kwickett85
Posts
-
Sanchez......is the reporter smoking weed ? -
Sanchez......is the reporter smoking weed ?You guys actually think Sanchez is better than Campbell? I wouldn't even want Sanchez as my 3rd string QB. Looks like the Browns 2014 QB's will be: Rookie, Hoyer, and Grossman. With Kyle in the Browns coaching staff you know he's going to bring his buddy with him.
-
Pettine a Mistake for BrownsHey guys, I'm a Skins fan living in Buffalo. I think this is a great hire for your team and while I agree with some things the original poster said, I also disagree with some things. In 2012, Buffalo had Dave Wannstedt as their DC. Wannstedt very rarely blitzed opposing offenses and produced one of the worst defenses in Bills history. In 2013, Pettine took over and completely changed the defense. They ranked 1st in tackles, 2nd in sacks, 2nd in INT's, tied for 4th best in yards per play allowed, and also had the 4th worst time of possession (thanks to the offense). Keep in mind that Byrd and Gilmore only started 9 games this year too.
Doug Marrone is a good coach but his biggest mistake was bringing OC Nate Hackett with him from Syracuse. Their offense was VERY predictable and often included runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs. This setup their rookie QB with constant 3rd and 6, 7, 8's, which then lead to 3 and out's and the 5th worst time of possession in the league, as well as the 4th worst yards per play, and the 4th worst 3rd down percentage.
Pettine is the type of guy who will fit the scheme around your players. I think you guys have a good future, especially with the picks you have in this upcoming draft. It sucks to see him leave, but I wish him and you guys the best.