I think this would be a fantastic move. West is a great player, plus he's five years younger.
JOCKpost
Posts
-
"Z" to New Orleans? -
Holmgren; West Coast Offense = ? at QBI agree with Zombo on this one. There has been no guarantee that they are going to completely overhaul the offensive philosophy. If Holmgren wanted to do that, he wouldn't have kept them around. It would have been much easier to bring in the people that he knows can run that system.
The fact that he kept the coaches signifies that he agrees to some degree (at least right now) that they were headed in the right direction. Holmgren also MUST have come to the conclusion that removing the coaching staff in place would do more harm than good.
Although I was initially enormously disappointed that Mangini is sticking around, I trust Holmgren has much more at stake than I do. I'll go with him on this one and trust that he will lead the Browns to some wins in meaningful games.