I always liked Ratliff. Of course all I really had to base it on was his play during the preseason against backups. But there was some discussion of him possibly being the starting QB for us this season before we traded up to get Sanchez.
Jetsfan89
Posts
-
Ratliff may be your new starter -
Abram ElamElam made a couple of big plays for us last year but thats basically all he was good for. He made the occassional big play.
1. 92 yard INT return for TD against Buffalo.
2. Strip sack fumble on Marc Bulger returned for TD by Calvin Pace.
3. Strip sack fumble on J.P Losman returned for TD by Ellis (Saved the Jets season at the time and kept themin the drivers seat in the AFC East).
Other then those 3 big plays though the guy didnt do much. He has some potential and the right coach could get it out of him. He's an average player at best.
Hank Poteat is a solid signing. He was a fan favorite amongst Jet fans. He's nothing special but he does his job. A solid number 3 or 4 CB.
Eric Barton is a tackling machine. I think you guys will like him. He's a pretty good player.
CJ Mosley is a solid backup D-Lineman. Nothing special but he is capable.
David Bowens is a solid versitile LB who can play both inside and outside at LB in the 3-4. He's a good depth player. Another guy who got off to a very good start last year before the blitzing just stopped.
Just throwing my thoughts in on some of the Jets players that you guys have signed.
-
Do the Jets want to make a trade?The Jets are not going to get rid of Gholston. I think people in the Jets organization felt that it was going to take him it least 1 season to play 3-4 OLB.
I do think the Jets probably would have some interest in Derek Anderson but I doubt there willing to part with Gholston after one season.