size and arm strength is there.

    Born and raised Hokie here (i know, sorry) In my opinion LT is not worth checking out at qb. He was pretty good one year at Tech then sucked it up the next two and showed no signs of development.


  • Fresh draft perspective...
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    They play again next year you know. Are you wagering on Va. Tech to win? It is going to be played in Va.

    I'm a Hokie, born and raised in Virginia and root for the Browns in the NFL. That being said, I think you guys will absolutely demolish us this year. Our offense has sucked balls for years now, how we managed to pull that one off last year is beyond me. I was watching with my fiancee and after the game I told her "barring a National title this is the biggest win I will ever see." It gave me hope we were going to have a good year, then we went straight back to being the same ol' offensively inept Hokies while y'all went on to win the title destroy everybody else and win it all. I do not see us pulling it out at home. Our home field advantage has kinda got to sh-t the last 3 years due to our pitiful play.


  • Fresh draft perspective...
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    @miktoxic said:

    seems like OSU players work out fine..........outside of ohio.

    time to curb that trend. just like urban curb-stomped everyone in the big ten and the whole flippin nation.

    Except Tech.


  • Anyone have cool Browns memorabilia?
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I have a sweet Browns towel I got for signing up for a credit card that I went on to max out after blowing money on various bar tabs over the years to help ease the pain of being a Browns fan. Best damn towel I own.


  • T-Rich plans to jump in the Dawg Pound if he scores a TD
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board better end up covered in beer

    I found this article hilarious, Richardson talks about Cleveland giving up on him and how he's going to bring it:
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_trent_richard_32.html

    I think my favorite excerpt is this bit:

    Richardson cited a nagging hamstring injury and an illness -- he said "it gets really cold up this way, just like it does in Cleveland" -- as reasons for his underwhelming performance. He also claimed to have a lack of running holes, though Herron has racked up 153 yards on 20 carries over the last two weeks.

    "People talk down about me," Richardson said, "but I just laugh at them and say, 'God bless you.'"

    Richardson has totaled 54 yards on 27 carries over his last three games. He rushed six times for zero yards against New England on Nov. 16. He totaled eight carries and 12 yards last Sunday against Washington.


  • Browns taking over Nashville
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    The Stage was slammed with Browns last night and the band catered to it beautifully.


  • The NFL Celebration Policy vs Religious Expression
    H hurley09
    Political Discussion

    I believe the player himself said he thought he got it cause of the slide. I didn't see it but if the ref was pulling the flag while the dude was sliding on his knees he may not have had time to realize it was turning into a prayer. Either way the league said it shouldn't have been flagged.


  • Survey Today 8/19
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    1) A: D looked good. Running game is much better. Bonus 3rd: Connor Shaw is a goddamn legend

    B: Neither Hoyer nor Manziel have done anything good. Kicker could be better

    2) Only been to casinos on resorts in Domincan Republic and Puerto Rico, never been to a real one. Maybe once they build that MGM in National Harbor (about 10 miles from me here in Virginia) I'll swing through.

    3) Do bus ads count?

    4) Nope

    5) My girlfriend did it and then nominated me for it. I had no idea what it was for but I did it just avoid her "Why won't you do this? What do you not love me or something?" She's a gem.


  • Survey Wednesday
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    1. Redskins so I could blow up god-awful FedEx Field and move them back to DC. If they were located in DC I, and the other 4 browns and around these parts, would go to the Monday night game but FedEx is such a piece of shit and pain in the ass that we will just be watching at a bar.

    2. Shocked at first then no real feelings, I was never a big fan. While I appreciate that he was talented his work just didn't impact me the way out did some people. Celebrity deaths also don't really hit me that hard, just another news story.

    3. Hootie. I know, most hardcore Rock band of all time.

    4. No idea, kid's an idiot for running out in traffic like that and who knows if Stewart saw him in time to react

    5. I imagine they will cause me to drink heavily again this year, I just hope for once it's in celebration.


  • Drinking game captain
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I think I've only posted on here about 3 times, all since the draft, but I read this board a lot last season and I must say I miss Weeden. Not because I thought he was any good, he blew ballsacks, but because some of the posts on here about him were f-cking hilarious.

    I'm a liar, apparently I've posted on here 5 times. I contribute a lot.


  • So, what games do we plan to attend?
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I live in Virginia and usually try to get to one game a year, being that Nashville is a great effing time I will be going to that game.


  • Browns fans outside of Ohio
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I tell people I'm a Browns fan and they're usually shocked, we don't have many here in Virginia (there's only 3 of us that I know of). I'm not far from DC and apparently the Browns Backer's bar there gets packed but I've never been. The rare times the Browns do something right it's pretty cool, most people at the bar join in cheering them on just based on our excitement. After that Patriots game last year most people in the bar were pretty pissed even thought they weren't fans, if I recall correctly one dude started screaming "That's mother fuckin bullshit! Fuck the NFL! That's fuckin bullshit!"


  • Any Browns players you want to trade
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    Johnny Manziel.


  • Logan Thomas
    H hurley09
    The Browns Board

    I am a huge Hokie fan and this guy was pretty darn good his first year starting but he had a future 1st round running back in the backfield with him and the #1 and #2 leading receivers in school history. After that year he went on to be pretty painful to watch. He has all the skills to be a freak QB but was remarkably inconsistent. There were times list season where watching him Saturday and then Weeden on Sunday led to pretty terrible hangovers Monday. As a late round project he'd be a fine pick but I don't see him lasting til the late rounds. Some team is going to draft him higher than he should be drafted based soley on his athleticism.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate