Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
J

Juggernaut

@Juggernaut
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
2
Topics
2
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Massaquoi Travels Country To Work With Nfl's Best Wideouts
    J Juggernaut
    The Browns Board

    I like seeing things like this.

    My link

    For Mohamed Massaquoi, the lingering NFL lockout has afforded the Browns third-year wideout a chance to take a step back and learn from the game's best.

    Massaquoi toured the country to meet with a who's who of receivers, including Chad Ochocinco, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Wes Welker, The Plain Dealer reported.

    "I'm looking at this as a fresh start and I wanted to learn from the best," he said this weekend. "I wanted to be able to start from scratch and be able to use what they know to help me."

    Massaquoi, who told the paper he picked up skills from every player he met with, called the NFL's receiving ranks "almost like a big fraternity," saying Ochocinco and Ward -- division rivals with the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers respectively -- were generous in their help.

    "There's a reason that they're in the league as long as they are. You really can't fix what you don't know. You see how those guys go about their business, how they work, how they're running routes and how they're adjusting to certain things and it's completely different."

    The Browns spent a second-round pick on Massaquoi in 2009. With 70 catches and five touchdowns after two seasons, he has yet to elevate a passing attack that ranked last in the league in 2009 and No. 29 in 2010.

    Massaquoi's offseason homework comes as the Browns shift to the West Coast offense, a change the former Georgia star back wholeheartedly.

    "I'm really excited about it," Massaquoi told the newspaper. "You wish you could've come into a more pass-happy offense from the start, but now that it's here, you embrace it and have fun."

    Massaquoi is one of 40 players attending this week's Camp Colt IV, the team's full-squad workouts in Austin, Texas, under the direction of second-year quarterback Colt McCoy, according to the newspaper.


  • Espn Article About Colt Today
    J Juggernaut
    The Browns Board

    Hi guys, I have been reading the forums for a long time but never had made a post before today. So I wanted to start off by saying HI. I didn't see anyone post this yet so I decided to post it. It's a artcile about Colt. I don't agree with it at all, I think he will shine in a WCO system and his arm will be just fine. I guess time will only tell. But I thought you guys would want to read it.

    My link

    A weekly look at a player whose performance must improve in 2011.

    The Browns play in a difficult division. They have a new head coach and two new coordinators. They also have a second-year quarterback who needs all the offseason help he can get as he attempts to learn the new offensive system and get the Browns back to respectability. That is why Colt McCoy is the focus of this week's Pressure Point series.

    There is a lot to like about McCoy. He won at the college level. He is intelligent, tough and scrappy. He is very accurate in the short-to-intermediate portions of the field. He moves well and kept the chains moving -- even as a rookie on an offense that was devoid of playmaking receivers. McCoy is an excellent fit in the West Coast offense, which the Browns are installing. Adding a talented, big-bodied wideout like Greg Little could certainly help the situation

    But there is also a lot to worry about with McCoy. First, he isn't the biggest or most physical quarterback around. That could be a big problem in a division featuring the Steelers and Ravens. McCoy is going to take more than his fair share of hits. But what worries me more is that McCoy doesn't have physically overwhelming tools. Many think arm strength is overrated -- and I concede that some quarterbacks do increase their arm strength at the NFL level -- but McCoy is deficient in this category. Cleveland's coaching staff will always have to manage this young quarterback. We will see a lot of rollouts, play-action and three-step drops on an offense that features a power running game. All of that is fine, and I expect McCoy to do quite well with such play calls.

    But there are times when the quarterback has to be able to make big-time throws. McCoy has to be able to put the ball into a very small area, and he needs to do so with velocity. There are times when he has to throw the ball with power behind it even though his feet are not set and the throwing conditions are not favorable. In Cleveland, and in this division, the quarterback must be able to handle wind and harsh conditions late in the season -- and perhaps even into the playoffs. We know that Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco can make those throws. I don't feel confident that McCoy can.

    McCoy had some good outings last season, but as Peyton Hillis broke down late in the year and the weather became more challenging, McCoy and the Browns' offense fell apart. Apologists will say that he hit the rookie wall and that this year Cleveland should have two power runners (Hillis and Montario Hardesty) to lean on throughout the season. I still contend that this is not a good match between young quarterback and the city he plays in. McCoy threw three interceptions in Week 16 against Baltimore and three interceptions in Week 17 against Pittsburgh -- both games were played in Cleveland by the lake. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate