nice game Browns...Jets were very fortunate....that's the first time Stuckey did anything good for the Jets. The Browns are delfy better than I gave them credit for. This was another game the Jets got lucky on....but good teams win ugly....the Browns seem to have a real nice foundation....good luck the rest of the way
jetstream1066
Posts
-
Wow. Great Game. Go Jets -
Revis will be covering who? -
Revis will be covering who?I wasn't posting that as smack. That is just how the Jets play, they dare people to throw the ball.
The Jets have played like crap in some games recently so trust me the only one smack talking about the Jets right now is Rex Ryan!
Rex has been kind of quiet lately...I dont think the Jets are looking for specific matchups. I think the battle of corners vs. your wr's is pretty lopsided in the jets favor so I think the Jets are going 1-1 coverage and Revis and Cro each staying on their same side for the game
-
Jets fan worriedYou can always tell when a team and its fans are scared, They Shoot Their Mouths Off , is that you Braylon??
Browns 38 Jests 13
As a Jet fan...and the years of letdowns...Im nervous for every game.....however....the Jets are the better team....and with the Jets run game....and your serious lack of receivers....the Jets should win this game by double digits.
-
Jets vs BrownsDon't know what Hillis will do against the Jets. He had a deep thigh bruise and a groin pull during the Steelers/Saints weeks that really slowed him down and he had to get rotated out of the lineup after nearly every run. He is a big back, but his vision is awesome and he is quick and agile. If the Jets D-line does push around the Browns offensive line Hillis will still fall forward for a few yards.
Pats fans said he wouldn't be successful because they handle big backs well... they may have been right about their defense but they were wrong about Hillis. He isn't a straight ahead big back that just runs off guard every run.
If the Jets stop Hillis for say 16 carries for 45 yards the Browns will have a hard time winning. I don't think that will happen, I see more like 23 carries for 90 yards and his weekly TD.
I think the Browns score about 20 if they don't get any big turnovers from their defense.
The question is will the Jets passing attack with their quality recievers have a big game. I think they will set up a couple TD's for the Jets.
I think it will be a close game if both teams show up and Hillis stays healthy, and turnovers might be the deciding factor.
The pats def. is not as good as they think it is. Hillis is really agile for such a big guy and he surprised me with how quickly he can turn a corner...I'm very confident with the Jets secondary vs. the browns receivers....As always, Sanchez is a key....if the Jets take his handcuffs off...he can be very dangerous with the receivers the Jets have
-
Jets vs BrownsBe careful man. Don't dig your own grave. Saints and Pats fans aren't on this board anymore for a reason. They talked so much shit and had nothing to say after losing. You don't want to be one of them, now do you? Cover your ass.
If the Jets do lose...Ill come back to offer congrats like I do to every board I visit...and If the jets win...ill be back to see what the pulse of the board is and to smile......just a little

-
Jets vs BrownsThank you for the clarification. The problem in the northeast with the media and specifically in NY is that once they turn on you...it's nearly impossible to overcome and be redeemed. If Mangini's team was to win on Sunday, I think that even NY media would take notice. I like those kind of redemption stories. I personally expect them to be negative because that gets readership and ratings but to not be objective is clearly not journalism.
I've been to three or four games at the Meadowlands each of the last six years but haven't been to the new stadium. A Jets fan who is objective is rare. Welcome.
I'd say most of the heavy posters at the official Jets forum are very objective. And when somebody is showing heavy favoritism towards the jets that is so far fetched....he is made aware of his insanity..haha
-
Jets vs BrownsGanggreen:
here's the thread:
I dont like that forum...I think you'd find much more knowledgable fans on the forum at newyorkjets.com
-
Jets vs BrownsIf you were realistic and objective you'd see that Eric Mangini has the ability to coach in the league and coach well. Those statements come from people in the NFL, not from me. He beat Belichick and Fisher in successive weeks in 2008 and was 8-3. They tanked and the media turned on him. Jets fans buy that media. They parrot it like it's gospel. I live in it so I'm not guessing.
At a minimum, you should be able to acknowledge that he's turned this team around and he's learned from his personal mistakes. You can't separate out the current Jets success from Mangini. The foundation was laid in 2006. When you go to the playoffs with D-Rob as your 0-technique....that's saying something. For my money, Mangini's firing in NY was not about X's and O's or even tanking. It was about Woody wanting the change. You can't sell PSLs without an outgoing, salesman coach. Admittedly, that's not Eric Mangini's strength. If you think it was because he couldn't coach...you're mistaken. Tannenbaum saved his own ass (and no one can blame him, I suppose) but it was media driven and political.
I'm not saying mangini is a bad coach now...I said that when he was with the Jets...he made some very poor coaching decisions. I'm aware of the draftted players under his time in NY. He has a very good football foundation. You watch the Browns so I assume you would see any changes in his coaching ability.
-
Jets vs BrownsThe Jets are good at stopping the run. We have been running very well. It will definitely be this part of the game that will probably determine the result.
It usually does in most games but other than that, I was not that impressed with the Jets vs the Lions.
You and every other Jet fan...The Jets played like crap against the Broncos and Lions...their Def weas awesome against the Packers but their Offense did nothing...Jets are very fortunate to be 2-1 in the last 3 crappy performances they put out
-
Jets vs BrownsI agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.
The Browns defly opened lots of eyes around the league with their past 2 victories....I can't see them scoring points on the Jets like they did on the Pats....I'm real happy you put the smack down on Tom Lady and the Pats
-
Jets vs BrownsI scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.
Which Jets forum are you looking at ? There are lots of them...but I think the forum on the official Jet home page is the best. Anyway...Hillis is going to be tough to stop. I'm not certain how good or effective Colt is....as for Stuckey...he couldnt even stay on the Jets practice squad...and I doubt he has become a pro bowl receiver...thats not to say he cant have a good game against the Jets
-
Jets vs BrownsMy eyes are wide open. You obviously believe jackasses like Carton and Schein. If you believe coaches can't change and grow then you're more of an idiot than you seem. I'm sure you weren't crying about Mangini when he was 8-3 in 2008 and had just outclassed Belichick and an undefeated Jeff Fisher in back to back weeks. He and Tannenbaum reshaped the team but Tannenbaum is a lawyer. He'd never scouted a player before that. Mangini brought discipline and professionalism to the team. I know that first hand. He convinced guys like Jenkins, Thomas Jones and even Favre that New Jersey was a reasonable place to live. I didn't rely on WFAN or the Post to tell me that.
You guys are all the same. Start with your pithy attacks while your team is a winner (and no one here is saying they aren't a formidable opponent) and then run with your tail between your legs when your team can't cash the checks their mouths are writing. We'll see how well Rex's act plays in NY when he costs his team games.
Read last Sunday's article about Mangini in the Times (assuming you can read on that level). It's well written and a true test of whether a Jet fan can be objective (which we know they can't be or else they wouldn't be Mets fans).
You are in luck...my hooked on phonics tape came in today so I picked up on this reading and writing thing pretty quick. I never was a mangina fan.....and where are my pithy attacks? Or is that some new word you heard some smart guy using and just decided to use it? If the Jets lose this game (which is a possibility) I would come back and offer congrats.....as for Rex.....I have been vocal on the Jets forum that his coaching has been questionable the past few games and many Jet fans inlcluding myself wish rex would quiet down a bit. I'm a very objective and realistic jet fan...as a side note...the Post is a rag of a newspaper....have I touched on all of your awesome insults....or do you save your good material for gameday ?
-
Braylon Edwards Running His Mouth AgainMore than his share of drops- in fact he led the league in that category the year we shipped him out of town.
Yeah, we saw Braylon make a bunch of circus catches here in Cleveland, but even more drive killing drops- or certain touchdowns when he was 5 yards open- that hit him in the hands.
we are seeing the drops too...I don't think its as many as when he was in Cle. but it's early in his Jets career
-
Jets vs BrownsHillis-iz-Boss said:
And I'm glad we don't see the jackasses like you the week after we play your team.I just might come back to say hello to you for showing me so much love
-
Jets vs BrownsAnd you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.
I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.
Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.
Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex
-
Jets vs Brownsyep Gipper...thats it....Im offended by the insulting well thought out posts...it hurts me....Ill go weep now
-
Braylon Edwards Running His Mouth AgainThat "essence" stuff is still hilarious. Surprised he can hold onto his phone long enough to twitter something.
That was funny....he certainly has his share of drops...but also makes insane catches
-
Jets vs Browns -
Jets vs BrownsWe didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.
I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.
Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)
I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.
wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!
anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week