I really think if you guys build the OL up then you have some good quality on O and McClain/Jones will really help the D
milehigh24
Posts
-
Broncos fan, a Browns Mock Draft!!! -
Broncos fan, a Browns Mock Draft!!!Hey!!! I am a big Broncos fan but wanted to try another teams mock draft so if you could give me your opinions that would be great.
I only have limited knowledge of the Browns but I think this would work out pretty well for you guys.
I thought I would have a go at another teams mock draft and here is one for the Browns.
1 - Rolando McClain - 6-4 - 258
They would love Eric Berry here but I don't think he drops to 7, the latest he goes is Seattle at 6. McClain can be a good leader and provide help against the run and improve the LB core where they need help in the middle.
2 - Arthur Jones - DE - Syracuse - 6-4 - 293
A good 3-4 DE who is a starter from day one on an ageing DL.
3 - Mike Johnson - OG - Alabama - 6-5 - 305
The OL needs help and Mike Johnson is good value here and another day one starter, I think Brady Quinn could be a good QB if the OL is built.
3 - Jacoby Ford - WR - Clemson - 5-9 - 182
A playmaker to play in the slot and compliment the 2 outside prospects in Massa. and Robiskie. A very good returner who can spell Cribbs at times or come in if he gets injured or goes (which I don't think he will).
4 - Harry Coleman - SS - LSU - 6-2 - 206
Good value here, Coleman has the potential to be a very good SS in the NFL.
5 - Brian Jackson - CB - Oklahoma - 6-1 - 200
Someone I quite like, is consistent, has size and strength and Sam Bradford thinks he could be a good NFL starting corner.
5 - Pat Angerer - ILB - Iowa - 6-1 - 235
Strong presence at ILB alongside McClain or to provide depth. He is very tough against the run and has good intangibles.
5 - Chris Scott - RT - Tennessee - 6-5 - 345
Another good value pick. A starter at LT for the Volunteers, did not allow a sack in over 700 pass attempts in all 12 games and helped the team average 170 yards a game on the ground. A little inconsistent but should be very good at RT. Very versatile and can play guard.
6 - Jeffrey Fitzgerald - DE - Kansas State - 6-4 - 280
A late round sleeper, has potential to play 3-4 DE. He had 40 tackles from the DE position, 10 went for losses, 7 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and recovering 2. He proved his atheticism by returning a pick for a TD.
6 - Brandon James - RB - Florida - 5-7 - 186
Brandon James and Percy Harvin tore it up for Florida last year, he is dynamic, can throw the ball well and a threat to take it to the house on any play, a good WildDawg option who is versatile. A dangerous returner.
7 - Marshall Newhouse - OG - TCU - 6-3 - 320
Good experience, invited to the combine and a member of the 2009 All Mountain West First Team.
Let me know what you think
Thanks