DeForest Buckner would be my choice over Bosa. PFF ranks him number 1 in all of college football
I've watched all but one of the Duck's games and this guy just pops off the screen. He is the best 5-Tech in the draft.
DeForest Buckner would be my choice over Bosa. PFF ranks him number 1 in all of college football
I've watched all but one of the Duck's games and this guy just pops off the screen. He is the best 5-Tech in the draft.
There are other factors here... Age, contract, probability of another accepted contract extension, etc.
Joe Thomas is a hall of famer for sure, could be the best technician of all time, however you have to consider ROI.
I want Mack gone because he's probably gone after this year or next at the latest.
Mingo is the same thing, do you really think he'd sign an extension with a team that uses him as a special teams ace.
Joe Thomas really deserves better than to have a new coach and system every two years (often we change year to year). Get a first when you can and we'll all sadly say goodbye. I want him to be here for a winner but I'm not sure that's bound to happen with McCown, Johnny, or any 2016 draft pick.
I'm for it. These "elite" players just aren't making a difference in the win column.
I'd be all for getting Haden out too (love the guys buts he's always been overrated), but his play and injuries severely diminish his value at this deadline
My keys:
1) OLB - Bryant and Kruger rotate and rush 90% of their snaps. Mingo plays opposite and played 70% of snaps. He's able to be a 3-down Sam backer. Rotate Orchard on both sides; at this point, in coverage, I trust Mingo and Orchard only.
2) Continue using the quick screen/passes to motion or slot receivers. Pats and the Pack do this and I fully expect the league to make the (eager) downfield blocking an emphasis for next season. We need to use it while we can.
3) Commit to giving Duke 15 carries primarily in late 2nd through the end. Mix in varied runs. Hammer Turbin and Crowell in the 1st - 2nd.
4) Play the ball aggressively on defense. Peyton's arm is shot. Limited power and sporadic accuracy = turnovers. Peyton will still beat us on anticipation, but they need to take advantage on his deficiencies. Also blitz more when Manning is not in his comfort zone (shotgun)
5) Bryant and Bryant need to see the field more than their peers. Those two put forth much higher effort and it shows in their production.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Shane Ray
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper
Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack
Offensive Player of the Year: Julio Jones
Most Valuable Player: Sam Bradford
Coach of the Year: Chip Kelly
Comeback Player of the Year: Sam Bradford
I really think Mingo is incredibly valuable. Very solid in coverage, if healthy he could still be 6-8 sacks it seems, he lives in the backfield when rushed
He's a different type of player then we expected. Not the straight pass rushing fiend but a more well rounded player. For the 6th pick you'd ideally like 15 sack production, but I'm happy with Mingo. Let Orchard turn into the pure pass rushing guy, IMO. Don't have Orchard drop back
His long speed/build reminds me a lot of Gordon
Both have a long stride, effortless motion, and quick turnover that allow them to outrun most
Pryor gives value to the team as a 5th receiver (slot), 3rd TE and emergency QB. Get him coached up to be a gunner and you have a valuable player
This guy was a phenomenal prospect. I'm not sure why his name doesn't get thrown around with the likes of Peppers, Williams, and Clowney, as he had triangle numbers very similar to them.
His production was off the charts too with 33 sacks and 70 TFL in his college career. This also comes from the time when traditional running offenses dominated the college scene
Duke is a capable return man. That's one of his best attributes
Not a fan of the NFL allowing LB's to be in the 40's
Hopefully we can snag DeAndre Smelter in the 6th (would be IR in Year 1)
I like how Mayle Plays and we are seeing a trend here with the receiver additions this off season. All three additions are 6-2+
I think this is a great idea with Manziel and also the commitment to running the ball
Would love Pruitt as a FB/TE
Very similar to Marcel Reece who Flip utilized in Oakland
Today I'm hoping we come out with Stefon Diggs, Tre McBride, or Deandre Smelter for WR
Jesse James, TE
And also Kyle Emmanuel and slide him to ILB
So, piss away two top 20 picks for Bradford, a mystery player and #20?
Yep... Cleveland being Cleveland. I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger on that deal even if Fletcher Cox came with it.
How is it pissing away two Top 20 picks when you are getting Pick 20 in return (literally losing one spot in a draft where picks 15-35 probably aren't that different in talent, potential, and projection)
Basically it would be Pick 12 for Bradford and Cox (let's just use him)
None of us saw Manziel behind closed doors last year. I appreciate that Haden and Thomas are going to the media recently to help support Manziel. However we just don't know at this point. Hes a true question mark. Two scenarios below if we can draft Mariota.
Trade Manziel and get two conditional picks for 2016 and 2017 drafts and keep Mariota. This would be my key to the Mariota trade up. Try to get a deal done with the Saints, Chargers, Eagles, or Cowboys for 2016 and 2017 7th Rounders that can be worth up to a 2nd's depending on the escalators (specifically 2017, when Manziel could be a fulltime starter to actually hit the escalators)
Another thing would be to draft Mariota and then turn him around the the Eagles for Bradford, 20, and an additional player/pick.
My point was for Grayson, Hundley, and Petty it would be a waste of a 2nd or 3rd Rounder. They bring nothing to the table (talent-wise) that is any different than Manziel at this point. Also two of them are older.
If we swing this year it better be for Mariota and no one else
Grayson would just be a waste. Either draft Mariota or stick with Manziel for one more year. No point taking Petty, Hundley, Grayson, etc. Since they all have question marks, like Manziel, but do not possess his upside.
Stitching looks terrible
Hmmm.. Surprised by this
I guess I'm about as far away from the terrible NT/RT or NT/WR or OLB/WR 1st Round ideas floated around here.
I'd rather have an elite talent or Mariota then some of these other scenarios