Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
J

Jedburgh

@Jedburgh
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
4
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • The worst clock management ever!
    J Jedburgh
    The Browns Board

    @riffer-x said:

    Exactly, that's a great summation. They had all day and went Katie Bar the Door on the two minute drill when they were already at the 40 yard line.

    But.......here's what really gets me and lets me know they didn't have any great strategy all along: They celebrated like they just won the Super Bowl after the kick went through. Everybody and they momma knew the Bills had forever to get into range to make the kick and were most likely going to start at no worse than their own 40 yard line.

    The Bills gave us that game and we got fortunate. However, I did mention before that RAC otherwise coached very well. He wasn't the one who couldn't tackle. His other clock management was exceptional, just not at the most important juncture of the game.

    After Trent Edwards threw that strike up the middle to get them somewhere close to the Browns 30 yard line, how many of us felt like we were about to experience one of them good 'ole fashioned Brown's heartbreak losses we've grown so accustomed to? Hey... who knows? Maybe the worm has turned for the Browns with this one. I'm still pinching myself wondering if I was watching the right team.

    I understand that we had to keep stopping the clock for the other team since IF they would have made the field goal we would need to get the ball back. But it was painful watching this happen! If the Bills had made the field goal, we would have had less than 40 seconds left and ZERO time outs. Maybe Brady could have pulled that off but I don't mean the one that has it as a first name... at least not yet.


  • The worst clock management ever!
    J Jedburgh
    The Browns Board

    @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    I don't get you guys. If we had run and then the 50 yarder and made it you would all be bitching that he wasn't aggressive enough and we let them have a chance to win with a FG instead of going for the jugular!!! ....but he did what he did, we HIT the FB and WON...and you still bitch.

    He showed aggressive play calling. He showed a departure from the "play not to lose" mentality we all hate...and yet you keep on bitching.

    Get over it.

    Everyone is forgetting how close we came to throwing a pick. EVEN IF passing were part of the strategy, then don't put the QB in a shotgun. Sure, the Bills had to watch out for a draw or possible reverse, but the Bills read it right and played it right. I would have preferred a play-action over shotgun. At least the Bills would have probably loaded up the line a little more and given us something short up the middle. We were playing like we had no time. HEY... when we got the ball we had FIVE TIME OUTS! Our 3, the Bills one, and the two minute warning. Except for the 2 minute warning, we gave the ball back to the Bills with FOUR time outs. Dumb dumb dumb. Sure I'll take the win but we were lucky and need to thank the defense for coming through in stopping the run when all night it seemed they were tackling with axle grease on their hands.


  • The worst clock management ever!
    J Jedburgh
    The Browns Board

    I was a Romeo supporter until I saw how he managed the clock on Monday night at the end of the game. Now I think he needs to go. I actually felt like we lost the game. OK so we got lucky. Here we are on the Bills 39 yard line with a first down, with all three time outs, less than 2 minutes to go in the game, BARELY close enough for a winning field goal and what do we do... put Quinn into a shotgun THREE TIMES! Three incompletes... one a near pick and hardly use any time at all on the clock. Sure hind site is 20/20 and had Quinn made one of those passes or if Edwards held on to the ball then we would have thought it was a good call. But I didn't. I was screaming at the very moment I saw Quinn in the shotgun on first down. WHY AREN'T THEY RUNNING? A high school coach could have managed that better. We should have made them use their final time out and used ours ONLY if we needed them by running down the clock to as low as possible and THEN kick. In the end, our defense came through (thank goodness) when they needed to in stopping THEIR running game and pushing them into a 47 yard attempt which they missed. I don't feel good about this win. THE WORST CLOCK MANAGEMENT I'VE EVER SEEN!!


  • Cowher? Not for me...
    J Jedburgh
    The Browns Board

    I think it's a moot point. I heard that his wife would divorce him which is why he retired to begin with.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate