Pissed at H&H for going beyond stupid to get one player? Hardly.
So with the draft over- is RG III worth Richardson, Weeden, a (hopefully) stud RT + a first round pick next year? Very debatable.
There's plenty of opinion outside of Washington the Redskins gave up way too much to get RG III. Enjoy not having to tune in on the first day of the draft for the next two years.
For what the Redskins gave up, you had better hope Griffin is the second coming of Warren Moon, because that's what your front office is thinking.
Is it stupid because the Browns missed on the pick? Would you have been elated if you guys nabbed RGIII? Do you not believe that an organization (especially organizations like CLE and WAS that have sucked at qb for a considerable amount of time)should do whatever they can to land a talent like Griffin? Sure, we gave up a lot (2 first rd picks), but if that QB becomes everything you thought they could be, then the risk far outweighs the reward.
There is also plenty opinion that the Browns made a mistake by drafting by a 28 (soon to be 29) year old quarterback in the 1st rd, though I think the pick was warranted, given who you had, and who you failed to get. And since only the 1st round is shown on day one of the draft these days, I think we'll do just fine
, since almost all of our draft picks from the last 2 years are still on the team, and we have had success in the early middle rounds selecting guys like Roy Helu, and are building considerable depth.
All us Redskins fans definitely have our fingers crossed though, but from early reports, it seems like RGIII is really picking up the playbook well, and taking care of business. I think he will work out great for us.
Good luck with your team though. I was a huge fan of Trent Richardson, even when he was playing behind Ingram at Bama, and I am excited to see what he can do in the NFL. I have no doubt that he can be a successful RB right off the bat.