@thenew23 said:
Really? "Rookie coaching mistakes??" Really? From a rookie coach?? OMG!!!!!! fire him...
That's a bit of an overreaction to what I stated.
It's blatantly obvious Pettine has made mistakes. As I have said in the past, I hope he can learn from them. But I am a Browns fan, not a Pettine fan. Right now, it looks like he is not ready for the big time head coaching position.
If he learns and leads us to success, which I hope he does, I'll be the first to congratulate him. But so far, and it has been early, I'm seeing too many rookie mistakes.
And it's not so much playcalling as it is the other stuff. Team does not look prepared. The Offensive line performance has been offensive. The whole QB situation and the way that has been handled through the media has been neophyptic. The defense has not lived up to expectations. Yes, it's just preseason, and I certainly expect a big fat steaming turd in the 4th preseason game.
We'll have to see what happens in the regular season, but I hope there is improvement shown.