Do you think the Browns coaches teach them to "tackle" by pushing the ball carrier? Seems that is what they do best instead of wrapping a guy up and actually tackling! Too bad "pushing" an NFL player usually won't bring them down! Just another thing that ticks me off!
Northshore
Posts
-
I just want to enjoy a game -
Ever-lasting Qb controveryDA fumbles and flubs all over the field! Over-throws and under-throws are the norm. Favorite one today was when he hit the defender in coverage down field in the feet!
Nice job "selling" the play fake too...must be hard to actually try to fake a hand off!
He throws the ball late to the receivers so that the ball and the defender get there at the same time causing the receiver to get smashed and drop the ball. Then DA complains about all the "drops" the receivers have!
No controversy here! Our QB's suck!
-
Browns down by 28 points......Lets keep running Jamal Lewis up the middle...............nothing changes. SOS! This is disgusting! Sorry just needed to vent!
-
QB Discussion (pre Oct 11th game)I was a BQ supporter when we drafted him and I looked forward to seeing him get his chance to be our QB of the future.
That being said, I saw a completely different BQ playing the QB position this year when compared to what I saw in the couple games he started before the injury in 2008. Some of the things he does best such as roll-outs and bootlegs have been eliminated. It almost seems like he has been "coached" to play the position the way someone else wants it done, (such as stand in the pocket) and the things he does well removed from the game plan.
To be fair to him and to the rest of our team, I wish we would just trade him and get past the controversy. If we get to the point where we need to play a backup QB this year it won't matter who that player is, our season is nothing more than a learning experience for the players and coaches this year. As long as we keep getting a little better every week it will be fun to watch.
-
Sanchez & Rey-Rey -
We know one thing about the QB's nowI believe Quinn should ask to be traded. He has been "mishandled" since his rookie season just as "Robo" and "Momas" are this year. If his confidence was not shattered before, it certainly is now. It is very hard to play well while looking over your shoulder and being afraid to make a mistake because you will be benched.
Clearly Quinn has no future with the Browns and the Browns have no winning future in sight. This entire team is in disarray and it would not matter who the QB was they would struggle.
That being said, I do not believe DA is the answer either. Obviously this coaches identity is to "play not to lose" and DA's "gunslinger mentality" doesn't fit that mold either.
Too bad we didn't trade both DA and Quinn when they had some value. After 3 games with this team their their value has plummeted.
-
Mangini. PICK A DAMN QB ALREADY!!!!How about this......since Big Gay Ben is "injured" why don't we "give" DA to the Steelers! This would accomplish two things! With DA as P-burgs quarterback we would have a great chance of winning (2) games in the division and our defense ranking in the area of interceptions and sacks would go up!
-
The "fake" handoff...My Top 5
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Brett Favre
Tom Brady
Dan Marino
I would have to agree with these 5 "Pro Bowl" QB's are / were very good. Seems that the quarterbacks everyone thinks are best at "play action" seem to be some of the best quarterbacks ever. Affirms my believe that it is an important part of any good QB's game.
-
The "fake" handoff...Don't post a lot but I'm always reading in the forum. I know everyone is tired of the "Anderson vs Quinn" topics and I didn't intend to make this about just them. I was just reviewing our first pre-season game again on the DVR and I was reminded that year after year Anderson only makes what I would call a "half assed" attempt to sell the fake handoff to our running backs. He acts like it is something that he really doesn't believe will work and just goes through the motions. In the short time I have had to watch Quinn he seems to do it much better.... but time will tell. My question is: do think the fake handoff is an important part of the quarterbacks game? And if so. which quarterback, past or present in the NFL was or are the best at selling it.
-
RAC still in running as DC and did he & Mangini work together under BB ?IMHO if this team keeps Romeo on the payroll in anything other than a "front office" job the team will be split and will never gel under Mangini.
-
Bob Golic - "Says Bernie would make a great GM".I wonder if a OC that was drunk or high couldn't design a better game plan than last seasons OC.....