@Zombo-Dawg said:
@Ibleedbrown I am Zombo!
Z
I don’t believe you
@Zombo-Dawg said:
@Ibleedbrown I am Zombo!
Z
I don’t believe you
The amount of emoticons l can use for reactions is overwhelming. If l use an inappropriate emoticon, please know that l’m just trying to use them all at least once.
@bbedward said:
Open to bringing it back, but this board kinda died over the last few years and that board especially felt completely unmoderated and unregulated.
Not that we should censor opinions or suppress opposing views (I don't believe in that, of course) - but we also cant be linking facebook as a source of information or having name and shame for people's personal social media accounts.
Generally political boards are tough...and for the re-launch I felt it best not to try to solve the age old problem that nobody else has been able to solve. (I mean if you look at 4chan, twitter, facebook, bluesky) - every political board turns into an echo chamber.
I wish the world wasn't like that and people could be reasonable and discuss things rationally, but alas that is especially not the case with politics for whateverreasons.
I don’t think you can moderate it any better than it has been moderated given the current state of political news coverage these days. Steve and Woody kept the bots and the spam and the porn out, but the end result is what it is.
it’s real people with tinfoil hats.
I could moderate it. Woody has shown he can too. Axe is a good candidate if he’s willing to do it. But l don’t think any of us will do anything more that keep the bots and the spam and the porn out, so you’ll be stuck with the same bullshit.
Early observations of the format.
It’s not as user friendly on my mobile phone. That’s likely a “me” problem with my diminishing eyesight, but it’s tougher to scroll at the pace l’m used to.
Following the flow of the convo is tougher too. Again, likely a me problem. Who is quoting who is tougher to pick up.
Can l post a photo?
@Horse-Balls
You’re not Zombo
Let's be honest, the only reason Steve took over this board was to keep that abortion running.
This is primarily a Cleveland Browns message board.
i don’t think that’s fair. The poliboard predates Stan’s passing and Steve’s taking over, and its purpose all along was to keep the politics off the main board.
By and large it accomplished that. I don’t know if anyone could have predicted how gross and weird it would turn in to, but clearly there’s an outlet for it. It was statistically the second most popular forum here. I bear my part of the shame in that.
But it was also a place we could discuss politics on the internet with entities we were reasonably certain were actual people, and l think that’s a diminishing thing on the internet these days.
My old password worked just fine. RIP poli board. It was interesting but it was also a hot mess. I’ll kick the shit out of the tires here and let you know what’s funky in the days to come.
Hot damn, you really did it @bbedward. You big nerd you. You saved the day and l’m grateful. Thank you so much!
Heck yes get Zombo back in the fold.
I did some poking around on what the deal is with Jerry Jeudy this year. He’s basically been non-existent on offense this year. So far 2 catches on 5 targets for 26 yards. Those are literally worse numbers than our backup TE. Blake Whiteheart has 2 catches on 3 targets for 31 yards, and a TD.
There have been games in the past where Jeudy looked good for us. Where’s that guy?
I did some sleuthing to see if it was a rapport thing with the handful of QBs he’s been working with during his Browns tenure. Cutting and pasting:
Jerry Jeudy has accumulated 23 receptions for 292 yards and 1 touchdown in 9 career games playing with Deshaun Watson. [1]
23 receptions on 47 targets (48.9%)
292 yards (12.7 yards per reception)
Jerry Jeudy has recorded 22 receptions for 267 yards and 1 touchdown in his career when playing with quarterback Shedeur Sanders
Games Played 8
Targets 30
Jerry Jeudy has recorded 31 catches for 311 yards and 1 touchdown in 10 career games playing alongside quarterback Dillon Gabriel
Targets 68
Jerry Jeudy has recorded 61 receptions for 955 yards and 3 touchdowns across 12 career games played with Jameis Winston. [1]
Targets 94
Jameis Winston is really the only one who threw to Jeudy a ton. He threw his way about 8 times a game and had a decent hit rate of catching 2/3 of those passes.
Sanders didn’t throw to him half as much as Winston but had a better hit rate when he did.
Gabriel threw to Jeudy just over 6 times a game but converted less than half.
Watson statistically threw his way about 5 times a game but only completed about half of them. It appears that may be going lower based on the first few games.
I hear there are trade rumors. We’ll see what happens.
Still giving away taxpayer money and calling it 'free'.
And as always, must have valid ID, it's onlt racist to have ID if you're voting and a Trump scheme.
This is a slick move. I continue to see why right wingers are wringing their hands over Mamdani.
I’ll venture a guess that you didn’t research beyond right leaning sources, but these tickets are being donated by the Met, so they’re not taxpayer funded. They’re otherwise empty seats, and in return the Met gets a big promotional boost and a wider audience for their own fundraising efforts.
I’m in the events promotion line of work myself, and these are things people like us do to find your next paying customers. It’s like crack. The first time is free.
From an historical standpoint, Mamdani’s “Opera for All” is not that different than mayor Fiorello La Guardia’s “People’s Opera” in the 1940s where he made the arts more accessible to New Yorkers. Hell, they liked that guy so much they named an airport after him.
Opera isn’t really my thing, but l’d love to see a performance on Broadway someday. This is a savvy move, especially for a city like New York that wants to keep their art scene in the limelight for years to come.
I’ll be rooting for them in the postseason. Thank goodness Ohio has one baseball team worth a darn.
Verse was doing some interesting things in defensive alignments yesterday. They had him line up as a middle linebacker at one point and he crashed the LOS with a head of steam.
We’re getting contributions from guys l didn’t think would contribute that much. Isiah McGuire had a nice game.
I don't feel bad for invision, it's their job after all and theyve been paid reliably for many years at this point. Kathy I feel bad for she has a lot going on but she insists she wants to help, and myself I also have a lot going on (new baby) but I have no problem taking over I just need the data dump. I run like 5 bajillion projects on the side already so no problem to take one more.
I figure they are beholden to certain things when a board owner passes away and they are liable if a transfer doesn’t go well. That also doesn’t answer the question, would funding ease the transfer? I don’t want anything in return, just to ease the burden.
Typically the poli board is dead during Browns games. I see the governor of KY was on your mind at the time.
Does Andy haunt you?
Even if it goes past the date of the renewal relapse, we can still bring the board back. I'm pretty confident we'll get the database dump from invision eventually - they just arent being very responsive about it.
I imagine this is an outside the box hassle for them, as it probably is for you, Steve and Kathy.
Is there value in pooling money to renew before the deadline for the sake of continuity? Then you have another year to sort out the 1s and 0s.
Random observation, Jeudy is like the disappearing man here. Zero receptions the last 2 games.
Let’s go Brownies!!!
Hot damn Mason Graham
Egregious no call on the facemask of Watson with him even signaling it to the ref just staring at it.
I only have the radio feed but the Browns radio crew is losing their mind over all the missed calls against the Browns and the ticky tacky calls on the Browns.