Can’t vote as I don’t know enough about what happened. It’s what I was saying to people before he was dealt here… we have unsubstantiated reports as evidence. No one knows. No need to jump off the ship until there’s evidence enough to do so. Does it seem icky? You bet. Does it also come across as suspect? Yeah, honestly. Kinda.
What I suspect has happened (and it could be a shade worse or more innocent):
Watson goes to a masseuse. After she is done, she says “Oh, you’re Deshaun Watson the NFL quarterback? We’ll sir, would you do me the pleasure of allowing me to blow you?” And Watson being a dude says “my pleasure m’lady. Allow me to present to you… my throbbing manhood.” And then afterward he thinks to himself… “well uh… I don’t know if I should go back to that one. It’s kinda weird now that she sucked my cock and everything.”
So Watson finds a new masseuse. And that masseuse in turn says “Hey Mr Watson! Check out how wet my pussy is for you!” “Well hop on, lass!”
And then again afterward he thinks “geez I don’t know if I should go back to this one.”
And so on and so forth with some not expressing desire to fuck him and others quite the opposite. But enough that do so much that Watson makes some bad reads. He oversteps and he makes some women uncomfortable. And that’s no good. And maybe he meant no disrespect. And maybe upon the “no”, he left it at that and didn’t harass anyone. But perhaps his boner should not have been presented in the first place without being damn sure it was welcome.
For those instances, a lady or two comes forward and says “this cat is a creep.” And a few more come forward who actually consented, but can smell the dollarbucks and claim the same. And perhaps one or two who experienced nothing at all sexual get a whiff of potential cash as well, so they pile on.
The money grubbers may have inflated the numbers and made things look worse than they are. But there are probably some with legit concerns who Watson didn’t intend to offend, but definitely positively abso-fucking-lutely should have fucking known fucking better than to assume that they wanted to fuck him, with whom he acted recklessly and without proper regard.
Presenting a boner? Icky. Unwanted verbal advances? Ditto. Can I learn to live with those with some remorse and a lesson learned? Probably. Because I’ve been cheering for a team without a quarterback my entire adult life. And that’s just the level of hypocrite I’m willing to reduce myself to.
Cramming that unwanted boner down the throat of an unwilling person? I’m drawing a line and will turn in my fan card until Watson is no longer around. Can’t abide by it.
But do I know what level this rises to? Nope! So I’m basing my excitement level on Browns management hopefully being smart enough to understand where they could draw that line. And with what they know, hopefully it’s a sign that it’s not as bad as we fear.