If he's starting for the Virginia Destroyers in the UFL next year, then we'll know he's serious about the love of the game. I wonder where he could go and have a good shot at winning. Most of the league's best teams are set at the QB spot. Minnesota, Oakland maybe Arizona are three places with talent, just not at the QB position. Oh, and Miami. And San Fran.
Northwest Editor
Posts
-
Carson Palmer -
Hasselbeck tutoring McCoyBrowns fan in the Seattle area here. It's been speculated that Paul Allen fired Jim Mora after just one season because he was in win-now mode after his cancer scare. And Pete Carroll, despite his youthful vigor, is the league's second-oldest head coach at 59. I don't think the Seahawks are going to really be in rebuilding mode for a few years -- rather, they'll probably bounce between seven and nine wins -- and Charlie Whitehurst has proved he doesn't have the goods to start. So I think it's a safe bet that Hasselbeck stays out here for one more season.
That said, he looked absolutely terrible in a few games this year, and Carson Palmer's demands could throw a wrinkle into things. Seattle teams have shown the willingness to make big trades, and often not for the best. I'm just hoping Matt Leinart doesn't end up out here.
Brian