Mike H
Posts
-
Hillard moved to active roster -
2018 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 4Annoying, not one person I know in LA watches the Chargers.
-
Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week -
Who Plays LT?Saw Corbett up close, he looks like a LT. Was in at second team LT every day after Greg’s concussion.
LT is a scary weakness right now. I don’t understand their plan.
I agree with Tour about Corbett potentially moving to center. Talked about that a lot with Petrak last Friday.
-
What week does TieRod get injured/Mayfield StartEverything Ghoolie posts should automatically have this attached to it. I wonder if Zombo could make it happen?
I am surprised people still read/respond to it. I read the first sentence and laughed, then continued on with my life.
-
What week does TieRod get injured/Mayfield StartNo such thing as Karma.
Here is where I differ from most on this board. Many of you are very intelligent, and impressive to me on your understanding of X's and o's, and the details of trades and talent resumes. I don't mean to be insulting in this, but like many fans, a lot of what you guys think and believe is a result of what is being fed to you in the media.I don't think many here are in tune to their own senses when it comes to football.
For years, while I have predicted horrible performance, the majority here has blasted me on the grounds that I don't realize how much the new OC or DC will improve the team. But let me ask you, if the OC is the Czar of the Offense, and the DC is the Czar of the Defense.............can you describe to me then the duties, or even the need for a HC?
Do you imagine that Bill Belichik places his fortunes in the hands of an OC? Do you imagine Bill lets the OC and Brady figure things our, and then just goes along for the ride?
Co-cordinator.............Coordinator. Let's take a look at the definition of coordinator
nouna person whose job is to organize events or activities and to negotiate with others in order to ensure they work together effectively.You see? Nowhere does this word imply autonomy, creativity OR AUTHORITY..............The word coordinator was chosen for this job for a reason........in Ghoolie's terms....Coordinator = Coffee Fetcher.That is how business works. That is how the NFL works. That is how life works. You guys have a really weird fetish for "Coordinators".. it is almost like you want to perform fellatio on these men.Remember, I was THE FIRST ONE HERE to call for Hue's head..........(QTR1 of his first preseason game to call for Hue's head, and guarantee that he would never have a winner). HOWEVER....unlike you guys, who live in a fukctard fantasy world, I understand how corporations work.The coordinators serve at the pleasure of the Head Coach. No Head Coach is going to let an OC come in and just CREATE.............. Why? It's simple.....................A HC reports to the owner. THe owner signs the HC's paycheck. NO HC is going to let it be known that he is sitting on his balls and leaving the offense and defense up to.............COFFEE FETCHERS................Case in point, Flugel still have dried sperm on his chin from blowing Greg WIlliams. ON AND ON AND ON he went about how (his words) " Williams will have this defense whipped into a frenzy". I on the other hand told you the truth.......... Williams D would be no better than Hortons, and at 0 - 16, his record is worse.So, let me tell you how this works............ The Coffee Fetchers meet with Hue. Hue gives them input.........his philosophy, his plan,,,,his blueprint............ and he tells the coordinators to go paint the picture that he just described. The Coffee Fetchers are instructed how much risk they are allowed to take, what type of plays for different situations the HC wants, and which play groups will be called in which situations.THAT is how it works, and how it must work. NO CEO is going to let his inferiors create the corporate business plan. It just doesn't work that way. Every year, for 29 years how, the new season has consisted over and over and over of you guys telling me how THIS YEAR................ THIS YEAR.................. we finally have the right team in place............ how we finally have the right offensive and defensive coordinators.Many of you here have active posts about how the new DC and HC are going to call all the shots, and step over Hue, make him look stupid......win in spite of him. You guys honestly believe that Dorsey and the OC and DC are going to run the team......... and what.......... Hue is just going to play with his nuts and sit on the sideline like Zomblow on one of his weekly drunk stupors?I enjoy you guys immensely, but honestly, take a deep breath and slap yourselves back into reality. LOOK AT THE FACTS............... NOT THE KOOL AIDFor the third time, we have Black Tarkenton starting. Coincidence? You think Dorsey made this so?Haslam announced EMPHATICALLY that Hue Jackson does not report to DorseyHaslam will not fire a black HC because of appearancesHaslam is NOT going to let 2 coffee fetchers walk all over his HC. He will ABSOLUTELY NOT allow that to happen, and would NEVER suffer it getting into the media. No, No, No, I promise you, in 2018, you are going to witness Haslam standing by Hue, kssing his backside more than ever.The coordinators are here to protect Hue. They are coffee fetchers, fall guys. Beards.This is Hue's team, adn it will contiue in 2018. The Browns this year will look much like the 2017 and 2018 squads because a leopard cannot change his spots.Did anyone read this horseshit? Hahaha
-
Denzel WardHistory is littered with stories like that... players who were so athletically gifted that they never had to learn how to play. Then, as the competition level rose thru the distillation process that is the NCAA and NFL, they found it was too late and/or too hard to learn... at least it was harder than what they were willing to bear.
Does seem like for every non-QB you hear this of, you hear it of a QB, which makes sense given that QB is the highest skilled position. Leaf, Manziel, Pryor all sring to mind, but I'm hard-pressed to think of another CB to add to the Gilbert list... maybe Clayborne?
Dee Milliner
-
Denzel WardYup... Bryce was my desperation darkhorse the year he came out. Did not jump out and demand the honor as others have, but was the best the candidates in that class.
This is totally the insomnia’s fault, but I read the comments. Seeing someone refer to Brock Osweiler as a “way competent” backup gave me a way-too large grin.
-
Denzel Ward -
Callaway Cited for Marijuana PossessionI forgot there are ignore features on this forum. If everyone could stop quoting Viking, I won’t have to ever see his posts again. Thanks
-
2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256St Brown drafted by the Packers in the 6th
Watch Rodgers make him a star.
-
2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256Don't care for Ratley or Thomas from what I've briefly seen.
-
Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession -
Callaway Cited for Marijuana PossessionThis is my favorite pick other than Baker. I am a huge gambler and risk taker. Love it. Callaway looks like Stefon Diggs to me.
-
2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256Eq St Brown is still on the board because he’s a passive, soft player. Looks the part, but is not a guy teams want.
-
2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256Callaway had a diluted sample at the combine.
-
Nick ChubbThat’s fair. I thought that about Corbett at first. But learning more makes me OK with the spot. Jamarco Jones and Tyrell Crosby being still available makes me want them to take another OL in RD4. “Steals!” Haha
-
Nick Chubb8..3..and 1.
Wow. That cut on 3 back against pursuit was beautiful.
-
Mayfield is no Brees40-yd+? Not really the throw you want to use for "velocity" is it? Too many combinations of velocity and arc...
Seems to me the 10 to 15-yd out would be the better choice.
True. We have their numbers for those throws from the combine (drill is intermediate out routes), was my thinking. I wanted to see what they had behind a ball they’re trying to drive down the field, with timing. And the result was pretty much the same. Like I said, I don’t doubt LamJax can physically throw a ball faster, but I don’t think he can do it as functionally.
-
2018 NFL DRAFT - DAY THREE - rounds 4 through 7 and pick #256Far from an exhaustive list, saw some others they did not catch, but here’s who’s left from Browns pre-draft visits:
- Jeff Badet, WR, Oklahoma (WOR)
- Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (PRI)
- Martez Carter, RB, Grambling (PRO)
- Chris Hardeman, FS, Houston Baptist (PRO)
- Heath Harding, CB, Miami (Ohio) (PRO)
- Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia (PRI)
- Quadree Henderson, WR, Pittsburgh (WOR)
- Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan (PRI)
- Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (COM)
- Afolabi Laguda, S, Colorado (PRO)
- Montrel Meander, CB, Grambling (PRO)
- Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State (COM)
- Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan (SR)
- Da'Mari Scott, WR, Fresno State (PRI)
- Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas (PRI)
- Arrion Springs, CB, Oregon (PRI)
- Jullian Taylor, DT, Temple (LOC)
- Simeon Thomas, CB, La.-Lafayette (PRI)
- Charvarius Ward, CB, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
- Malik Williams, RB, Louisville (PRO)
- Deon Yelder, WR, Western Kentucky (PRO)
