I've never been this discouraged about a Browns team.
Mayster Chief
Posts
-
Worst Team Ever!? -
Sam Bradford Cleveland 2010 -
Sam Bradford Cleveland 2010They have got to go with an impact player on offense next draft. Maybe it's Bradford, but it has to be someone who can come in and start. This is an offensive league. Yeah, I know that "defense wins championships". But right now I'd just like to see a TD. If you can score points, you've got a chance. They proved that two years ago, when they went 10-6.
-
Worst Team Ever!?I don't think any of the current Ravens were Browns, but how many of the players that were on the Browns when they moved are even in the league? Watching the game today just becomes even harder when you think about what could have been. The old Browns weren't terrible when they left town, but since they've come back they haven't had anything to hang their hat on. They've made the playoffs once, but so have the Bengals.
I'm tired of starting over every three years. The Steelers just reload and the Ravens seem to have some since of direction. Shoot even the Bengals are showing some signs of life.
They seem to be taking 3 steps back and then 2 more steps back. I just want to have a since of hope. I don't have it.
-
Worst Team Ever!?Let's recap what just happened. After 2.5 hours of pathetic football, I just witness DA throwing a pick into triple coverage and then on the very next play Derrick Mason catches a TD pass of 60 yards or so.
This years Browns are the worst team I think I've ever seen. They get bullied by every team they play, they have no QB, they have no pass rush, they can barely get a first down, they can't get off the field defensively on 3rd down. They haven't drafted well, they aren't creative on offense. They have no consistent running game. They throw too many ints. Their WRs can't get open.
I could go on and on.
What makes me more sick than anything else, is to know that the team that is absolutely killing them right now (Ravens) should be the team that I'm rooting for. I will never, NEVER, pull for another team the way I do the Browns, but this is riduculus.
How did the Falcons do it last year, how are the 49ers turning it around this year, even Detroit can put some points on the board.
Browns fans, including myself, are either the most loyal fans in the history of sports, or they're just a bunch of masochists. Maybe it's both.
-
The D stinks too!I don't mind stock piling players and picks, but I'm talking long term as well. Look at how many great players they've passed up over the years and how many busts they picked.
I don't have it sitting in front of me, but I know they passed up A. Peterson and they I think they passed up Tomlimson back in the day as well.
By the way, as I'm typing this, DA just threw another pick.
Will they ever be good?
-
The D stinks too!This team needs more "really good players". Mangini came in and traded down, traded down, traded down and stock piled picks, but was it really worth it?
Someone before posted a question and asked what's wrong with this team. They haven't drafted well in the first round since they came back. I like Joe Thomas, but he hasn't been as good as his rookie season.
-
We're back in the game!Same ole, same ole, for the last two seasons!
-
The D stinks too!There was a time, when I thought the D was ok and that they were just getting tired because the Offense was running their 3 and out scheme, but I've come to the conclusion that the D is horrible. The Ravens receivers are constantly open. When they catch the ball, there isn't even a white shirt in the picture.
How many times is Barton going to be standing right next to Heap and not even see the ball go past him to the TE?
-
DA throws a pick on first drive... (edit: 2 picks so far)(edit: 3 now)I don't care who the QB is, I just want them to win!!!!! DA looks better right now, but they need a lot of help at a lot of positions.
Plus I prefer Harrison and Davis of Lewis.
"Jamal with a carry up the middle, he chops his feet for 5 seconds, and falls on the pile."
-
WTF!!! R U F'ing kidding me!?I've always been a Quinn fan, but he's look terrible. Whether it's him or the OC, something needs to change. It may be the end of his time and it may damage his confidence, but right now things aren't getting better, in fact they may be getting worse.
-
Fire Daboll NOW!!Wow, they actually threw the ball downfield. Do they even realize that there are WRs on the field.
-
WTF!!! R U F'ing kidding me!?Right now it doesn't matter who the QB is. This is the most pathetic team I've ever seen. They are predictable on offense, and they can't get to the QB on defense.
I was sitting on my couch and predicted Quinn's first INT. After the first two plays of the game you could see what the game plan was. "Get the ball out of Brady's hands as quick as possible." When I can sit at home and figure things out, how easy do you think it is for the Ravens or anyone else for that matter.
-
The difference between our Defense and the RavensThis is one of the worst teams I've ever seen. EVER!
They can't pressure the QB on defense. They can't get a first down! As many of you I watch a lot of football and see receivers open all the time. The Browns can't even get a receiver open.