Rumor is that the NY Mets have received the Cleveland Browns 2016 first round pick as compensation for DePodesta's rights LOL!
Kingphisher
Posts
-
Browns hire Jonah Hill....err Paul DePodesta as CSO -
I'm Coming Home...The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
Welcome back Shep! I took a break this spring, but I can't wait to see our rushing attack this year!
-
The Coltnmills said:
I just hope Delhomme does well so fans arent crying for Colt a quarter threw the season. I dont want another QB controversy, let the coaches do there job and decide who should play and who shouldnt and cheer for whoever they put on the field.LOVE...LOVE...LOVE this pick! I agree with you 100 percent and I think the coaches will let him sit and learn for a year or two like the Eagles did with Kolb. Holmgren said as much last night. I thought they were going to get him in the second when they traded up, but I was extatic when we landed him in the third. He is a class act, a smart kid, and a good football player. He reminds me a lot of Brees. If the coaches handle this right (and I think they will this time) I think Colt has the potential to be the best QB from this draft. Go Browns!!!!
-
The ColtOh no, Lumbergh with a Cowboy hat?
Eh...Lumbergh is probably on some Cardinals message board bashing Matt Leinart right now.
-
Out with the bad, in with the bad!Think you missed it my friend........we dumped two young high paid pieces of garbage one that cost us a first and second round pick.................picked up Wallace for not much and got DelHomme who played in a Super Bowl and made the playoffs more than once for a nominal price
Bottom line they are both stop gaps and we will draft a QB with franchise capability hopes to replace the two losers we had last year especially Brady (I never won or played well in a big game against a big opponent) Quinn
the alternative was to watch Quinn to a Couch for five more losing years
I'll second these thoughts. I'll add that Delhomme is a low-end stop gap though. My wife's sisters lives in NC so I had to suffer through some Carolina games last year watching him throw int after int. Still, he's just 1 1/2 years out from some good football so hopefully he can make a go of it. With no Steve Smith to rely on I am a bit worried though.
-
It's timeWhether we liked Quinn....liked Anderson.....the topic of these guys is OVER. As a Browns fan I say- thank God. Enough is enough already. Reading or hearing about another Quinn DA topic or post or whatever makes my stomach want to heave chunks like never before. Lets all just drop the bullshit herein....take a deep breathe (whatever friggin side you supported) and concentrate on being the best fans in the NFL....for the best team in the NFL. It's over.....
GO DELHOMME!
GO BROWNS!
ps-> To all of the savvy and smart Browns fans.....I and many others would prefer to hear what you have to say about moving forward. It's far better of a read......and much more enjoyable.
All I have to say is I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT! With this many picks in a DEEP draft, I just might have to stock the fridge with PBR (wish it was POC) and get my 4-day drink on! Go Browns! We took out the trash this month and its time to stock the fridge in April! This really is going to be a young team and I for one am ready to absorb some growing pains if I see some bright spots this year. I will definitely need to come up for a couple of games this year.
-
BRADY QUINN TRADED -
BRADY QUINN TRADED -
Delhomme signs with the BrownsChickenwang said:
Quinn is still the best QB on this team...Sad thing is this is close to a true statement! I think Wallace is better, but my gut feeling is that we just took a step back in signing INT-Jake. Word has it he will earn 7 mil. this year, so you are looking at our new starter. I hope I am wrong, but I HATE this move! And the QB woes continue....
-
WCOeven though the facts 100% disagre with you
Holgren has pretty much said himself Clausen is the pick if berry is not there
Whaaaaat? You must be the man formerly known as Lumburgh to be so obsessed with a QB.
-
Seneca Wallace traded to ClevelandHey now, dont knock Oaksterdam University. If it wasn't for them people would have to learn how to use medical marijuana on their own lol.
LOL...We need a thread to track Athens's predictions for the draft. Athens, how about starting an "on the record" draft predictions thread for yourself? Kind of your own mock draft.
-
Seneca Wallace traded to ClevelandMcCoy is 6th round at best
no arm and short
Holmgren and Mangini LOVE clausen they brought in Charlie weiss to talk about him and sent out Bernie Kosar to interview clausen and they were the 1st team to interview him at the combine
Did you really predict McCoy in the 6th round "at best"? You obviously have a degree from Oaksterdam University. All mocks have him at the top of the 2nd at worst. I think you also said the Haden was the 11th best CB in the draft (though he's still the consensus #1 even after running a slow combine time). I can see you are passionate about football, but have some common sense.
-
WCOHow could the Browns tolerate a QB who would hang with a couple of skankapottamuses like the following: (at least BR had some taste in the women he allegedley assaulted):

Nice to see Jimmy posing for pictures with his offensive line! Way to show them some love!
-
Seneca Wallace traded to ClevelandMcCoy is 6th round at best
no arm and short
Holmgren and Mangini LOVE clausen they brought in Charlie weiss to talk about him and sent out Bernie Kosar to interview clausen and they were the 1st team to interview him at the combine
WCO does not require a big arm (short quick passes). Even Quinn fits that bill (though I would not be inclined to give him that chance after last years garbage).
-
Seneca Wallace traded to Clevelandhe was brought in to mentor clausen
Good Grief! Holmgren and Heckert are not that stupid. He has not drafted a qb higher than the 3rd round, ever! I could see a reach for McCoy if he is still there in the 2nd, but definitely not Clausen.
-
Browns to install West Coast System-Seneca to run itwww.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/seneca_wallace_has_the_tools_a.html
If this article is to be trusted, Wallace becomes our starter this year as he is well versed in this system. Word has it that Daboll is being tutored on the West Coast offense through Gil Haskell (dictated by Holmgren). DA will be gone and the jury is out on Quinn. Quinn can't learn the system enough to operate it effectively this year. He has the attributes to be a West coast guy in the future because he is mobile and makes short throws (that's all he had last year). If Holmgren doesn't see enough of him on film then he could be moved. I would say it is a 50/50 chance that he keeps BQ to groom him for this offense vs. drafting a young guy to groom. Either way it appears that Seneca is primed to be our guy. I like it personally. He has 7 years experience in 1 system so he brings instant credibility.
-
CJ Spilleryeah i think ill agree with the NFL scouts who say the combine hurt his stock
he is about the 7th best DB most overrated player in the draft
he has the same situation with Taylor Mays he had great talent around him to make him look good
...Because we all know that good showings at the combine make players. Just ask Kyle Boller about that pass from his knees. But then again, you sound like you know it all and since you've been a well respected member since uh, Yesterday, I'll take your word for it.
-
CJ Spillera few scouts (including one of our own) has said his stock dropped from it so it means alot more then you claim
When he puts the pads on he is the best cb available. Production on the field means more than a stopwatch.
-
Breaking News: Corey Williams Traded To LionsI personally don't think he is any smarter, or more motivated, or more of a character person than say, Troy Smith.
Honestly, character don't mean diddley when it comes to winning football games. Now, I don't want a complete sociopath running my team, but just because some guy wears his religion on his sleeve, or gives rah rah speeches, doesn't mean he is going to be a good NFL QB. If some of that translates into real leadership, then fine. But there have been a lot of private, seemingly meek guys make good leaders. Joe Montana was a quiet, meek guy, but obviously a great leader
.I don't think you will find one coach or nfl personality that questions Tebow's leadership skills. In fact, the buzz is that his intangibles are off the charts. I'm not saying that I would spend a 2nd rounder on him (I would on McCoy though), but I do think he is worth a look in the 3rd (if we trade for a veteran). I don't think Smith will be any better than a backup at this level. He kinda reminds me of Tee Martin (very mobile but not great at reads). I personally liked him at Ohio State and would chance a 5th round on him if we don't get someone earlier. Just my 2 cents.
-
Breaking News: Corey Williams Traded To LionsThere you go. Ask yourself this:
Would you rather use a 5th round pick on Tim Tebow? Or a 5th round pick on Troy Smith? If it "had" to be one or the other.
(Who know, Tebow could still be there in round 5)
Tebow will not make it past the beginning of the 3rd round (probably not the 2nd). At the very least he makes an interesting WildDawg option and there are teams in need of a player that can make that happen. As far as a project player, I would definitely take him in the 3rd and train him for a few years. This guy is smart, motivated, and one hell of an athlete. Not to mention a HUGE character person. The Browns are going to trade for a qb this year so let him sit a few and learn how to be an nfl qb like Romo did. I would target Colt McCoy in the 2nd first and if we didn't get him then Tebow in the 3rd.