Any updates on your opinions yet?
moonmang
Posts
-
Outsider's Take On Weeden -
Outsider's Take On Weedenhttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19123369
I'm telling you guys, you will love this guy.
-
Outsider's Take On WeedenI saw someone say that he "needs to get better against the blitz." Are you kidding me? That's the laziest scouting I have ever seen. His ability to get the offense out of bad situations against the blitz pre-snap was incredible. Sometimes I wonder what people are watching. I think people just like typing words just to see them written.
-
Outsider's Take On WeedenSo I'm a lifelong Dolphins fan and I had put some time into evaluating the QBs in this draft. You guys got a good one in Weeden. It really couldn't have gone better for you guys. Richardson is a slam dunk at RB and for the life of me I don't know how Weeden went so far under the radar.
Well, I should say I don't agree with the age argument against him. Think about it logically: if he sucks then it never mattered how old he was. If he works out you still get 8 years out of the guy. You won't find anyone who doesn't like Weeden with an argument about his game. It's always the low hanging fruit age issue, which is short sighted and amateur. You're talking about a guy who can throw it with the best of them. You're talking about a guy who was asked to do more than pretty much any college QB pre-snap save for Luck. You're talking about a guy who has some serious talent. Trust me, no one is going to give a crap about his age when he's out there gunning it all over the field.
Anyway, I was hoping he'd be a Dolphin. I'll be rooting for him to succeed.