Motley_trap
Posts
-
Gerhart Please -
Gerhart PleaseGerhart has starter potential. Why not? If we draft a running back fine. if we are going after a FA, I think Gerhart should be the choice over Tate.
Gerhart's a productive backup. I don't know that he should be anyone's starter, though.
-
Incognito Reaction: I Don't Get ItWhy is THIS situation generating such a disproportionately negative reaction compared to actual crimes committed by NFL players? Why is Richie Incognito "a cancer" who should be "kicked off the team"/"never allowed to play football in the NFL again", but everyone just kind of grumbles for a minute and then forgets about it when an actual domestic violence case or drug case goes by?
I'd venture for two reasons;
1)The whole situation was weird and attention grabbing from the start. NFL players driving their own teammate to walk away, unusual in itself, then people were taken aback by the way Richie and Martin talked to each other.
2)Richie has a history. Suspensions, fights, clashes with players, coaches, fans. Very polarizing individual.
Perhaps drug related arrests or domestic violence cases should warrant stronger reactions, but IMO it's like hearing a musician or actor OD'ed last night. Commonplace enough for us to become desensitized to it.
-
Browns trying to lock up Joe Haden, talked yesterday - so it beginsIf Haden isn't a top 5 corner, he's close. Like top 8.
Just not at the dominant level yet. Still earned his Pro Bowl bid, even with a late season swoon.