Try this one:
ndneighbor
Posts
-
email the Browns -
DA forced zero puntsi outlasted most Browns fans and left with less than 9:00 to play. As of then, DA had forced GB to punt zero times: he provided no pass rush, no pass coverage, and he couldn't stop the run. No matter what he did, GB trounced right through him. The Packers marched the ball right down his throat. That guy needs to learn how to tackle.
BTW, it was great to see Kath at the tailgate. She is prettier than when i met her in 1999. i wish we had more time to talk.
Solid points. Too many people forget that the QB isn't playing D. However. . . how responsible is he for 3 points over 4 quarters?
An OC is also to blame for 3 points. Lotsa positions needing upgrading to be sure.
-
best and most accurate pre-game breakdown i've seenTo the backwards steelerfan,
Where did this come from? Link?
-
PFT is reporting that Brady Quinn's house is for salehttp://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_14.html
Cleveland Browns' Eric Mangini: 'We're not looking to move Brady Quinn'
By Plain Dealer staff
October 14, 2009, 10:41AM
Updated at 11:55 a.m. with Brady Quinn quotes
By Mary Kay Cabot and Tony Grossi,
The Plain Dealer
BEREA, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Brady Quinn said this morning that he has not asked to be traded and coach Eric Mangini said during his press conference, "We're not looking to move Brady Quinn.''
Quinn was asked if he would request a trade.
"No, that's not my nature to do something like that. I have a contract with the Browns and I intend to play that out."
When asked if he would welcome a trade, Quinn said: "It's tough to put out a hypothetical like that. At this point in time, obviously, I want to play. I think I'm good enough to play in the league. I'm here right now to do the best I can for this team."
The questions about Quinn's status were prompted by growing speculation that Quinn would like to go somewhere where he can start. The trading deadline is next Tuesday at 4 p.m. Quinn's house was put up for sale on Tuesday, fueling speculation that he might be on the move.
Managini said he's talked to Quinn and "He's focused on Pittsburgh." Mangini also said, "We get calls all the time that we listen to, but Brady is a Cleveland Brown and it's not anything we're looking to do.''
Quinn stands to lose $11 million this season if he doesn't start and finish about 11 games. He's played 2 1/2 games this season, and Mangini has expressed his commitment to Derek Anderson, at least for the time being.
Quinn shrugged off theories that putting his house up for sale indicated he was anticipating a trade.
"No, that indicates a house is for sale," Quinn said. "I appreciate the free advertising. It doesn't have anything to do with what we're here for -- prepare for Pittsburgh.
"I'm a guy who doesn't want to continue to drive 30 minutes to the facility every day (from Avon Lake). I'm a bachelor who lives in a house that has maybe too much upkeep. There's other reasons (to sell it). I'm trying to downsize."
2009 cleveland.com. All rights reserved. -
Browns' Harrison feels he's the right size to fill team's RB needsPlease note the Aug.12 OP date for the above. The bolded section at the bottom is noteworthy.
Wouldn't one have to wonder why a QB finds it amusing when his receivers can't find the handle.
Yeah yeah . . . I know . . . the Browns need some receivers that can catch. Whatever. Jamal too I suppose.
-
KW - DQJ WallpaperHow much trouble will it be to change the 58 to a 52?
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=492
I believe 58 was Beau Bell.
Aside from a jersey no. it's rather sharp.
-
TheBrownsBoard's Official & Original: HOT Cheerleaders Thread


Yes they are all the same. Who doesn't like a 6pack?
-
Phil Trautwein releasedPer Rotoworld:
Browns waived OL Phil Trautwein.
The Browns needed an open roster spot after their two-for-one trade, and Trautwein was the unlucky loser. He'll be a practice squad candidate if he clears waivers.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
-
Another Browns' Jersey RIPSeriously man, don't sell your Quinn stock just yet. Remember 2008.
It's still a 16 game season and the current starter still has twice as many INTs as he does both passing and rushing TDs combined.
(He does have a QBR that's better than Jamarcus Russell has though.)
A little faith Tom. Just a little faith. Remember, you can't say Quinn without saying Win.
-
Game ballAfter Anderson ran in that endzone with the 2nd TD, he and Ratliff bumped chests, Quinn? Somewhere pouting.
Quinn was congratulating #3 the same as the rest of the team.
I watched the game. What were you doing?
-
More good newsEverybody has always been complaining about giving Harrison his opportunity anbd seeing what he really had. Now we get the chance. Still have Peerman on the active roster and now Jennings. When Lewis comes back one will have to be released.
I really want to see how they use Harrison. Hopefully it will be more draws, screens, swing passes and sweeps. I certainly don't want to see them pounding him up the middle.
The Browns' site still has Peerman listed on the PS.
-
Rodgers gets itLink to the quote please.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...aun_rogers.html
-
Jim Brown Jersey for SalePlease consider informing us of size, color, maker, etc. It might help your sales efforts.
(Lessee here. My controls. Manage ignored users. Add: buttplayer52. Done. Cool !! )
-
Cedric Peerman CUTBump. For those who check in early rather than late. See above. Peerman is a Brown again.
-
Cedric Peerman CUThttp://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tq...s&nid=64589
Peerman is now on the Browns practice squad.
-
Zombo was rightIt remains to be seen who starts the second half.
-
Ratliff may be your new starterAccording to Foxsports, Bartel is now on the Jaguars' practice squad.
-
There's no easy way outThanks for posting this Damajuki, I admire your lucidity.
After a quick visit to the NFL stats pages I have to report that the Browns have been playing a tougher schedule so far than we had thought.
Sure, we knew Minnesota and Balt. had great D. Believe it or not Denver has the best ranked D in the NFL right now. ( according to team, 09, regular season, game, stats)
They've played Cincy,Cleve. and Oak. (A good reason to hate stats)
I think you're right. We'll see worse before we see better.
I sure hope EM does some deep digging into the QB/OC situation. I'm sure he's still on a first name basis with some offense experts who could give him a very frank assessment if asked.
There was already some OCs fired before the season began. Daboll might be in for a demotion unless EM is too proud to admit he made a mistake giving Daboll the OC position.
IMHO Daboll seems like the cork in the bottle. Something's just not right about the dynamic between OC and QB right now.
Glad to see you found a way to enjoy the afternoon.
-
The Football Gods Demand a Sarcrifice.Obviously mz the pussy found some good stuff to ingest in some fashion.
Here's an appropriate stand in pic for Anteater's application:
Yeah. Toss that in the volcano. Quick, before he sobers up. -
Pro Anderson threadDA is who DA is.
We already have that quantified and we saw it all in one half of football today.
1) How do you get sacked without getting touched? Watch DA fall down in the pocket when forced to move a little. He has no athleticism (sorry Z, but you're out to lunch on that one). None for an NFL QB. This isn't necessarily a huge deal, but we all know not to expect much if he has to move. (i.e., cockpit isn't perfect)
2) Decision making. Rusty? Sure, maybe. Watch the first INT again. Where, exactly, did he think that ball would fit other than into the defender's hip? That wasn't trying to make something happen, that was just an awful decision. 2 more INT's follow.
3) Accuracy. His nearly fourth INT on the pass to Furrey.
Maybe he gives us the best chance to win, but that's only because we don't have another option if indeed its "stick a fork in Quinn time". Its too bad, because I think being forced to "invest" more development time in DA is most likely a poor bet.
Someone suggested the turf sacked him. I don't have a recording but that's not what I remember seeing.
I don't believe the turf had much, if anything to do with that sack. I think he was hearing footsteps. (Whether they were there or not.) He's not without athleticism. He used to run high hurdles.
Both QBs looked like they were playing scared and feared getting the hook after the next down.
At least the HC did get to see both QBs play against the same #2 defense from last season.