I came to this board months back after Seneca was dealt to the Browns from Seattle to rejoin holmgren. So yeah, seahawks fan but not here to argue/troll/ruffle feathers. Back then I was trying to give you guys some insight about a guy you didn't know much about.
I will say that after watching Jake play, Seneca isn't going to be a step down. He's solid, else holmgren woudln't have picked him up. He knows a thing or two about evaluating QB's.
I've seen a lot of comments on various sports sites talking about wallace like he's terrible or something. Here in seattle he did pretty good for the time he spent behind a shaky oline with no running game after the hutch/alexander days.
Much like the hawks you guys have nothing to lose.
Here's to hoping they let seneca loose to do what he does best, run around and be unpredictable. No doubt he is unpolished, and hey it's going to lead to some bad throws and turnovers but can't imagine it would be much worse than the last year or so of Jake Delhomme's play, and seneca gives you the bonus of being fun to watch. Pair him up with Cribbs and give them some time to get on the same page and it could be really fun to watch.
Overall, I will say this. . .Seneca may not be a long term starter, but he never LOST any games for us here in Seattle, and that's something I think you guys are accustomed too....QB's that lose the game with their shoddy play, but Seneca won't leave anything out there.
hope that at least helps give some confidence in him. If anything he's going to be more fun to watch than delhomme.