@gftchris said:
You're thinking of Scotland.
But anyway, as I understand it, the concept of wearing trousers is basically because men needed to ride horses in battle (otherwise they could ride side-saddle like the ladies of the time). Do you happen to ride a lot of horses? I know I don't. Do we think Danny Shelton is any less manly for wearing a lava lava? I certainly wouldn't call him out on it, and good luck to the first UDFA that does so!
I'm assuming everyone's ok with girls wearing trousers?
The reason as I see it, was because of feminism. Females demanded a Change in cultural norms, they wanted it to be acceptable that they were doing a "male" job and filling a "male" role. And that it was to be championed if they did or were interested in something masculine.
Males never had a cultural revolution demanding the same things and we largely still enforce the old norms on ourselves.