mario
Posts
-
Rumor Going Around ... Haden Failed Drug Test -
Rumor Going Around ... Haden Failed Drug TestThe front office needs to step up and suspend Joe Haden for 6 games on top of his 4 game NFL suspension he may receive. Nip this in the butt and set an example.
-
Jim Brown's services no longer requiredJim Brown did weigh about 40lbs more then the linebackers he faced...
If you took Jim Brown and stuck him in a time machine and warped him onto the playing field today... well he would make an NFL Team, but on most teams he might not even be the starter.
The guy was blessed with great size, speed and strength for his time, but now we have linebackers weighing almost 280lbs and DLinemen coming in from 330-350. He would need some good PEDs to compete, but all of these players take PEDs regardless...
-
stuff on the Browns, and Hardesty is a STAR PUPILHoping or predicting?
Don't be such a damn screwge old man.
-
Best ever Browns ReceiversFunny fact of the day: Braylon Edwards had the most successful season in Browns WR History in 2007.
-
Health CareAs a business owner let me chime in.....
I have a smallish company, 27 employees.
Of those 27 employees I pay health benefits for 18 employees.
When I started my business in 2002. In '02 the health insurance company only offered me two plans. The price for the employee roughly was about $90 a month for insurance covering up to 5 people. My cost was about $175 a month per employee. Fast forward to '10. I am now offered 3 plans, and the same plan in '02 for $95 is $138 out of the employees paycheck and I am paying $291 for it. Thats $5,238 in a month out of my pocket for health care.
The system is just too over priced. The majority of our hospitals are tax payer funded, yet the hospital draws in enormous amounts of profit. The hospitals then in return up their prices so the insurance company ups their prices because they need their fat cushion too sit on as well. In the end its business owners and employees who have to front the bill if you can even afford it.
I know many friends & family without health insurance. Going to a private company like Blue Anthem can cost over $300 a month for an individual with good health. If you have a some what troubled medical history forget about it.
We might not need public insurance, but at the very least we need the hospitals & insurance prices to become more regulated. Being a business owner I understand wanting big profits, but their is a point when enough is enough.
The issue with health care and hospitals is that they are inelastic services. An example of this is say a person who needs insulin to live. If your insulin is $50 a month, then jumps to $120 month and their is no cheaper substitute, then you are forced to purchase the insulin no matter what. You will cut costs in your life somewhere else in order to purchase your med. that keeps you alive. With inelastic goods & services the producer has the consumer by the balls. I am normally against Big Brother stepping into our lives, but the health insurance is one instance where I wouldn't mind to see some tougher regulations and restrictions on excess profits, especially by hospitals which are built with our tax payer dollars.
-
St. Tim Can't Walk on Water at the Senior Bowlyeah lets get a little up in the air over a bit of a joke... its 2010.... calling for somebody to die on a forum isn't real suprise.
I think Tebow can be a NFL QB... the guy knows how to win and has a unique driver for success....... but I think being in a pro-life campaign is bradyquinnish gay.
-
Otto Graham #3what is the weight of an average DLineman that JB played against, as well as LB's. Their speeds, strength etc...
I guarantee its ALOT less then what RBs face today
-
Otto Graham #3JB and Graham would just be average in today's NFL
-
Will Mangini Be Fired Monday?trolls b/c they don't agree with you?
Good thinking.
-
Wildcat FormationI like the WC as a wrinkle, but i hate atheltic QBs who rely too much on running. The top passers in our game are pocket passers.
Brees
Manning (sometimes both)
Rivers
Rogers
Brady (not our brady)
Ryan
Must I continue?
-
tempered enthusiasmwell you don't go Oline first, because the most winning teams in the NFL don't go Oline first. Including Saints, Pats and Colts. They pick 3rd up normally with oline.
I would take Gilyard, do a search, I've pimp'd him since last year. Maybe not with OUR position in the draft, but if we trade up possibly (which I'm not always a fan of trading up).
this offense is bad for sure. Chris jenning might be good in the future, he might not. He had one good game against a reeling Steelers defense that lost 5 straight. Lets wait out of the season and see if Jenning can average in that 3.8-4.3 ypc mark to see what he is worth to us before we get ahead of ourselves.
This defensive backfield needs help, I USUALLY am not the guy to want and draft a safety first.... but this is a case where i make an exception. Get the big hitting do it all safety.
-
Corey WilliamsWhat was the temperature up at the stadium? Here in Akron it was -2 with windchill..... I could imagine it being even colder w/ that open wind from the Lake.
-
Corey WilliamsCory Williams played DE and NT. If you look at the picks that Alo posted in a previous thread about the defense, you will see Williams at DE and NT. Both of Williams sacks came when he was a NT. In NT he caused alot of trouble in the interior of the line and he made some really good run stuffs out at DE when Rubin was in.
-
WEISSyep and bring Romeo back as the Defensive backfield coach. Between Weiss, Mangini, Crennel and Ryan they would run every buffet out of business in berea!
-
Matthew Stafford Mic'd Upthey mic up somebody because it gets viewer hits... eventually most starting QBs will have this mic on it. It might have something to do with stafford being the #1 overall pick........ just a thought.
-
Matthew Stafford Mic'd Upwhat did he say that was so geniune? I hear nothing out of the ordinary.
-
Obama Finds Legal Way Around The 2nd. Amendment and Uses It.Ok lets get this straight for all the people who DON'T UNDERSTAND THE 2nd Amendment.
The 2nd Amendment does NOT.... must i say it again... DOES NOT give YOU an individual the right to have a weapon.
The 2nd Amenment DOES... I repeat DOES... gives the state the right to have a well regulated and armed MILITIA.
Get it clear... owning a gun is not your constitutional right, it is a PRIVLEDGE given to you by the government.
-
Matthew Stafford Mic'd UpI don't hear anything special.
Do you really think Brady Quinn & Derek Anderson don't try and talk up the team while they are in the huddle? All QBs do this, no news to anybody.
-
Toilet Bowl '09: Browns vs. Lionsi already said a week ago the Lions would beat us. We have no single weapon on offense, we traded our two weapons. They have a awesome reciever and a few decent ones to go along with him. The Lions issue is they needed a QB at a bad time. This past draft had no real stand out QB... kind of like the Russel/quinn draft.