Sorry Downs....think what you want.I think you are clueless.
Vick isn't a bad QB, he won't cost a arm and a leg.
So, it you want to insult, we can do that, If you want to talk football, start talking football.
Which is it....doesn't matter to me, though if you choose the insult route, I am pretty much out and will just stick you on ignore.
You seem to act like you know Rich...fine, i think he will tell you I am not some Yahoo who just spouts off....I think a lot of people would say that.
So talk to me....what is wrong with Vick as a bridge??
I am assuming you aren't some unhappy PETA follower.
Ballpeen,
We've had some good conversations before and I've agreed with you a lot. I'm often banned around here. 3 days to 3 months at a time so I check back when I can.not trying to insult you and probably jumped the gun a bit. My bad.
But on this one IMO you are dead wrong.... Why? Well..
We need a franchise QB for years to come. Now I know we won't have that next year but seriously Vick. Vick is not a real QB. What was his best passer rating? 80? Unless we have franchise QB we will never win. And Vick is your answer? Pahlease....
If you want some proof look at Roddy Whites numbers when Vick was there. Something like 30 catches 400 yards. As soon as he left he has blown up.80+ catches and 1000+ yards. Probably because someone could get him the ball. Which leads me to my next point. His accuracy is terrible. With Holmgren coming in he covets accuracy from a QB.
Not to mention he was out of football for 2 years. And when he came on with Philly he did not look like Micheal Vick. He will be 30 years old and probably has lost a step which is Micheal Vicks game.
We need a veteren QB that is a real QB, like a McNabb or Hasselback. We draft a guy like Pike or someone like that and let him groom and learn. How the hell do you learn from Vick? Won't happen.
All in all Vick is nothing but a WildDawg guy and has nothing to offer us.
Having said that there is no way that he will be a Brown anyhow. Could you imagine dog killer in the dawg pound? I don't even like dogs or animals in general but Holmgren won't and shouldn't let this happen. For the sake of the Browns.

