Zombo said:
Me too.
Everyone of those sold-out coaches that laughed at us as studio hosts last week would have LOVED that win as a coach.
That was a coaches game. Any tiny thing goes wrong and you could lose field position, momentum, and the game.
The game was close from start to finsish, with each side trying not to give up the big play.
Our defense hit hard, swarmed, got after the passer, gang-tackled ... what more could you ask for?
Everyone is acting like we just out-stumbled the 76 Bucs or couldn't beat a college team. We just shut down Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Terrel Owens and Lee Evans for three hours without giving them a whiff of the end zone.
This team is playing VERY tough. Two weeks in a row. Tough Defense. Tough Special Teams. Tough Running Game ... If Anderson develops some timing with these young receivers and gets guys like Momass, Cribbs and Harrison in space .... we can be a good football team the rest of the year.
Yeah, I said it ... Good Team This Year.
I'm not sure where all the whiney pansies that cared more about "thanks buttons" and "QB ratings" than tough-ass wins went to, but it's been kind of nice around here the past couple days ... we're talking football like adults during Steeler week.
This is the toughest Browns team the Steelers have faced since Belichick.
Zombo
I agree I think Mangini would love to see Anderson develop some timing with these recievers and actually expects it to start this week. but if Anderson fails to do that, I have no fear that Mangini will make the right decisions to help this team win. even if it means looking silly by changing QBS again.
