You don’t sound too familiar with the mentality of most English women there
My girlfriend would rip my spleen out , if I went to see the browns without her lol
You don’t sound too familiar with the mentality of most English women there
My girlfriend would rip my spleen out , if I went to see the browns without her lol
This thread makes me want to return for a third time! I love Cleveland.
It’ll happen i’m sure just not this year.
I ended up pretty drunk one night and asked a cab driver to take me to a place I could get a late night burger. It was Rally’s which I’ve since learned nobody there likes but I know that at the time it was damn tasty
Lol all tastes better after a few beers
I'm looking forward to first visit
I'm sure like you I would go again soon as possible
Well, you will have a car, so you can get to any of these. Bon chance!
Yeah that's excellent thank you for taking the time to put this list together
We will definitely try a couple of them I'm sure
How long are you going to be in Cleveland, and where are you staying?
Here are a few suggestions about local Cleveland eateries, etc. that you could try to patronize when you are here:
A. Go to the Westside Market. Numerous food booths with all kinds of variety and mostly all good stuff.
B. Hot Sauce Williams (I believe it may be on Carnegie)....if you want some true American Soul food or Barbecue
C. The Academy Tavern, on the East Side, East Woodland I believe, fairly near Shaker Square
D. Johnny's Bar on Fulton (there is also a Johnny's downtown...Warehouse district)
E. The Harbor Inn The most Iconic Cleveland "pub". In The Flats, west side. You get everyone from dock workers to lawyers in there and everything in between.
F. Heck's Cafe, Ohio City.
H. If by any chance you are staying down near Medina, The Timber Lodge is the best restaurant near there.
And if you are going to be in the Akron area, check in with me there.
G. The Hofbrau Haus, on Chester, for German
H. Corky and Lenny's East Side, on Chagrin Blvd. Jewish deli.
I. Any one of several Italian restaurants in Little Italy, Mayfield Rd. East side.
J. The Flat Iron Cafe, in the Flats. Frequented by Browns Board tailgators at times.
Hello
Wow that's some list lol
We staying in old Brooklyn area
For three nights Saturday Sunday and Monday and driving back to Toronto for flight home to UK Tuesday
I always suggest local food or mini local chains to out of town/country visitors for food. I will not go to national chain restaurants when away from home, preferring local places such as Tim's Tavern and/or Eadie's in Canton for fish, Swenson's (drive-in or carryout) for a great burger (or 2 or 3), Hartville Kitchen for homestyle Amish food, Papa Bear's/Pizza Ovenin Canton, The Rail (high end burgers, 24 OHIO craft beers on tap). Of course, Great Lakes and/or Thirsty Dog.
Mike
Thanks Mike
I shall definitely check out some other these places
Where are you flying from/to ian?...(fellow brit in birmingham).
Expensive to get there?
Hello
Flying from Heathrow to Toronto British airways
Then hire car to Cleveland
Was not that bad
Three Hundred ISH for return flight 150 for hire car 6 days
About 80 dollars two tickets
Plus hotel and BnB
Don't think I'll eat at the red barn then lol
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Wahlburger's downtown yet?
Owned by Marky Mark Wahlburg and his brothers.
Booked in for the tailgate gnats next Sunday
And going to walburgers in the casino after game . Have heard it's good
Wendy's have a few in the UK
But best I've tasted is the in and out burger place
Stunning
That's funny I love the breast stroke one pmsl
Definitely going to visit NFL hall of fame
I just worried not going to make all theses great eating places and bars lol
Wow that gnats tailgate
Looks great
Thanks for all the ideas
That will do for me
I love American food
Or if he wants to stay downtown, get some bbq at Mabel's on E.4th Street and peruse the local bars...
Thanks Mr Oven
Mabel's sounds good
Hello ghoulie
Yes lol I would still remain a browns fan if London given a team
Just wondering who they would give us maybe the jaguars lol
But no I live in Wales
And love the browns
Thank you all very much for your replies
Can't wait to see the browns and meet some browns fans in the bars
Go browns
Greetings from the UK - browns fans
I am visiting for the Kansas city chiefs game
This will be my first trip to Cleveland
What's the best place to have a few beers and tailgate and talk to fellow browns fans