If Mike Holmgren takes a job in the front office, which appears all but official, Eric Mangini's firing is likely inevitable. Thank God. That being said, who do you want to be the Browns coach next season.
I know he has only been there a year, but I think this is a case where you have to fire the coach after one season. Eric Mangini has mishandled his stint in Cleveland worse than anyone in NFL history, in my opinion. The guy is an absolute train wreck.
Holmgren has had TONS of success as a head coach, but I don't really like coaches having so much control in the front office. Because of that, I don't really want Holmgren as both the coach and "czar."
Although Dallas has had their late season struggles at times recently and underperformed in general, I love Jason Garrett. I think he will be a phenomenal coach when he gets the chance. However, I don't know if I want to go the coordinator rout. Personally, though, I would get him if he'd come.
Obviously, if a guy like Cowher were to be available, I would get him in a heartbeat. I don't know about him working with Holmgren, though. Would be interesting. I'm pretty sure Cowher would want lots of personnel control. I highly doubt Jeff Fisher will get fired now, so that takes his name out, too.
Laugh all you want, but I wouldn't mind seeing Schottenheimer get another shot in Cleveland.
Thoughts on these and other candidates? Who is on your wish list?