Sam Bradford if we can package some picks to get him.
If not, Eric Berry
Sam Bradford if we can package some picks to get him.
If not, Eric Berry
Jo
Yeah that guy sucks too, who does he play for again?
Jo Mama!!!!
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
Still a Risk Health wise... Not exactly a No Brainer.
Is Holmgren more likely to use all those draft picks, or will he package a couple to make a move? I saw someone on a board say that Holmgren isn't likely to move up for a QB in the top 5. I am not opposed to getting Clausen (I just don't like the idea) if that is what MH thinks we need.
I think many scouts/GMs like Bradford much more than they may let on. Chances Rams actually pass on him is slim.
Sounds like people got the impression Holmy wants a top QB in this draft. This was posted during the combine, before DA and Quinn got booted. I will puke if we move down for Clausen, but I'd be syked to get Bradford. I can't be objective though, I am an Oklahoma boy.
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/3/14/13...ckaging-a-trade
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/3/3/133...e-to-trade-with
Rumor: Lions Hope to Trade with Browns or Bills If Rams Pass on a QB
Pod_tiny by Sean Yuille on Mar 3, 2010 12:26 AM EST in Draft Comment 49 comments
All this time Lions fans have been hoping that the Rams draft a quarterback with the No. 1 pick, allowing Detroit to have its choice of the top defensive tackles -- Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy. There has always been the thought of a possible trade if a quarterback's stock rises from now until the draft and entices a team to jump up to the No. 2 pick. Because that is so uncertain, though, I think fans would much rather see St. Louis draft a quarterback so Detroit is guaranteed to have the opportunity to pick between Suh and McCoy.
Based on what FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki said in an article about rumors from the NFL Combine, however, perhaps a trade is more likely than originally thought. The one caveat is that trading down could be dependent on St. Louis not drafting a quarterback, giving other teams the chance to move up and select Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen. Here is what Czarnecki had to say about the rumor:
The Lions, who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don’t pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns czar Mike Holmgren won’t want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don’t want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle.
Let's break down this rumor based on a few things that would have to happen to make it possible.
Star-divide
1. The Rams would have to pass on a quarterback.
Although there have been reports that St. Louis is set on drafting Sam Bradford, Czarnecki's first rumor in the above-linked article is actually about how the Rams would pick Gerald McCoy if the draft was today because Steve Spagnuolo favors him. Obviously a lot could change from now to the draft in April, but it is definitely possible that St. Louis could opt for a defensive tackle, whether it is McCoy or Suh. I think McCoy going first overall would be the best possible scenario for the Lions because it gives them a shot at drafting Suh or trading down. Needless to say, all leverage would be in the Lions' court.
2. Detroit would have to be willing to pass on Suh or whoever to move down.
Regardless of what the Lions are offered as far as a trade goes (I will get to that in a second), nothing will happen if Detroit is dead set on drafting Ndamukong Suh (or some other player; I'm just using Suh for this example). I mean, there's always the possibility of an offer coming along that is just too good to turn down no matter how much the Lions may want to add Suh to the roster. But if Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew view Suh as having the ability to immediately turn around the defense and improve the team in a big way, then it may be tough to trade down and pass on somebody like Suh.
3. Detroit would have to be offered a good enough deal to actually move down.
The last part of this is pretty simple. There won't be a trade unless the Lions are offered something that is so enticing that they have no problem with moving down. Based on this rumor, which explicitly mentions the Browns and Bills, that means that a deal would have to be worth moving all the way from the second overall pick down to either the seventh or ninth. That would require a pretty nice package of picks and perhaps even some players as well considering neither team has more than one first-round selection (neither has more than one second-round pick, either). The key to a trade that involves moving more than just a couple spots is that the Lions receive enough in return to make it worthwhile and that they don't move too far down where they miss out on somebody that will have an immediate impact. I suppose as long as you draft by the best player available mantra that any player should have an immediate impact, but some of the top players in the draft appear to be on a level of their own.
--
If the Lions were to trade down, I think it's a given that the ideal partner would be the Seahawks. Seattle has the No. 6 and No. 14 picks, which would be just about the perfect compensation for the second overall pick based on a typical trade value chart. Not only that, but a trade with Seattle would only move the Lions down four spots, giving them a possible shot at a player who has been talked about being picked at No. 2 (like an Eric Berry or Russell Okung). The best part of this deal is that the Lions would go back on the clock with the 14th pick, giving the team a chance to add another high-level talent in the first round.
For me, I would be in favor of trading down as long as the Lions don't go down too far and get a good package of picks/players back in return. It would be a little tough to swallow moving down to seventh or ninth without the possibility of coming out of the trade with two first-rounders (in this draft, at least), but if the Browns or Bills throw pick after pick at the Lions to make a deal happen, then it would probably be worth pulling the trigger.
Not sure what you are asking for. Are you looking to have your post count totals credited or original registration date displayed?We can modify these for you if you have the details. We no longer have any records though.
Oh man. I was hoping for some archives or something. No biggie. thanks for the response. I haven't ever been a very active poster (no internet access) so my post count isn't a big deal. I think I joined the board back in '06 and been stalking a while before that. Finally got access again I was just wondering if any details of my old account still existed.
Thanks admin
I guess everyone had to re-register their names a couple years back when the boards format changed. I was just wondering if there was any way for me to recover that profile from the old board. It was under the same name, I just wasn't sure if that data was lost or not. I haven't had internet for a long time so I am sure this is an old issue.
Thanks for any help
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
\ said:
Nice Start for Quinn, well I will like to see Jerome Harrison get more touches he makes nice runs, 4 rushes for 44 yards why are we not seeing him more
Amen, more Harrison! Don't get me wrong I like Jamal, but just because he is a workhorse doesn't mean he has to get so many carries. Is Harrison really that bad at pass blocking?
Oh snap! Nevermind. Looks like everyone's got reset.
Somethin to do with the new board format? I had to re-create my account, and now I can't log into the chat room. It's not like I had a big post count anyway.