and i'm pretty sure your fammilliar with our draft disasters, and now firing probably the smartest, most loyal jets coach we have ever had. jets are a pathetic franchise
mangini4life
Posts
-
Jet Fan for Mangini -
Jet Fan for Manginiand i'm not even mentioning
bellycheat stealing a million dollar from a dying man (leon hess: jets owner)
parcell retiring and then going to cowboys (after we traded for that bitch)
-
Jet Fan for ManginiFrom the Brooklyn Daily Eagle
Cheap Seater Lou Ricciardi, who can see impending disaster with the clarity reserved only for long time Jets fans, checked in last week with the following prediction after Eric Mangini was named head coach of the Browns. “We can now add Cleveland to the list of teams that will win a Super Bowl before the Jets win another.”
Light stuff. Jets fans are as good at the woe-is-me stuff as we are.
jets have always been the nfl's step child. go through the history of the jets.
After the 1983 season, the Jets lease with the city for the use of Shea Stadium had expired, and the Jets would need to cut a new deal. The Jets had faced onerous lease terms at Shea until 1978 when they weren't able to play home games until the Mets completed their season. Often the Mets would use their status as the stadium's primary tenant to force the Jets on long road trips early in the season.
Giants Stadium has been home to the Jets since 1984.The Jets failed to reach an agreement with the City of New York about improvements to Shea Stadium, and instead reached an agreement with the New Jersey Sports and Exhibition Authority to play their home games at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey beginning in 1984. The Jets played their last game at Shea in 1983, a 34–7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Oddly enough, the Jets first game at Giants Stadium was a loss to the Steelers as well.
we have never had our own stadium, probably the only nfl team to never have its own stadium, and this is just the tip of the iceberg of the things jets fans have gone through.
1- several incompitant owners
2- bad coaches
3- klecko and winston hill not in the HOF
we finally had a chance to get our own stadium in newyork and the company that owns madison square gardens and the knicks funded lobyists to kill the proposal in new york even after bieng aproved by gov pataki and mayor guliani
-
Confessions of a Turncoat Jet Fani never said i can go cold turkey on the jets, its like an ex girlfriend that you broke up with even though you still like her, you still want to know what she is doing, you just don't want to spend every day miserable with her drama. I just want to talk Football with some real passionate fans who i respect, that are not bandwagon fans and that aren't idiotic hot heads like i find on the jets boards. When the Jets and Browns play i'll expect the Jets to loose like always, but i can't say who i'll root for, its too early in this process for me. But what i will say is i've had more enjoyment talking browns football (i'm even starting a browns madden franchise) in a week then i have talking jets football in 20 years.
i can respect that, but when its browns v jets, i'll be all green and white

-
Jet Fan for Mangini -
Jet Fan for Manginiyep..its me...AND I am wearing the Brown and Orange..I'm done withe NYJ's..Mangini helped turn that organization in a professional one because before Mangini it was an absolute clown show and I'm afraid its gone back to that..Did he make mistakes..of course... but you can see he will learn from them and he brought so much professionalism to that franchise it was absurd to let him go..The meotric rise of Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, Leon Washington, David Harris and Jerihco Cothery...hell 3 of them made the pro bowl!!...he doesn't deserve credit for that??...bullcrap..he deserves all the credit for their development on the field..period..Accuse me of drinking the Mangini Kool aid if you want but I've watched Coach for 3 three years now and I think he is going to be great in Cleveland...Chuck Noll was like 15 - 32 his first 3 years in pitsburgh..how did that work out for them..not comparing EM to CN..just sayin.
i agree 100%
but i cant leave the jets
-
Jet Fan for ManginiNew poster and NOW a Browns fan..I am a huge supporter of Coach Mangini. I think what the Browns fan will love about coach mangini is his willingness to make the hard decision not the popular decision..Disipline issues will be a thing of the past very soon.The boy don't play. Some fans won't agree with all the things he does but he will do what he feels is the absolute best for the Cleveland Browns. His attention to detail and game management are supurb..The Jet team was always well prepared and ran things like the two minute offense very well.
Cleveland Brown fans you are getting one hard ass working,smart,tough coach..you'll see
glenn! is that you from jetnation.com
-
Jet Fan for Manginimz. said:
Damn, there sure are a lot of you guys flocking over here.Mangini must be OK...
lets just say if i was not a jets fan, i would be wearing a browns jersey right now,
-
Confessions of a Turncoat Jet Fani'll root for mangini's brown too, except when it concerns the jets, sorry i cannot leave the jets too much emotional attachment to them
-
Confessions of a Turncoat Jet FanOK, well while some of you discuss band wagons, I'd like to ask a question.
When I heard about Mangini, I went to the Jets board to look and see what the fans said about him. I didn't like what I saw. From what I read, a lot of people were happy to see him leave. There were remarks about his inability to learn from his mistakes and his mismanagement of the clock. Do you feel these are valid concerns or were the Jets fans still huffy about the Seahawks game and missing the playoffs?
I do like to hear Mangini is a no-nonsense guy... I think certain wide receivers and tight ends :cough: might benefit from having a head coach with more tenacity than a teddy bear.
mangini has made a few mistakes, but he is no herm edwards 2.0. he is one of the smartest coaches in the leauge, jets fans were absolutely in love with him after the tennesee game, and were wanting to butcher him after the 49er game next week, new york jets fans are obnoxious little fags specialy the ones from east coast
-
Jet Fan for ManginiI agree with you 100%, Mangini coached some of the worst games this year I have ever seen. Great coaches never loose palyers like mangini did this year. He had nothing to do with the scouting and the draft, he gave his opinion but it was largely bradshaw and tannenbaum responibility. Also just a side note from what I saw for 3 years he is no belichick
guessing is a fools game. what incredible source u have for your statements, let me guess, none!
bradway and tannenbaum were with the jets long before mangini, yet were not able to produce one true offensive or defensive probowler, please spare me the bulshit and come up with something more credible to read
-
Mangini vs the SteelersMasters said:
When I read shit like this it makes me realize how stupid you are. The dude whose post you replied to was a Jets fanshhhhh he is stll in denial over the tomlin hire

-
Jet Fan for Manginimangini is a football encyclopedia. thats why they call him mangenious.
-
Jet Fan for ManginiHey Jets fans above (making certain to not include PBJELLY the xxxxING IDIOT Jets fan on previous pages--who is now on ignore for life I might add) thanks for taking the time to stop by and post.
I, like many others, have been reading this board and it's predecessors for years and it's always welcome to meet some civil fans with something to say. Thank you Manginiforlife for the insight. It's always good to hear that type of support from the former team's fans.
Hope you guys stick around and drinkl up the kool-aid. The Browns are a great team in history, but currently just memories, and we hope your guy Mangini will be the one to finally consumate this thing for SOOOOOO many of us. I have been skeptical of him thus far but after the Ryan hiring I'm ready to give him his keys.
Two interesting things I've noticed while reading some Jets posts (not just you guys):
1) When anyone described how Mangini would lay down the law and players would compete for their positions it all seemed pretty familiar to us, nothing new here. I liked that Mangini is also high character like RAC was but the guys run laps just like Favre. In fact, Edwards was running laps when Stallworth spiked him this past summer. In fact, the only different thing I heard was the Rob Ryan stuff.
Is there an impression that Romeo wasn't much of a disciplinarian or that the Browns players are too loose?That they don't practice much maybe?
Also mentioned several times was how Mangini could take a prima dona and transform him into a high character, hard-working player. Are you or in your opinion is the league of the impression the Browns have some prima dona types that require some high character instillment? Just asking.

I like to get outside perspectives.
Loved the high character stuff btw. To me that's part of the reason for our current invisible lack of success. After 9 starters on IR return, a monkey could swing in Berea on a vine and produce a winner. It's already there, just took 5 years instead of the normal 4, possibly due to a "high character athletic tradeoff". I like what's in place and it's important to me to see it will continue. Most teams have one or two guys on a United Way commercial. There's probably upwards of ten of our guys with their own foundations.
well they both come from the same coaching tree, but the key difference is that mangini brings an intensity and work ethic that is hard to match, and some players will have a hard time adjusting to that, lavernous coles hd a real hard time hencethe term primadonnas. u will find out who the primadonnas are as the training camp starts and the players start bitching about the practices. one thing about mangini is that he is a percentages guy, you will learn more about football listening to his press conferences than actually watching the games. he has a way of explaining things very maticulously
-
Mangini vs the SteelersWhat exactly is your assertion? The Jets, with a coach that lacks sideline charisma, beat the Steelers because 1) they were overlooking a weaker team and 2) a trick play within the 1st minute in the 1st quarter?
By claiming it a trap game, I gather that we are in agreement that the Jets were a weaker team in 2007. I have to disagree that the flea flicker won the game though. The steelers had 59 minutes plus overtime to beat the Jets and couldn't do it. If I had to pick one play that hugely impacted the game, it would be Elam pressure and Robertson sack with less than 3 minutes left in the game that gave the ball back to the Jets, which led to a game tying FG.
With the whole charisma thing, IMO, it helps but isn't a necessity to be a good/great coach. Dungy, Belichick, Coughlin, have the same amount of sideline charisma as a termite. I am by no means stipulating that Mangini is the same caliber as the coaches that I mentioned.....just merely proving the point that sideline rah rah and being emotional is overated.
but the tomlinites will find out for themselves that what mangini lacks in emotions he brings it in intensity. i feel sorry for the steeler fans cuz they have no idea that there domination over that division is about to end. mike tomlin is a shity head coach just like cowher and marty ball, all rah rah no smarts. i am a jets fan and a lot of my friends are steeler fans and i feel sorry for them because tomlin is a dimwit of a coach, he is like dick jauron in buffallo, looks great from the outside but there is nothing inside that is of any substance
-
Congrats on getting ManginaSteeler SChuck said:
What - no Cowher, no Shanahan, no Marty?Told yinz that the stains ain't paying any coin for a premier HC, but I'm usually right and yinz are usually not.
Well, well - Mangina. Couldn't win after getting the drama queen QB and spending a bazillion dollars in FA. Stool pidgeoned Belicheat, not that I didn't mind that but still a sell-out. How much is this guy costing yinz?
Anyway, congrats on getting the guy who's going to save the franchise. Maybe Brett comes with him?
Regards
..... an'at
.
tomlin is a clown. you will find out this year in the playoffs.
-
Mangini vs the SteelersWhen I read shit like this, it makes me realize how stupid Browns fans are.
Expose Tomlin? Expose him for what, going to the playoffs? Kicking the snot out of the Browns, at ill?
Romeo Crennel and Phil Sewage are the ones who have been exposed for being clowns. Browns fans who marched in single file for 4 years chanting " In Sewage We Trust" are even bigger clowns, I call them asshole clowns.
Tomlin kicked the shit out of 11 football teams this year, and you say it is OUR TEAM that is going to do what? Expose his 11 wins as not anything. Is Mangini also going to make the world see that the Browns 4 - 12 last place record is ACTUALLY one of the best performances in the NFL given all out hardships?
Give me a break with the wit till next year bullshit.
Right now, the Browns blow donkey penis and Mangini has inherited shit talent with a shit owner. There aren't 5 guys on this team worth keeping.
i am a jets fan
-
Jets Players React -
Jet Fan for ManginiHi Everyone.
As my username indicates, I am a life long Jets fan who registered with this forum once it was clear that Mangini will be the next Browns coach. First and foremost, I will always be a Jets fan and my allegance will always be to the green and white. However, I am angered by the Jets FO and the rabid/bipolar NY fans armed with hindsight made it unbearable to read some of the Jets MB.
I truly believe that it was a huge mistake to let Mangini go, who I think will be a fine NFL coach in the near future. Maybe he'll hit his stride during his tenure with the Browns or perhaps not. But I really bought into the program that Mike. T and Mangini were supposedly building together....the core values he preached to players, the hard disciplined approach, establishing a system of meritocracy, attention to detail, all of it. This is not to say he didn't make his share of mistakes but he has shown during his stint with the Jets that he has the ability to recognize his mistakes, learns from them, and to correct them.
I honestly think the Browns organization hired a promising young coach who will only get better. I won't make claims that he'll magically transform prima donnas into high character, hard working, and selfless players but he will definately get his point across that attitudes detrimental to the team chemistry will not be tolerated.
I will be rooting for Mangini and the Browns except when it impacts the Jets.
+1 fellow jets fan 🥷
-
Mangini vs the SteelersBud........go hang out at : http://jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27 you will feel better!
lol...
i thought JI died after the jetnation migration
